THE OFFICIAL T-MAC LINE APPRECIATION POST

I know most of you will remember the hype he had back in the day. Whether it was his game or his shoes, he was the man. I know age and injuries have taken their toll on him and he isn't a fraction of what he used to be, but wouldn't it be sweet if he brought back some of the old favourites to ball in? Who here loved his signature line of kicks? What does everyone have to say about this subject? \

(Edit)
After naming this topic " WHO THINKS T-MAC SHOULD WEAR HIS OLD SIGNATURE SHOES" I have decided to remake it into an appreciation post by the request of other members. I have a feeling that this will soon blow up! Maybe T-Mac may stumble upon this and bust out a pair for the fans.

I know most of you will remember the hype he had back in the day. Whether it was his game or his shoes, he was the man. I know age and injuries have taken their toll on him and he isn't a fraction of what he used to be, but wouldn't it be sweet if he brought back some of the old favourites to ball in? Who here loved his signature line of kicks? What does everyone have to say about this subject? \

(Edit)
After naming this topic " WHO THINKS T-MAC SHOULD WEAR HIS OLD SIGNATURE SHOES" I have decided to remake it into an appreciation post by the request of other members. I have a feeling that this will soon blow up! Maybe T-Mac may stumble upon this and bust out a pair for the fans.

i honestly dont think it'll matter. nobody is really checking for him anymore. how many minutes does he even play?

sucks because when he was on, he was on

i honestly dont think it'll matter. nobody is really checking for him anymore. how many minutes does he even play?

sucks because when he was on, he was on

T-Mac still has a pretty loyal following of fans that have stuck with him. Just because you don't hear him dropping 40 every night anymore after all of the injuries does not mean he is irrelevant. He's given the Pistons some good playmaking at PG and 15,7,6 isn't too bad for him.

With that said, I am a huge fan of his Adidas line. I have all of them with my favorite being the 2's...sick shoe. I'd love to see him break some old pairs out to wear.

Plus I saw the rumors that the 2's are gonna retro with updated tech...anymore news on that?

T-Mac still has a pretty loyal following of fans that have stuck with him. Just because you don't hear him dropping 40 every night anymore after all of the injuries does not mean he is irrelevant. He's given the Pistons some good playmaking at PG and 15,7,6 isn't too bad for him.

With that said, I am a huge fan of his Adidas line. I have all of them with my favorite being the 2's...sick shoe. I'd love to see him break some old pairs out to wear.

Plus I saw the rumors that the 2's are gonna retro with updated tech...anymore news on that?

Tracy was my favourite player. I had the away T-Mac 1's when they first came out in grade 9-10. I was the only person in my high school with them. To me, those are the greatest out of his line. I still have my pair sort of beat up with badly heel dragged soles in a different shoe box. But they're like a size 9 and I'm a 13 now. When I saw them on the wall at Foot Locker, I didn't even try anything else. I could only get one pair of sneakers (two if they're cheap) as a kid, until I got a job and paid for them myself. I used to be really picky in those situations. Other kids used to compliment my T-Mac's all the time.

I remember when the 2's came out, a lot of people had the white/silver pair. I started seeing the shoe around the halls a lot. The 1's kind of layed the foundation, and a lot of people who never had them bought the 2's and I think the 2's did even better than the 1's did. The line was pretty established by then. My next favourite ones were the 3's though. Especially the two all-star game colourways. The ones when Tracy wore one blue shoe and one red shoe. I actually have a deadstock pair of each colour in my size.

In my opinion the line took a step backwards with the 4. Wasn't a fan of the latch on the heel. The 5's were incredible though. Wasn't a fan of anything after. Especially when Adidas got into the "Team Signature's." Their shoes started to look less creative and they just put the 3 stripes in the middle of the shoe running down the side, which (IMO) makes the majority of their shoes look the same. Nothing really stands out. Not even going to mention the .5 hybrids.

Since you can't do one of these threads without pictures...

1's:
1b5a.jpg

TMac.jpg

2's:
2a.jpg

tmac2.jpg

3's:
tmac3asg01.jpg

asgtmac3.jpg

p7801488n1.jpg

5's:
5a.jpg

838600a2ee4b34857429bd330a5dbc44.jpg

And I think these are what jkballer5 was talking about:

http://counterkicks.com/2...mcgradys-signature-shoe/

Not a fan of them though. Adidas is taking a page out of Nike's book by changing old shoes that don't need to be. Next thing you know, there will be Superstar/T-Mac fusions.

