The Official Taxes Thread Vol. 2010

3 new cars=tax breaks for me
pimp.gif

im hopin for 3k but ill settle for 2k

Originally Posted by J Dilla Himself

Originally Posted by PLAYOFF12

I'm new to this stuff NT, should I do my taxes? I worked at FedEx for about a month and a half and I got paid every week.

I made about $80-$150 every week and they usually take out about $10-$20 dollars.

What should I do?
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

It was just a question homie.

I'm new to this stuff NT, should I do my taxes? I worked at FedEx for about a month and a half and I got paid every week.

I made about $80-$150 every week and they usually take out about $10-$20 dollars.

What should I do?
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

It was just a question homie.
You gotta wait for the W2 form. Since you no longer work for them, they will make it to you.

This is funny as hell but plenty of dudes at my job put 99, yes 99 for dependents. I tell them to chill but they don't listen.

What should I do?
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Why you laughing, when you work at UPS, though?

Dookie brown work attire FTL...
laugh.gif

I started filing on HR Block/TurboTax and it said Fed Refund $67. The Estimator said $1560. Discrepancy much?
nerd.gif

where can it be done online for free? and do they suggest certain programs that you qualify for? I.E. college debt, etc.
There is over 30 free programs check this link on the 15th and you will see the providers. Each has different rules to qualify for the freereturn. I like olt.com if you want you can pm me and I will e-mail you a checklist. College debt you have different options you might qualify, hope credit,lifetime credit, or deduct your interest from your gross income.
http://www.irs.gov/efile/article/0,,id=118986,00.html

If my job doesnt take taxes out...what am I supposed to do ? nothing?

I'm hoping you aren't a 1099 or else you pay your taxes and self employed taxes which can be more than your regular taxes.

whats the best place to go to get my taxes done?
Look for pricing, don't go to a franchise they charge a grip! I do returns for example for 60 bills including state and backed by peace ofmind.
Been at school since August so I didn't work for like 4 months. Hoping to get back close to $700. Have to file an amended one for last year too since I somehow forgot to file my stock returns, or lack there of. Lost $1,500 last year without even noticing so hopefully I get some more back as I'll use that as a write-off.
Or if you profited from your stock returns this year you can deduct from that.

i do union work and work with different companies all year around about 10-14 last year (its slow) whats the best route to go? i have one son. would it be hard to go the turbo tax way
Nope just a lot of data entry for all the w2's, you will qualify for child tax credit, maybe child care expenses, earned income credit.
listen last time i filed in 08 they added dependents on my w2, got caught didnt file in 09 but i want to this year, what are my options?

I you owe, it is beneficial that you file 08. Because if you don't file they might tax your 08 at 85,0000 and if you are expecting a returnthis year it will be taken for prior debt.

Filing as Head of Household [with 2 kids] and my tax credit for being a First Time Homebuyer.
Did close escrow in 09? If so i RECOMMEND that you amend your 08 and add it there and mail your return with the hud statement, copy of your statedl, copy of a canceled check that you made to close escrow, mortgage statement with your return.

Put down that you donated around $300-$400 (no more than $500) so you can get a better return. I'm doing it this year & gonna see how much I get back.
Only works if you are filing a schedule A. But the savings off that might be as little as 40 to 50 dollars.

Im tight... Pops has to claim me and im the one that paid for my school tuition which was like $4000... I wish there was a way to get around this...

You can file a return but not your exemption. But you wont be entitled to credits. Just let your pops claim your schooling.

When do W2's arrive? Do you have to directly request it from your company?
They are not due til the 31st. They usually hand it to you with the last check of the month.

Im 17 y/o and I plan to file my taxes this year. Will I have to owe any taxes if I didnt make over $9000 a year? How much do you think I will get if I made around $8500 last year?
Nope, you are required. Just your withholding and that's it, unless you attended college.

What should I do?
Just file your return for free and get your with holdings back.

theres a new addition to the family this year.. can someone explain how claiming a child works and what to expect.
Nothing to it just claim your child and the credit is simple.

Originally Posted by drillest

is there a difference from doing your taxes online or a at local agency place..
Online, at home in your pajamas. Agency, talk to an actual human being.

laugh.gif
dude came thru with all the answers. but yeah i actually did donate to goodwill they gave me a receipt & that $40-$50 adds up *kanye shrug*

Originally Posted by amarusgear

Im tight... Pops has to claim me and im the one that paid for my school tuition which was like $4000... I wish there was a way to get around this...
You can file a return but not your exemption. But you wont be entitled to credits. Just let your pops claim your schooling.

Nah I know about filing... But it just sucks that he takes the education credits meanwhile Im the one that payed for the schooling... There shouldbe some sort of rule about education credits... Anyway I can file single even though we lived in the same household and he made more than me?

Originally Posted by xDOEBOIx

There should be some sort of rule about education credits...

Not really because he is paying for your housing and meals, I'm pretty sure you benefited way more than that credit.
Anyway I can file single even though we lived in the same household and he made more than me

Yes you can

I always file my taxes for free using one of the many sites that offer it (Tax Act)

should I keep on using them or would it be best to go to an agency or something?

Is there a difference?

I did my own taxes last year and got more then I did the year before that.

H&R block is a ripoff. get a decent place where theyll add your school/work expenses, meals, uniform, etc

Anyway I can file single even though we lived in the same household and he made more than me

Yes you can

How sure are you on that? I asked a tax professor at my school the same question and he said that since we lived at the same house for more than1/2 the year im considered a dependent... He said if 50% or more is being supported by my father then he as to claim me... But my pops dont pay for anythingof mine... I just live in the house
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by ahhitsj0e

Is there a specific bracket of money you have to make to file for taxes?
If your income is more than $9350 you are required to file. Or if your self employed.

Is there any credit or breaks for buying a car last year ?

Sales tax paid for the vehicle, and maybe the alternative motor vehicle credit.

Yes you can

How sure are you on that? I asked a tax professor at my school the same question and he said that since we lived at the same house for more than 1/2 the year im considered a dependent... He said if 50% or more is being supported by my father then he as to claim me... But my pops dont pay for anything of mine... I just live in the house
laugh.gif

There's a couple of variables, you meet all other tests. Need to know your age, are you a full time student, did you get a scholarship orstudents loans, and your income. Depending on the answers you can we see whether its possible. You can pm if you wish.

Back
Top Bottom