The Official Tennis Thread (Vol. 2024 French Open)

Gael the man 
pimp.gif

I just read that Kyrgios favors playing pokemon go instead of training and finally starting to play tennis seriously.

This guy is such a fool and clown. Such a wasted talent. 

Roger's future outside of tennis looks very bright if he calls it quits. He has a beautiful family, lots of money and the respect of his peers. Father time is undefeated

Roger's future outside of tennis looks very bright if he calls it quits. He has a beautiful family, lots of money and the respect of his peers. Father time is undefeated

Yea I'm like dude said "he hopes he has plans in place"?

Fed is one of the most beloved athletes in any sport on the planet.

He's basically the only one with a flawless public image, a GOAT resume and let's be honest, it helps that he's basic looking white guy.

He'll be absolutely fine after tennis, all his sponsors like Mercedes and Rolex will continue to pay him just to show up to things not mention he's already made over 200 million in his career between on and off court earnings.

They did a global survey a couple years ago asking people which celebrity they trusted the most.

Fed came second behind Nelson Mandela.

Nelson Mandela.

He's the GOAT for now until Nole takes it down the line.

That's the part that has me nervous. I admire his fire and desire to win. But he's in a match that he can't win right now. 

The "plan after tennis" I am referring to is the ability to tell himself it is over.  Not just the $ or the family. But the ability to say, I had a great GOAT contention career. My time is done. 

He probably wants to go out after winning 1 last slam. But he better have a "plan" of what to do if he doesn't get it. 

I think Roger needs to do like Andre and find something he's equally pationate about outside of tennis and pursue that. I think given his competitive drive it will be very hard for him playing senior tennis or WTT after he hangs it up. It might be better just to leave the game and never look back.

I think Roger needs to do like Andre and find something he's equally pationate about outside of tennis and pursue that. I think given his competitive drive it will be very hard for him playing senior tennis or WTT after he hangs it up. It might be better just to leave the game and never look back.
Yes, I've always read stories about how much love he shows to the people who help out with the tournaments (ballboys / ballgirls).

He has the seemingly perfect life: $$$, beautiful family, worldwide respect/love, and quite possibly the GOAT career. He can really do anything he wants to do after he hangs it up.

30th Masters 1000 title for Nole, which is ridiculous.

Didn't start week off so well, especially with his serving, but really raised his level in the final.  

Rogers+Cup+Toronto+Day+7+Fx9KrOIAB2Gx.jpg

Rogers+Cup+Toronto+Day+7+Nr6vIcJG4Shx.jpg

Dodgy looking runners up trophy though...

Rogers+Cup+Toronto+Day+7+uJf7UKICZQ6x.jpg

Back
Top Bottom