Tracy was my favourite player. I had the away T-Mac 1's when they first came out in grade 9-10. I was the only person in my high school with them. To me, those are the greatest out of his line. I still have my pair sort of beat up with badly heel dragged soles in a different shoe box. But they're like a size 9 and I'm a 13 now. When I saw them on the wall at Foot Locker, I didn't even try anything else. I could only get one pair of sneakers (two if they're cheap) as a kid, until I got a job and paid for them myself. I used to be really picky in those situations. Other kids used to compliment my T-Mac's all the time.

I remember when the 2's came out, a lot of people had the white/silver pair. I started seeing the shoe around the halls a lot. The 1's kind of layed the foundation, and a lot of people who never had them bought the 2's and I think the 2's did even better than the 1's did. The line was pretty established by then. My next favourite ones were the 3's though. Especially the two all-star game colourways. The ones when Tracy wore one blue shoe and one red shoe. I actually have a deadstock pair of each colour in my size.

In my opinion the line took a step backwards with the 4. Wasn't a fan of the latch on the heel. The 5's were incredible though. Wasn't a fan of anything after. Especially when Adidas got into the "Team Signature's." Their shoes started to look less creative and they just put the 3 stripes in the middle of the shoe running down the side, which (IMO) makes the majority of their shoes look the same. Nothing really stands out. Not even going to mention the .5 hybrids.

Since you can't do one of these threads without pictures...

1's:
1b5a.jpg

TMac.jpg

2's:
2a.jpg

tmac2.jpg

3's:
tmac3asg01.jpg

asgtmac3.jpg

p7801488n1.jpg

5's:
5a.jpg

And I think these are what jkballer5 was talking about:

http://counterkicks.com/2...mcgradys-signature-shoe/

Not a fan of them though. Adidas is taking a page out of Nike's book by changing old shoes that don't need to be. Next thing you know, there will be Superstar/T-Mac fusions.

^ Yea those are what I was thinking of. Def don't like them as much as the OG 2's but I will prolly still end up getting some pairs.

Anyways, to be honest, the T-Mac 2's were what really started my love for kicks. Living in Florida, T-Mac was the man when I started playing ball seriously in 7-8th grade and these shoes were fire on court, especially the all stars. I beat my first pair of them playing ball but thankfully I have 2 more pairs still along with the white/blue. I'm always looking for more pairs of the all stars and the black/blue continues to allude me. 

OP, you should change the title to "The Official T-Mac Line Appreciation" or something...it's actually a thread I've been meaning to start for awhile
pimp.gif

^ Yea those are what I was thinking of. Def don't like them as much as the OG 2's but I will prolly still end up getting some pairs.

Anyways, to be honest, the T-Mac 2's were what really started my love for kicks. Living in Florida, T-Mac was the man when I started playing ball seriously in 7-8th grade and these shoes were fire on court, especially the all stars. I beat my first pair of them playing ball but thankfully I have 2 more pairs still along with the white/blue. I'm always looking for more pairs of the all stars and the black/blue continues to allude me. 

OP, you should change the title to "The Official T-Mac Line Appreciation" or something...it's actually a thread I've been meaning to start for awhile
pimp.gif

Tmac used to be crazy good . The guy can shoot midrange, drive and finish around the rim. He's better than Lebron at his position. Too bad i think Adidas shoes has something to do with Tmac bad knees.

Tmac used to be crazy good . The guy can shoot midrange, drive and finish around the rim. He's better than Lebron at his position. Too bad i think Adidas shoes has something to do with Tmac bad knees.

Man Adidas needs to retro these and the white/black pair.
laugh.gif

Am I the only one that hates how Adidas eliminated everyones sig and went to team concept. Not now but at first. T macs line was heating up.

Man Adidas needs to retro these and the white/black pair.
laugh.gif

Am I the only one that hates how Adidas eliminated everyones sig and went to team concept. Not now but at first. T macs line was heating up.

I remember having the White/Blue T-Mac 2's freshman year, I thought I was
pimp.gif

Got the Black/Blue 3's the following year... 3.5's were also very comfy and a good looking sneaker as well as the 4's.

I wouldn't be mad if Adidas retroed some, but make them with good quality.

Did that little mechanism on the 4's actually work?

Back
Top Bottom