THE OFFICIAL SAN JOSE SHARKS SEASON THREAD!! PLAYOFFS VS CHICAGO WCF series 0-1

How much do the Warriors miss Marco Belinelli right now?
The Marco trade is one of the more baffling trades that I can remember. Every other deal we have made that has turned out bad, I can at leastKINDA see where management was coming from. Even if it was stupid, short sighted logic, at least there was a reason the deal was made. The Marco trade made nosense what so ever. Lets see all possible reasons a trade could be made and see what management could have possibly been thinking:

1) It makes your team better right now.
2) It makes your team better for the future.
3) It saves your team money for the future.
4) It leads making other moves.
5) The player traded was hurting the team more than helping.
6) Your team is in dire need of a shakeup.

Those are the only 6 reasons I could think of as to why a front office would make a trade. This Marco trade does not qualify in any of those 6 reasons to makea trade (although one could argue number 6, this trade didnt really shake anything other than fans heads). I am still REALLY pissed about that trade (sorryacid).

I actually heard Fitzgerald and Tim Roye say at the time "as much as everyone loved Marco here in Golden State, there was a huge problem for him. He playsSG or SF and the Warriors have a logjam there. He is behind Monta, Curry, Jackson, Azubuike, Morrow and CJ Watson. Where is he going to play?"

So, wait.....so teams makes an unbalanced trade and gives away a young talent because there are other options on the team in front of him? What other team justgives away talent because there is talent in front of him? THey act like its a bad thing to have TOO MUCH talent. And wasnt there already a huge logjam atswingman on the Warriors when he was drafted?

God being a Warriors fan is frustrating. (sorry for the rant....bored waiting for Bauer to start
pimp.gif
)

I know we could use Marco badly, but we have Devean George now! [Bob Fitz] Devean provides on and off-court leadership and championship experience of a savvyveteran. [/Bob Fitz]

^Its not even the point that we could use Marco badly. Its the fact that we traded away a number 1 pick, who never really got a chance to play big minutes,hasnt reached his potential, for someone on his way out of the league, and a one year savings of less than 2 million dollars. Especially considering the talentlevel of the trade was completely unbalanced.

When the trade happened, it was like, "WE TRADED MARCO FOR FREAKING DEVEAN GEORGE?!?!?!? DEVEAN GEORGE?!?!?!?!?"

but now I understand.
pimp.gif
Rowell=genius

Originally Posted by FRANCHISE 55

And they couldn't even get a second rounder with that bum #%# Devean George.
smh.gif

Highway robbery.
Don Nelson stated that an NBDL player is better than a 2nd round pick.

Originally Posted by daprescription

smh.gif

Highway robbery.

Nellie is a genius.
pimp.gif
NBDL talent>2nd round talent. The 2nd roundersaren't good enough to play in the NBDL because they got demoted to an NBA roster!
eek.gif

smh.gif

Highway robbery.
Why not have that option though? There is talent every now and then in the 2nd round. If they don't like the player, just cut him. Theyaren't obligated to pay a second rounder anything. Sam Young, Dejuan Blair, Jon Brockman, Jodie Meeks, Chase Budinger...that's all decent talent out ofthe second round just in this draft.

Options > No options.

I'm almost positive Nelson would cut all those players or not draft them
laugh.gif
sick.gif
. I don't agree with what I wrote, I'm just saying what he said.

I don't agree with what Nelson said, either. He just doesn't want to teach rookies so he passes that responsibility off to the D-League.

Having to pay Devean George? 1.6 Milion dollars
Having to pay Vladimir Radmanovic? 6.5 Million dollars.

Beating Paul 6-2?

Priceless.
pimp.gif

dland or Paul, or anybody of that matter: thoughts on Lakers -6?

I've already taken Chicago -2, Memphis -2, and Celtics -4. I usually don't take this many favorites, but all three of my plays seemed solid. Justthought I'd get your guys' opinions on the last game of the night.

Monta with one of the least effecient games of the year. 14-39 from the field without ot.

Corey Maggette has been great the past few games.

Originally Posted by Swish 22

Monta with one of the least effecient games of the year. 14-39 from the field without ot.

Corey Maggette has been great the past few games.
Maggette's been good for most of the season, actually.

Warriors should have pulled the trigger on the Biedrins for Dalembert deal
mad.gif
. I can't take 3 more seasons of watching this bum.

Warriors should have pulled the trigger on the Biedrins for Dalembert deal
mad.gif
. I can't take 3 more seasons of watching this bum.

Beans played great today

Back
Top Bottom