The Official Taxes Thread Vol. 2010

Also check your bank/credit union websites they usually have links for online taxes.
That's how I did mine last year and will be doing them again.

federal return (for most people) online is free, state return will cost (i think mine was 10 for DC)

listen last time i filed in 08 they added dependents on my w2, got caught didnt file in 09 but i want to this year, what are my options?

You can basically use your last paycheck of the year and not wait for your W2..it'll be close if not spot on.

I understand some people who want a fat return because they can't save money worth a damn, however, to me, it makes no sense.
Take it for what it's worth, but I'd rather have the money in EACH paycheck then a lump sum at one point in the year. You may consider adjusting yourwithholdings to a higher number to help this.

Should be receiving a very nice return this year.
Filing as Head of Household [with 2 kids] and my tax credit for being a First Time Homebuyer.
pimp.gif

Put down that you donated around $300-$400 (no more than $500) so you can get a better return. I'm doing it this year & gonna see how much I get back.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by s1eepyboy

Put down that you donated around $300-$400 (no more than $500) so you can get a better return. I'm doing it this year & gonna see how much I get back.
pimp.gif

nerd.gif

Im tight... Pops has to claim me and im the one that paid for my school tuition which was like $4000... I wish there was a way to get around this...

Hopefully since i have a full-time job now i will get at least a couple of grand so i can pay all my credit card bills off..and only save some money in case ofan emergency..

When do W2's arrive? Do you have to directly request it from your company?

PO

Just waiting for my 2 W2. I too am getting the $8k first time homebuyer credit plus my usuall $2.5k.

Gunna pay off the CCs, cop a new washer and dryer, and maybe cop a pair of kicks I've been REALLY wanting.

Im 17 y/o and I plan to file my taxes this year. Will I have to owe any taxes if I didnt make over $9000 a year? How much do you think I will get if I madearound $8500 last year?

Gotta wait for my 2 W2's. Hopefully I won't end up owing money like I did two years ago due to investments.

I'm new to this stuff NT, should I do my taxes? I worked at FedEx for about a month and a half and I got paid every week.

I made about $80-$150 every week and they usually take out about $10-$20 dollars.

What should I do?

Originally Posted by PLAYOFF12

I'm new to this stuff NT, should I do my taxes? I worked at FedEx for about a month and a half and I got paid every week.

I made about $80-$150 every week and they usually take out about $10-$20 dollars.

What should I do?
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

cant wait...this is my first year writing off home deductions and interest....should see a nice lump of cash to throw at a new car (i need one bad)...I cantwait to see how much I get back...

i had 5 jobs this year, so i got to wait on 5 w2's. i owed like 800 last year. i end up paying it down to 300. im just going to let them take that out ofwhat they were going to give me. pops finally letting me claim myself, so i should be getting some cash back.

Back
Top Bottom