The Official Tennis Thread (Vol. 2024 Victor Wemby Invitational)

Congrats to Rafa.

Novaxxx was probably watching this match like:

tripleh-seething.gif

:wow: :wow: :wow: Bruh I turned it off and went to bed sometime after the third set thinking too little too late, yikes. Grats to Rafa!

I dozed off during the second when Medvedev was down 1-4 (I think?) and woke up to him being up 2 sets to none. I fell back asleep thinking the match was over at that point…

What a comeback by Rafa. It’s great to see him finally get that second Aussie Open title. Hopefully he can stay healthy to compete for number 22 in a few months.

It’s crazy that he’s won 2 and they’re 13 years apart.

Not quite as crazy though as winning the French Open 13 times in 16 years.

Medvedev's def gonna be back, multiple times :lol:

He's a hell of player with all world defense. Even though it didn't look it not not long ago, the sport is gonna be in good hands after the big 3 aren't around.

Got so many great young guns coming of age on the men and women's side.

Hope to see my dude FAA taking that next step and getting to one of the GS semi's soon, his QF match against Medvedev were he pushed him to his limit has me bullish abiut his potential :lol:. Only 21

What's the general fan take on Medvedev?

Every time I catch a match he's *****ing and moaning and just generally being an ***. :lol:

Is that part of his schtick? Kind of a villain type?

if novaxx gets a fake vaccination card so he can play in the majors it's on brand and going to be hilarious

Finally watched the highlights of the match. That 40-hit rally was insane.

Glad Rafa won.

What's the general fan take on Medvedev?

Every time I catch a match he's *****ing and moaning and just generally being an ***. :lol:

Is that part of his schtick? Kind of a villain type?
From what I can remember, a few years ago at the USO, he had a temper tantrum in one match... the crowd started to boo him and he replied by giving them the finger. 😅 Since then, the crowd always got on him, but in his speeches/interviews, he cheekily played into it... making himself into a bit of a villain. I wouldn't go so far as to calling him a jerk, but he certainly gets into it with the crowd at times, but also takes a light-hearted approach. I'd say NK is more of a jerk than Med is.

As for his game, he has such a unique slappy-style and game that it frustrates a lot of his opponents. He's, like, 6'4" but moves supremely well. Can hit great shots on both wings and is basically a brick wall. He gets a lot of shots back and is hard to break down.

I was watching the Fed/Novak Wimbledon final a couple weeks back and took this screenshot:
adfkals.png

He went down the T and just barely missed it. Novak was playing the serve out wide and had no chance of getting a racket on this. If this lands anywhere on that half of the service box, he locks up #21 two and half years earlier than anyone.

The margins of this sport are so brutal.

Last edited:
I was watching the Fed/Novak Wimbledon final a couple weeks back and took this screenshot:
adfkals.png

He went down the T and just barely missed it. Novak was playing the serve out wide and had no chance of getting a racket on this. If this lands anywhere on that half of the service box, he locks up #21 two and half years earlier than anyone.

Glad he didn’t :lol:

adfkals.png

too soon man...too soon.

The end for Del Potro's career is imminent, at least he gets to call time on his own terms.

Will miss the Tower of Tandil and that massive forehand.

Last time he played was way before the Covid madness.

Some athletes have all the luck regarding injuries... while he was on the opposite end. At least he was able to make the most out of his healthy days.

Delpo :emoji_cry:
I was hopeful of a comeback this year. What could’ve been without the knee and wrist injuries… I will miss him a lot. My second favorite player

He said, that he’s had knee pain in every day life and is hoping to have a good quality life, without pain.
He lost 12 kg in the last 3 months and the knee still hurts.
Playing one last time on front of his family and friends. His mother never saw him playing in a tournament before.

Vamos Delpo!!!

Novaxx is overestimating his popularity. If Roger and Rafa are playing in those tournaments then he won't be missed. He acting like this is on the same level as the Montgomery Bus Boycott.

Back
Top Bottom