THE OFFICIAL SAN JOSE SHARKS SEASON THREAD!! PLAYOFFS VS CHICAGO WCF series 0-1

Maggette and Jackson weren't tolerable together.

I don't like Maggette because of how we acquired him.

He still disrupts the flow of the game a lot for us, but he is useful now that Jackson is gone.

Originally Posted by FRANCHISE 55

There are some floor seats available on Stub Hub to the OKC game in February. I think they were like $1800 each.
laugh.gif

Save up?
nerd.gif
You can save up and see where that takes you or you can sell your Lincecum autographed jersey to me (not for $1,800 though...cheaper!).
happy.gif
happy.gif

Nelson is out for tonight's game.
pimp.gif

Paul, if I get another jersey signed this year I'll think about selling it to you.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by FRANCHISE 55

Nelson is out for tonight's game.
pimp.gif

Paul, if I get another jersey signed this year I'll think about selling it to you.
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
x 1,000,000,000 to both points made in this post.

[h1]Monta Ellis key to Golden State Warriors' defensive upgrade[/h1]
By Marcus Thompson II

[email protected]

Posted:�11/22/2009 09:43:12 PM PST

Updated:�11/23/2009 09:17:41 AM PST

If numbers indeed don't lie, then it's hard to say the Warriors have gotten better on defense. Entering Sunday, they were giving up a league-most 113.7 points per game on 49.5 percent shooting (28th out of 30 teams).

Yet, the Warriors are staking claim to defensive improvement despite a rash of injuries.

Where is the improvement?

In effort. In activity. In understanding.

"We're trying to focus on the concepts," assistant coach Keith Smart said after running Sunday's practice for ill head coach Don Nelson. "I just look at are the guys picking up the concepts of where they're supposed to be in a particular coverage?

"Now, granted, when we get our team together, we can finally see what we can become. But we've shown in portions of a game with limited numbers that we can play defense at a high level when everyone's engaged. ... Concept-wise, we're moving in the right direction."

No player embodies the Warriors' improvement like guard Monta Ellis, who has taken his defensive game to another level. All season, Ellis' effort on that end of the court has improved noticeably, punctuated by Friday's performance against the Portland Trail Blazers.

Ellis led the way to holding Portland's All-Star Brandon Roy - a 6-foot-6, 211-pound big guard who's a career 46 percent shooter - to 20 points on 6-for-17 shooting. Despite giving up 3 inches and 30 pounds, Ellis told the coaches he didn't want help defending Roy and

Advertisement

b

proceeded to use his quickness and instinct to harass Portland's leading scorer.
"He's giving a greater effort," said Smart, who is in charge of the defense. "He's taking it personal. When he makes a mistake, he acknowledges that it was his fault. He's not blaming or pointing fingers.

"And he's gotten a little stronger plus, the biggest part of it, he's gotten a little older in the NBA. He's starting to figure things out in the NBA. ... We do strength and weakness of each player when we're going to play a game. He's paying attention to that now. So he's growing as a pro. He's not only watching himself on tape or when he's watching a game on TV, he's paying attention to what that player does and what his strengths and weaknesses are."

The Warriors are missing their leading rebounder in center Andris Biedrins and their best shot-blocker in center Ronny Turiaf. But Smart said the Warriors are much better at defending the pick-and-roll from the wing. And they've improved at stopping dribble penetration.

A big reason is Ellis is starting to take on the challenge of guarding his man straight up, which gives the team one less player to help on. With Ellis setting the tone, the Warriors have accomplished a few defensive goals - understanding the concepts of team defense and being disruptive for opposing offenses (getting deflections, bumping cutters, closing out on shooters).

Through Saturday, the Warriors led the league in steals per game (9.77) and forced turnovers per game (19).
  • Guard C.J. Watson, recovering from swine flu, has not rejoined the team and is not expected to make the trip to Texas for games against Dallas on Tuesday and San Antonio on Wednesday. ... Biedrins, suffering from injuries to his back and groin, is not expected to make the trip, either.
  • The Warriors announced its Buy Two Get One Tree special. Fans who buy two or more lower level tickets to either the Nov. 30 game against Indiana or the Dec. 3 game against Houston will get a voucher for a Christmas tree.

The Warriors announced its Buy Two Get One Tree special. Fans who buy two or more lower level tickets to either the Nov. 30 game against Indiana or the Dec. 3 game against Houston will get a voucher for a Christmas tree.
What will Rowell come up with next?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Paul Is On Tilt

The Warriors announced its Buy Two Get One Tree special. Fans who buy two or more lower level tickets to either the Nov. 30 game against Indiana or the Dec. 3 game against Houston will get a voucher for a Christmas tree.
What will Rowell come up with next?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Buy 2 and spin a dradle to see what opponent you get for free

Two things:

1) Who's headed out for the Laker game this Saturday? Hoping we continue this trend of staying in the game with these good teams...not trying to getdrowned out by Lakers fans toward the end
grin.gif

2) Heard there was a brutal fight in sec 109 on Friday (sister had a pretty good view of the aftermath). Two young dudes beat the %@!% out of someoneelse...anyone hear anything about it past that? Hard to imagine what the hell it'd be about during that game.

Depends on what angle you want to take. Meaning from a business, sports, personal, individual, government, etc perspective?

Btw - happy birthday, went back a few pages and noticed.

^Yeah I haven't decided what perspective I want to take on it. I don't even know if I should write on sports gambling, but I want to write aboutsomething I'm interested in.

And thanks!
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by ikari XD

2) Heard there was a brutal fight in sec 109 on Friday (sister had a pretty good view of the aftermath). Two young dudes beat the %@!% out of someone else...anyone hear anything about it past that? Hard to imagine what the hell it'd be about during that game.
The Portland game? Nah, didn't hear anything about it either.

Originally Posted by Paul Is On Tilt

Originally Posted by ikari XD

2) Heard there was a brutal fight in sec 109 on Friday (sister had a pretty good view of the aftermath). Two young dudes beat the %@!% out of someone else...anyone hear anything about it past that? Hard to imagine what the hell it'd be about during that game.
The Portland game? Nah, didn't hear anything about it either.
I didn't mean to hurt Bobby, but he was there and I couldn't help myself.

isnt pneumonia hella dangerous for a guy nellie's age? hopefully this forces him into retirement or something.

If the Warriors win any games during Nelson's leave of absence because of illness, do those games get added to his win total? It would be a shame to haveto win MORE games than we already have to before he hits the road.

Originally Posted by What up

Nellie doesn't cough and deep breathe nor use his incentive spirometer.

Tell 'em, Paul.
I instructed the patient and it's currently at the patient's bedside. Now it's the nurse's job to make sure the patient does it 10times Q1 w/a.

You better get on that, What up.

Originally Posted by GSDOUBLEU

Thanks Paul
pimp.gif
No problem.

If any Warriors thread regular wants Santa Hats in their avys, but don't want to deal with that huge thread in General, let me know. I can do either picsand .gifs, but just know in advance that .gifs are going to take a little bit longer to finish.

If I ignore your request, that's because either A) I don't know you, B) you're not a Warriors thread regular, or C) I don't like you.

Back
Top Bottom