The Official Rick Ross Appreciation Thread. TEFLON DON JULY 20th

I feel so sorry for Jeezy...just 2 weeks ago he had THE club/street song for the summer then......
.....B.M.F catches fire
smh.gif

moments of Trlilla , DTR , Timeless Audemars mixtape, The Albert Anastasia EP, Teflon Don - dude is making GREAT music, cant knock that and about his cred - who cares enjoy the music

Originally Posted by cartune

I set up an interview with dude in Montgomery today and Im assuming he's heading to Memphis tomorrow since he's asking for security from the mob I guess he going to bring out Juice again for the BMF

Dude on his grind tho he reaching out to everybody. All this viral content and promotion he and khaled are doing he's switching up the game. Maybe he feels if he does it himself he can pocket the promotion money or something
laugh.gif
Cause dude is very accessible right now almost like he's independent. I hope the hardwork translates into sales
Who is "Juice" and does dude really need mob security like that?

Either way, like I said a few pages back... Ross is showing major artists how to embrace the internet and how marketing should really be done. Online, everyone is independent. Its unreal how he seriously floods blog sites with like 3-4 posts a day sometimes...
eek.gif
. Major artist or not, thats a massive achievement considering their fickle and fleeting nature sometimes. #GroundWork!

Originally Posted by HipHopDoc09

I feel so sorry for Jeezy...just 2 weeks ago he had THE club/street song for the summer then......
.....B.M.F catches fire
smh.gif

Huh? BMF caught fire before All White Everything. And even then It's still hotter. I hear BMF everywhere. All White Everything aint even blew up yet.

Originally Posted by IKnowRap

Ross kinda dropped the ball IMO...the music is good as usual Ill give him that...album was a step back from where I thought he would take it tho

I remember when the talk was pretty much like dude got this "Mature Rap lane he leading and its dope"... I kinda wanted to see more of that

Im not a Star, BMF, MC Hammer although dope....shoulda been replaced with some tracks that shows why he shud be mentioned among the "best rappers" of today to ppl on the fence about him

all the rest of the tracks are on point but carried musically wit Ross playing the background...so to me he really didnt gain any ground...

QFMFT

I feel the exact same way. The music carries his tracks. Even though songs like BMF and MC Hammer go hard. *pause* He is put in no effort lyrically.

Maybe he feels if he does it himself he can pocket the promotion money or something
Aint really much to pocket with the budget cut he got this time around.  But props to the man for grinding the way he did.  Slowly but surely dudes are realizing they dont really need a label.

Originally Posted by blackmagnus514

Aint really much to pocket with the budget cut he got this time around

Got a quote for that? because all those features prolly demanded a decent sized budget.

Jada
Ye
Crisette Michelle
Ne-Yo

Are labelmates...

Styles P is prolly 20 or 30 bucks for a feature... Plus he was doin him the favor

Diddy is his "MANager"...

He did Raphael Sadiiq a favor...

Gucci Mane is prolly gonna end up being a favor for a favor basis, and they've worked togeather before...

That just leaves Drake, TI, Jay Z, John Legend Eryka Badu & Trey Songz, and I'm sure he has a relationship with them that made negotiating easier...

Originally Posted by blackmagnus514

Aint really much to pocket with the budget cut he got this time around

Got a quote for that? because all those features prolly demanded a decent sized budget.
No quote.  Something I heard from a miami dj.  His info has been accurate before so I have no reason to doubt this.  And this aint too far fetched.    Also Ross has Khaled in his corner so favors aint too hard to get.

Played Free Mason once, backed it up, played it again, backed it up, and played it again, and still never gets old.
pimp.gif

I've played this whole album about 15 times completely now...
eek.gif

Originally Posted by Rafool

Played Free Mason once, backed it up, played it again, backed it up, and played it again, and still never gets old.
pimp.gif

I've played this whole album about 15 times completely now...
eek.gif

Good job killing your brain cells....

Originally Posted by The Kid Nimley

Outside of "Tears Of Joy" & "All The Money In The World"...

This album is VERY shallow...

i hope thats not a shock to u...

ross rap about money, material posession, women, and food...

TML is definitely less shallow than TD...

the resistance alone makes it so...

drake spits a lot of real *+%$ on the album... even *+%$ like unforgettable and light up...

Originally Posted by MusicalExcellence

Originally Posted by The Kid Nimley

Outside of "Tears Of Joy" & "All The Money In The World"...

This album is VERY shallow...

i hope thats not a shock to u...

ross rap about money, material posession, women, and food...
roll.gif

I guess when you're life is make believe it's hard to get deep...

But DTR was personal on a certain level... I wanted more of that, I watched American Gangster, I know who Rick Ross is, I wanna know about William Roberts... 

and TML is not?
Atleast the stories he's tellin on there are REAL to a certain extent, and can be verified...

Its no Me Against The World, but its by no means TOTALLY shallow... Drake's life just isn't as eventful as a drug kingpin like Rick Ross'... Thats all

Originally Posted by MusicalExcellence

TML is definitely less shallow than TD...

the resistance alone makes it so...

drake spits a lot of real *+%$ on the album... even *+%$ like unforgettable and light up...

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by OptimusPrimeAPhiA

Originally Posted by cartune

I set up an interview with dude in Montgomery today and Im assuming he's heading to Memphis tomorrow since he's asking for security from the mob I guess he going to bring out Juice again for the BMF

Dude on his grind tho he reaching out to everybody. All this viral content and promotion he and khaled are doing he's switching up the game. Maybe he feels if he does it himself he can pocket the promotion money or something
laugh.gif
Cause dude is very accessible right now almost like he's independent. I hope the hardwork translates into sales
Who is "Juice" and does dude really need mob security like that?

Either way, like I said a few pages back... Ross is showing major artists how to embrace the internet and how marketing should really be done. Online, everyone is independent. Its unreal how he seriously floods blog sites with like 3-4 posts a day sometimes...
eek.gif
. Major artist or not, thats a massive achievement considering their fickle and fleeting nature sometimes. #GroundWork!
Juice is meech's right hand woman. The hbic she just get !@+% done and Ross finally reach out to her a couple of weeks and by mob I mean bmf *!*$!% I wouldnt say he scary he's just smart. And u right about him really showing *!*$!% how to brand and market now let's see if it = sales. I'm copping the deluxe ed.

Back
Top Bottom