The Official Round One New Orleans Hornets VS Dallas Mavericks Thread, Game One Saturday 7EST; ESPN

The Hornets are solid but if this team loses it won't be because New Orleans is that good. I finally have to accept the no team with Dirk as his go to guy can win.
laugh.gif

So if the Hornets win the series, it's not because they were the better team?
laugh.gif

That's fine; I don't need a reason.

capt.184844c967f94651bda6b02bbba6bc3b.mavericks_hornets_basketball_laab106.jpg

roll.gif

"Listen here, Dirk."
"Sir, yes, sir!"

laugh.gif

Too funny.

Keep finding excuses and doubting them boys outta the N.O. The atmosphere in the arena was amazing tonight. For the person who said empty seats in the arena.That's because those fools buy those club level seats and spend the entire game in that dumb Club Members Lounge eating and drinking. I hate those seatswith a passion because they buy them and then don't sit in them. The club level starts right next to the section I sit in and I see it all of the time.Weak fans who don't actually come to support the team in the crowd.

series isnt over.. .NO was supposed to win this came... dallas jsut has to play consistent and if they nab game 2 then they have the upper hand

chris paul is showing yall why he's chris paul
eek.gif
besides lebron andkobe i've never witnessed a player "grow up" in the L in front of my eyes before... enjoy it folks

Originally Posted by mario23407

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

From what I understand, David West did hit Dirk (lightly, but still it's a "slap"). But it's whatever, not like they'll do anything in the favor of Dallas..
laugh.gif

yeah he did touch dirk in the face i was expecting an ejection and how in the hell was that a double tech?

dirk hit west's face just before that.

I don't understand why some of ya'll hate on Dirk...I know he is a bit soft, but dude works his butt off the entire game.

He just doesn't like the physical contact.
laugh.gif

series isnt over.. .NO was supposed to win this came... dallas jsut has to play consistent and if they nab game 2 then they have the upper hand
Yep. Dallas looked bad in the second half, but if they come back Tuesday and win, they did their job in New Orleans. Gotta win one game on theroad to win the series, so they've gotta put this one behind them and move forward.

It ain't over but it's hard to keep faith in these dudes after the last couple of seasons.

I swear we have a glass jaw.

I am sorry but I just don't understand why people are labeling the Hornets the underdog since they are "fresh" to the playoffs. I mean theydidn't get their 50+ win record with just luck. IMO Dallas softness will cause them to lose this series.

Originally Posted by yungchris504

I am sorry but I just don't understand why people are labeling the Hornets the underdog since they are "fresh" to the playoffs. I mean they didn't get their 50+ win record with just luck. IMO Dallas softness will cause them to lose this series.

There's that softness factor again,
laugh.gif

If we play Brandon Bass on a consistent basis, we have a greater chance at winning, he was killing it in the first half, but we went away from him in thesecond half, we lost.

I must admit I am kinda upset that Brandon Bass opted not to re-sign with the Hornets and went with the Mavs instead. We could've def used dude this seasonand even in this series. He was a little slow to develop but now is coming into his own in this league. He's kinda one of those "X-Factor"players you hear so much about.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Originally Posted by yungchris504

I am sorry but I just don't understand why people are labeling the Hornets the underdog since they are "fresh" to the playoffs. I mean they didn't get their 50+ win record with just luck. IMO Dallas softness will cause them to lose this series.

There's that softness factor again,
laugh.gif

If we play Brandon Bass on a consistent basis, we have a greater chance at winning, he was killing it in the first half, but we went away from him in the second half, we lost.
I honestly don't think that Brandon Bass will single handedly beat the Hornets. Bass is a baller but
eek.gif
if he can guard every single player on that Hornets team.

Originally Posted by dapimpjuice4ya

I must admit I am kinda upset that Brandon Bass opted not to re-sign with the Hornets and went with the Mavs instead. We could've def used dude this season and even in this series. He was a little slow to develop but now is coming into his own in this league. He's kinda one of those "X-Factor" players you hear so much about.

Trust me guys, I discount nothing from yall. You CAN Beat us, we CAN beat you. But from the standpoint of a fan, we can't believe that you're goingto beat us, gotta keep up that faith, that's the only thing that we (or at least me personally) feel about this Playoff series.

And about Bass? I hate that Avery chooses to play guys like EJ and Malik Allen and Juwan Howard instead of playing guys like Bass and Wright. As far as Iknow, there's not a single Dallas fan I know that doesn't like either of the two, and not many like any of those three I mentioned earlier. EJ had somegood games late in the season, but we need him to do that in the post-season. No one played with hustle in the second half last night. But as someone saidearlier, you're supposed to win your games at home, that's why you don't play the entire season in one city.

Byron Scott coached a hell of a game yesterday. Say what you want about CP but Scott did two key things yesterday that was very subtle yet made the differencein the game that Hollinger pointed out.

-Scott didn't send that many doubles at Dirk thus forcing everybody other than Dirk to beat them.
-Having Pargo in the game every time Terry was in the game.

Originally Posted by dapimpjuice4ya

I must admit I am kinda upset that Brandon Bass opted not to re-sign with the Hornets and went with the Mavs instead. We could've def used dude this season and even in this series. He was a little slow to develop but now is coming into his own in this league. He's kinda one of those "X-Factor" players you hear so much about.

You know Byron Scott does not like to play any rookies. He wasn't getting any PT i don't blame him but I honestly didn't expect kid to play onthe level he is playing at. I went to every LSU game when him and Big Baby were playing but I never thought he could be a factor on any team.

Back
Top Bottom