The Official Tennis Thread (Vol. 2024 Victor Wemby Invitational)

Don’t have the tennis Channel so I couldn’t watch the Rafa/kyrgios match yesterday

:lol: seemed like an entertaining match

NK lucky he didn't hit that ballkid. 100% would have made contact if he hadn't dodged it.

tough match for nadal but he came through with the dub... i think he was having trouble with the wind... Alcaraz is going to be a problem in a few years... his play style reminds me of joker for some reason

tough match for nadal but he came through with the dub... i think he was having trouble with the wind... Alcaraz is going to be a problem in a few years... his play style reminds me of joker for some reason
Yeah, a lot of ppl have been saying how similar their styles are. If anything, Alcaraz's defence is probably better than Rafa and Nole's at that age. This kid is crazy impressive.

Didn't think Nadal would lose, which I am bummed about. But Fritz played well and to win in his home state is special.

Gonna get tickets next year.

:wow: I guess after winning at home, she felt complete
Happy for her in that she knows what she wants in life, but for tennis fans, this a bit disappointing cuz I like the variety in her game. She's a very crafty and versatile player. And it seemed that not many players had an answer for her slice backhand!

kinda reminds me of when henin & hingis retired early only to come back a few years later....I doubt Barty will come back since this is her second time retiring... it's a shame cuz I liked her game and watching her play

:wow: I guess after winning at home, she felt complete
Gonna really miss watching her play. One of my all-time favorites. Said this about her back in 2019 before she won the FO:

Barty, IMO, is probably the best player on the ladies' tour. I am so high on her. Probably my favorite player to watch.

Iga is about to wreck **** now. She's one of the only other players on the tour that is able to problem solve and make adjustments on the fly.

The Ukraine Fed Cup (I know) team is on the verge of a huge comeback. Forced a deciding doubles rubber after going down 0-2 yesterday.

Back
Top Bottom