The Official Rick Ross Appreciation Thread. TEFLON DON JULY 20th

Damn *++$!% finally acknowledging Ross stepped his lyrics up big time...for a while people were more on the cop thing

Ross has an official tape with DJ Smallz coming soon forgot the name they said it was something crazy

[h1] http://www.2dopeboyz.com/2010/05/06/rick-ross-–-teflon-don-freestyle/[/h1]
[h1]Rick Ross – Teflon Don Freestyle[/h1]
rick-ross-motorsport-jordan.jpg

Applaud Splash for providing the song. Good grief at that picture, though.

DOWNLOAD: Rick Ross – Teflon Don Freestyle

http://usershare.net/2DopeBoyz/8330gj5evb2h
[h1]http://www.2dopeboyz.com/2010/05/05/rick-ross-just-saying-f-young-jeezy-prod-the-olympicks/[/h1]
[h1]Young Jeezy – Just Saying (rmx) f. Rick Ross (prod. The Olympicks) [NoDJ][/h1]
rick-ross-motorsport-jordan.jpg

DJ Smallz just let loose a remix from this dumb %!!%’s (seriously, who would do anything that asinine in that picture?) Albert Anastasia EP, dropping Memorial Day weekend. UPDATE: Tagless version (of Ross’ verse) yet there is still Cannon on Jeezy. We posted the tagless Jeezy earlier though. *shrugs…

http://usershare.net/flow/player.swfhttp://usershare.net/flow/player.swf

DOWNLOAD: Rick Ross – Just Saying f. Young Jeezy | Mediafire

[h1]http://www.2dopeboyz.com/2010/04/30/rick-ross-find-your-love-rmx/[/h1]
[h1]Rick Ross – Find Your Love (rmx)[/h1]
20100430-RICKROSS.jpg

First Cons. Now Ricky takes a shot at Drake’s new single.

/usershare.net/?dlink=ph18894hpv5g">http://usershare.net/?dlink=ph18894hpv5g">http://usershare.net/flow/player.swfhttp://usershare.net/flow/player.swf

DOWNLOAD: Rick Ross – Find Your Love (rmx) | Mediafire

This dude is KILLING it.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by HAM CITY

Originally Posted by rocyaice

Originally Posted by dunnyy

Listening to Port of Miami for the first time since it came out. #%%# is still flames.

Dudes on NT(especially BenFrank) use to try to convince me that album was garbage.
laugh.gif
Lyrically he's not saying anything but that album had about two weak tracks on it. Or two tracks I didn't mess with for that matter. Track with Brisco and Wayne use to get played every day. I need to pop that album in again.
I've said many times before but Push It => Blow => Hustlin was one of the best three track opening sequences this past decade.
Yea that sequence was hot. They probably should've spread the songs out though because that album had a lot to live up to when you bump the 1st 3 tracks or I think first 4 tracks if you count the intro.

I'm sorry, but to be honest, that Officer Ricky thing really damaged how I feel about him. The music was decent at best before that and after it all seems to be the same thing.

Originally Posted by Sid Lugar

I'm sorry, but to be honest, that Officer Ricky thing really damaged how I feel about him. The music was decent at best before that and after it all seems to be the same thing.

Look, he's an actor like most of these rap dudes...
He's playing a part and he's playing it well.

Just listen to the music like you're watching your favorite gangster movie...

DeNiro isn't a real gangster, but that doesn't stop you from enjoying Goodfellas, right?

Originally Posted by pdot

DeNiro isn't a real gangster, but that doesn't stop you from enjoying Goodfellas, right?

Well heres the thing. I'm a musician myself. I'm not a actor. I song write from the view of myself. If required I write from the perspective of another, but that is only when I have to and never would I claim to be what I'm writing when require to write from others. Rick Ross still thinks he is a real gangster. That is what makes it bad. Not all rappers are actors.
frown.gif

it's unreal how much he improved recently. real hyped for teflon don. anyone have a rough estimate when its supposed to drop? june/july?

Well heres the thing. I'm a musician myself. I'm not a actor. I song write from the view of myself. If required I write from the perspective of another, but that is only when I have to and never would I claim to be what I'm writing when require to write from others. Rick Ross still thinks he is a real gangster. That is what makes it bad. Not all rappers are actors.
frown.gif

Nah, what sucks is that youre stuck on validating something else someone else lives. For the last frigging time a CORRECTIONAL OFFICER is not a POLICE OFFICER. I blame general ignorance for people not understanding this. Its seriously one of the biggest fallacies in this entire debate.

frown.gif
I respect your viewpoint. I honestly do.
You're 100% right about RR, he's portraying a role.

And I'm enjoying his work.

Truth be told, with the powers that be running the music biz, real rap as an art is dead on the major level.

Originally Posted by OptimusPrimeAPhiA

frown.gif

Nah, what sucks is that youre stuck on validating something else someone else lives. For the last frigging time a CORRECTIONAL OFFICER is not a POLICE OFFICER. I blame general ignorance for people not understanding this. Its seriously one of the biggest fallacies in this entire debate.

Not that man. Think about it. I never stated I believed all this rap stuff that some of these rappers preach. However, when you have somebody who's entire lyrical content reflects a life he doesn't live and then swears to all he lives that life, it does effect the view point of his music. To ME, his music is not good enough to eclipse the negatives of his life outside of rap in terms of the false character he is portraying and being a dead beat father. That does not mean I feel he isn't talented or doesn't have skills or that anyone who listens to him is less of a person. I just personally no longer have the same feeling for his music as I once did. Keep in mind, my ears to music were a little more naive when I first even listened to him. One thing I will state is whomever his ARs are, they are picking some beautiful beats. That Super High instrumental is so smooth and laced with NE-Yo's vocals makes it even better. HOWEVER, Rick Ross's verses mean nothing to me and are completely ignored.

That Teflon Don freestyle is
eek.gif
glasses.gif

But c'mon NT.. Ya'll REALLY think Ross hasn't been in jail, seen/held a gun, or hasn't sold drugs at one time in his life?

Dude isn't a liar, only thing that's iffy is the correctional officer story.

Every rapper exaggerate's their lyrics. Makes it a better, more intriguing story. duh!
smh.gif

Back
Top Bottom