The Official Tennis Thread (Vol. 2024 French Open)

Initially, I didn't think Venus would make it beyond the QFs, but she should be in the final four now with Kuzzy gone.

Konta and Dimitrov are playing very well this season... Dark horses, IMO. Speaking of Grigor...
laugh.gif

Last edited:
The old man's still got it.  Would have liked to have seen Kei put up a bigger fight towards the end there.  

Interesting to see who he'll get in the semis... Depends on which Stan shows up.

Both World No. 1's out. Did not see that coming. What a crazy start to the 2017 tennis season.

No Kerber means Vee has a legit shot to reach the final.
eek.gif

Who is this Istomin guy? Watching him for the first time against Dimitrov and he looks like a top 5 player
A bit of a journeyman, I guess.  If you've watched enough tennis, you'll recognize the name.  Definitely overachieved in this tournament.  I read that he hadn't won 2 consecutive matches in a while, prior to the AO.  I only caught the end of the Dimitrov match, but it's a shame his injury.

But we've seen this before... players having amazing runs in a slam, then sort of disappear.  Randomly, remember Melanie Oudin from a few years back?  Had that amazing USO run... but then we haven't heard much from her since.  Consistency is so tough. 

Photo of the day for aepps20

2017+Australian+Open+Day+8+iuTLKKQrAPgx.jpg

Put up a good fight, but Rafa was just a bit better towards the end.  Have to admit, when he broke Rafa in the 4th, thoughts of Rafa's past 5-set losses came rushing back!

Photo of the day for aepps20

2017+Australian+Open+Day+8+iuTLKKQrAPgx.jpg

Put up a good fight, but Rafa was just a bit better towards the end.  Have to admit, when he broke Rafa in the 4th, thoughts of Rafa's past 5-set losses came rushing back!

Happy this Tennis Player From France is out. Very disturbing images.

[emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji]

He's the clown prince of men's tennis, so much talent and physical skill but very little heart

He's the clown prince of men's tennis, so much talent and physical skill but very little heart
Helps that he's not a total A-hole. But he definitely is in it more for the ooh and ahh moments than actually winning the dang thing.

Serena better be ready because Konta has looked really sharp.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom