The Official Taxes Thread Vol. 2010

I know I'm not the only person waiting for my W2's. Will be doing my own taxes using TurboTax 2009.

Any tips, tricks, you guys can share for getting the maximum return? Word 2 HR Block.

Read a billion articles. If you aren't itemizing your deductions it is pretty cut and dry.

Just waitin for my W2's. My Aunt do my taxes for basically the whole fam (pretty sure she use turbotax). Should be gettin the check round mid Feb as usual.Love this time of year. Get to reup from the holidays.

Originally Posted by Food4Thgt

If my job doesnt take taxes out...what am I supposed to do ? nothing?

Either get ready to pay out the $%@ when you file. Or dont file and risk something else with your $%@ when you in prison for tax evasion. Either way, not agood look if your job doesnt take out taxes. Id get that looked into so that doesnt happen again next year.

Food if your job doesn't take money out... then when u file, you gonna have to pay a gang...

and if u don't ever file, they'll find you, freeze ur accounts. jail you for tax evasion...

my, this year i was on disability for 2 months out of the year, so I'm hoping they don't rob me of anything this year.

Cant wait. Putting it towards a newer whip
pimp.gif

im prob gonna be getting like 3 grand
pimp.gif
which is good for me...im only 20

i been having my homeboys dad do my taxes the past few years...but im thinking about going to an official place...like h&r block..but i hear they'resuper expensive..i wanna get it back super quick though

whats the best place to go to get my taxes done?
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by H TOWN HUSTLER

I know I'm not the only person waiting for my W2's. Will be doing my own taxes using TurboTax 2009.

Any tips, tricks, you guys can share for getting the maximum return? Word 2 HR Block.

Pretty much the same situation I'm in.

Originally Posted by MECKS

Food if your job doesn't take money out... then when u file, you gonna have to pay a gang...

and if u don't ever file, they'll find you, freeze ur accounts. jail you for tax evasion...

my, this year i was on disability for 2 months out of the year, so I'm hoping they don't rob me of anything this year.

It also depends on how much he makes. If he doesn't stack much and is a student who is claimed by his parents then he could be exempt. Since he askedthat question I would assume he just started working and might fall under that or maybe works off the books.

wont be a good year tax wise for me- (well depends on how you look at) i'll be owing or coming pretty close to breaking even-

been having my homeboys dad do my taxes the past few years...but im thinking about going to an official place...like h&r block..but i hear they're super expensive..i wanna get it back super quick though

nerd.gif

if its a straight forward return then theres no real point of going to them and paying more...he should be e-filing and getting direct deposit andyoull have your $ fast...H+R is famous for all those loans and stuff which you really dont wanna get into - straight license for them to rob people
I know I'm not the only person waiting for my W2's
just use your last pay check of the year...it will have year to date #s which will the same as the w2

Anybody who makes less than 50K ( I believe thats the cutoff) can do it for free online.

Originally Posted by Kingtre

wont be a good year tax wise for me- (well depends on how you look at) i'll be owing or coming pretty close to breaking even-

been having my homeboys dad do my taxes the past few years...but im thinking about going to an official place...like h&r block..but i hear they're super expensive..i wanna get it back super quick though

nerd.gif
if its a straight forward return then theres no real point of going to them and paying more...he should be e-filing and getting direct deposit and youll have your $ fast...H+R is famous for all those loans and stuff which you really dont wanna get into - straight license for them to rob people
just use your last pay check of the year...it will have year to date #s which will the same as the w2

i usually go to the volunteer run organizations, i cant remember them now, but they help senior citizens and low income (me being 18, dont makecrap lol) people. but they really just help anyone.
they go through the whole process and do it right on the computer. its nice.

where can it be done online for free? and do they suggest certain programs that you qualify for? I.E. college debt, etc.

Originally Posted by Kingtre

nerd.gif
if its a straight forward return then theres no real point of going to them and paying more...he should be e-filing and getting direct deposit and youll have your $ fast...H+R is famous for all those loans and stuff which you really dont wanna get into - straight license for them to rob people

The same applies to me as well. Hopefully the fact that I went to school last year will help me out. Would've been nice to get a refund andcop a Macbook Pro. I'm not in a rush to file though.

Been at school since August so I didn't work for like 4 months. Hoping to get back close to $700. Have to file an amended one for last year too since Isomehow forgot to file my stock returns, or lack there of. Lost $1,500 last year without even noticing so hopefully I get some more back as I'll use thatas a write-off.

Originally Posted by jhova718

where can it be done online for free? and do they suggest certain programs that you qualify for? I.E. college debt, etc.

irs.gov offers different alternatives with links for online places that will do your taxes free or charge or for the lowest possible price.

i do union work and work with different companies all year around about 10-14 last year (its slow) whats the best route to go? i have one son. would it be hardto go the turbo tax way?

Back
Top Bottom