The Official Rick Ross Appreciation Thread. TEFLON DON JULY 20th

http://usershare.net/ysdig31ntb0v

rick-ross-super-high-450x602.jpg

ROSS IS ABOUT TO DROP A CRAZY ALBUM!

[h1][/h1]
[h1]Rick Ross Secures F. Gary Gray For Video, Kanye West For Album[/h1][h2]Ross calls new single 'Super High,' featuring Ne-Yo, a 'summer-breezy record.'[/h2]
By Shaheem Reid

Rick Ross is pulling a boss move. The hip-hop hitmaker revealed that F. Gary Gray will make a return to video directing after a four-year hiatus to helm a clip for "Super High," a track released Monday.

"The first single, 'Super High,' featuring Ne-Yo, produced by Clark Kent — it's most definitely a summer-breezy record," Ross told MTV News exclusively about the lead cut from June 29's Teflon Don. "Rest in peace, Michael Jackson. Ne-Yo made the music feel so beautiful.

"I think so highly of the record," Ross continued. "When I started brainstorming about visual ideas, I started flipping through some of my favorite movies, such as 'Friday,' such as 'Set It Off,' such as 'The Italian Job,' 'The Negotiator.' Most recently, 'Law Abiding Citizen.' What all these films had in common was they was all directed by F. Gary Gray. That's when I decided: 'This is my favorite director of all time.' Shout out to F. Gary Gray. I reached out to my homie, he just came aboard to direct 'Super High.' This is gonna be special. It means a lot to me. Coming back for my fourth LP. My first three #1's. My first album #1, second #1, third. We following up with this one. We coming with a lot of big surprises. You gotta stay tuned, though. You gotta stay tuned."

Reps for Gray had not returned MTV News' request for confirmation by press time.

On Monday, Ross announced that he has a contribution from Jay-Z on the album as well as Diddy on the production end.

"I'm in the middle of the album," Ross said of others he has corralled for the LP. "I don't wanna let too many details go before everything is in stone. But you can expect some of the best production in the game. Collaborations with Kanye West, No ID."

F. Gary Gray hasn't directed a video since Jay-Z's "Show Me What You Got" in 2006.

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

I'm ready to go buy Teflon Don right now!!! this lane he's in is amazing
smh.gif
pimp.gif
Word. I really cannot figure out how he is getting these producers to craft these sounds for him but it is much appreciated. And he's steppin up his bars
pimp.gif
He bodied that Oh Let's Do It remix
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by RavageBX

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

I'm ready to go buy Teflon Don right now!!! this lane he's in is amazing
smh.gif
pimp.gif
Word. I really cannot figure out how he is getting these producers to craft these sounds for him but it is much appreciated. And he's steppin up his bars
pimp.gif
He bodied that Oh Let's Do It remix
pimp.gif

That's what i'm trying to figure out. I was going at it with a dude in the barber shop he's trying to tell me that anybody can make good music with the beats Rawse gets but man Justice League doesn't produce this type of music for other artists. And who produced Super High? Clark Kent? I wonder how much say Rawse has in the production process of these songs because they all have that same classic or to steal a quote from Nay he made the other day; they all have that "Mafioso" feel to them.

I have to say I have seen the light.

I didnt pay attention for a while even with the Miles co-sign.

But sheeeeeeeeeeshhhhh...this guys makes music
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Teflon Don will be the NEXT hip hop CLASSIC!

Listening to Port of Miami for the first time since it came out. #%%# is still flames.

Originally Posted by dunnyy

Listening to Port of Miami for the first time since it came out. #%%# is still flames.

Dudes on NT(especially BenFrank) use to try to convince me that album was garbage.
laugh.gif
Lyrically he's not saying anything but that album had about two weak tracks on it. Or two tracks I didn't mess with for that matter. Track with Brisco and Wayne use to get played every day. I need to pop that album in again.

Originally Posted by OptimusPrimeAPhiA

It makes no sense how much his wordplay increased...

I say this every time I hear him. Dude probably caught wind of people talkin bout how the south can't really rap (with the exception of a few)

Originally Posted by Harlem On The Rise

Teflon Don will be the NEXT hip hop CLASSIC!

just might be.

As far as producing for Ross. I think its easy for J.U.S.T.I.C.E League and others to do it for Ross. its basically smooth criminal mafia @!@$, plus he be in sessions sometimes.
Dude is killing it in the lane he is in right now.

Originally Posted by rocyaice

Originally Posted by dunnyy

Dudes on NT(especially BenFrank) use to try to convince me that album was garbage.
laugh.gif
Lyrically he's not saying anything but that album had about two weak tracks on it. Or two tracks I didn't mess with for that matter. Track with Brisco and Wayne use to get played every day. I need to pop that album in again.
I've said many times before but Push It => Blow => Hustlin was one of the best three track opening sequences this past decade.

Back
Top Bottom