The Official Round One New Orleans Hornets VS Dallas Mavericks Thread, Game One Saturday 7EST; ESPN

3 of the games are at Dallas and Hornets are 0-11 there. So hopefully the Hornets can win all those home games and take the Series.

Mavericks in 5 or 6

Remember how Peja stinks up the court in the playoffs?

Paul also can be rattled on the shooting side...

If you can get Paul to shoot badly, then the hornets are basically @*!*%!.

Bonzi, Pargo and Wright will be the X factors for the Bugs.

Andersen better get PT to rattle Dirk....i can see Tyson getting a lotta fouls called on him this series....

Originally Posted by blackmagnus514

Andersen better get PT to rattle Dirk better ....i can see Tyson getting a lotta fouls called on him this series....
Def.
Andersen>Armstrong

Honestly, Chris, West, and Peja should be able to go for at least 70 per game.

If I had it my way, Bonzi would be starting over Mo Pete to guard Howard, assuming Stack starts and not Terry.

The only key I can really point to is Chris scoring. I'm not worried about Peja. Hilton better not see the floor. If Pargo comes in and starts off like0-3, get him out of the damn game. If I see some kind of 2-8 garbage out of him...

Dirk will do what he does. Hopefully, we can slow Howard down. Kidd shouldn't sniff anything close to the game he had last night. Damp is a worse versionof Chandler. Both benches are below average. I'm most worried about Terry.

I really don't know, but it should be good. No predictions from me.

Let's get it.
pimp.gif

Oh, and the schedule for this series is not favorable.
grin.gif

I really liked the adjustment the Mavs made last night, sending double teams at Paul right as he got to half court... Take the ball out of his hands. I likeseeing Devean George on Paul at different points of the game, too... I'd love to see Antoine Wright get a look, but he's not going to.

Watching David West last night, the only post move he's got is putting his head down and bullying his way to the rim.
laugh.gif
He's got touch out on theperimeter, but if he's got you on the blocks, you have to know all he's gonna do is put his head in your chest and try to get to the rim...

I dog Avery for changing his style of play and letting opponents dictate his game plan, but Dampier is useless in this series if he's not going to playwith any sort of urgency. He was pathetic last night. He didn't want to be physical, he wouldn't grab offensive boards and try to ram them downChandler's throat, which he had several chances to do... He can't guard David West, and you're not putting Dirk on him. Brandon Bass needs to seemajor minutes in this series.

as much as i would LOVE to see CP3 move on , i believe this is his learning year in the playoffs. mavs take this in 5

Huh?

It ain't like years past but Bass+Terry>pretty much any two players coming off any bench in the NBA
I guess I should clarify that I don't really consider Terry a bench player.
laugh.gif

This Bass ordeal isn't fair. I know he's vastly improved, but I swear he's had his best games against the Hornets; he's feeding off of that.
laugh.gif

Watching David West last night, the only post move he's got is putting his head down and bullying his way to the rim.
laugh.gif
He's got touch out on the perimeter, but if he's got you on the blocks, you have to know all he's gonna do is put his head in your chest and try to get to the rim...
laugh.gif

You aren't wrong about any of that.

I wish I would have been able to watch the game last night; I was too busy wasting time and money watching fat boy "pitch".
grin.gif

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

Huh?

It ain't like years past but Bass+Terry>pretty much any two players coming off any bench in the NBA
laugh.gif

This Bass ordeal isn't fair. I know he's vastly improved, but I swear he's had his best games against the Hornets; he's feeding off of that.
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
He's got touch out on the perimeter, but if he's got you on the blocks, you have to know all he's gonna do is put his head in your chest and try to get to the rim...
laugh.gif

I wish I would have been able to watch the game last night; I was too busy wasting time and money watching fat boy "pitch".
grin.gif

Dude hadn't played defense all season until last night
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by SneakerPro

Huh?

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

grin.gif

laugh.gif

Bass has been playing decent D all season

Originally Posted by Trelvis Tha Thrilla

Originally Posted by SneakerPro

Huh?

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

grin.gif

laugh.gif

Bass has been playing decent D all season

I don't know, he just always seemed out of place on defense like he doesn't know where to go or what to do. Its kinda Avery's fault becausehe's basically out of position as the back up center now but still dude gets lost a lot on defense.
However he did guard Amare nicely plus I think hegoing to do a semi-decent job of making David West his $*%*% in the series.

Bass is obviously going to be extra motivated against the Hornets, as any player in his situation would be. He matches up with guys like David West and Amareabout as well as you can hope for. He'd be absolutely huge for the Mavs if he focused and played night in and out with as much energy and passion as he didlast night.
laugh.gif
Sitting at the game last night I was like, how the hell does this dude not foul out every single night? He's literally got his shoulderor head in someone's chest every single time he gets in the lane.

Originally Posted by BTLlovesJays

Originally Posted by blackmagnus514

Andersen better get PT to rattle Dirk better ....i can see Tyson getting a lotta fouls called on him this series....
Def.
Andersen>Armstrong

The only way birdman can rattle dirk is if he dangles a bag of coke in front of his face....

I swear watcing a couple Hornets games this season on league pass and whenever they were nationaly televised the Hornets to me look very much like the Bulls.

Just another jump shooting team with no real post up threat.

Seriously think about it, Tyson Chandler is mostly a garbage man who gets his points off of offensive rebounds, put back dunks, or alley oops.

David West's offensive is 90% spot up jumpers from 15 to 20 feet.

I hope the Hornets win, but I got a feeling they not ready and Dallas will take this.

I hope the bees can take this in 7. The Mavs are looking like their finding their groove at the right time. Hopefully, CP and DWest will play out of theirminds, Peja and Pargo will shoot lights out, Tyson will catch ooops all day, and mo pete......wont get in anyone's way. I'll be pulling for the Bees,but I wouldn't bet on them. Too much experience on the Dallas squad.

As far as Terry not being a bench player, I don't know, I see him coming off the bench, but I do understand what you're saying KLJ. It's going tobe a tough series regardless, but if JET and Bass both play nearly as good as they did yesterday (and JET has ALWAYS!! stepped up in the Playoffs), I thinkwe'll be good.

Back
Top Bottom