The Official Tennis Thread (Vol. 2024 French Open)

Untitled-2.jpg

Just as I was about to write Elina off, she gets the double-break to get back on serve... only to be broken again and now returning to stay in the match.

This feels like the final. I don't see how Vond can be either of these two. I hope she proves me wrong!

Great Dane: Wozniacki wins maiden Slam | AO

She really had no business winning that year, so I don't blame you for forgetting. Was down 5-1, 40-15 in the third set of the second round. Got to face Mertens in the semis after Mertens got by a hobbled Svitolina in the quarters. Meanwhile, Simona and Angie end up spilling their guts out in their semis matchup (played with the roof open). Simona comes through that, and battles to a three set defeat in the finals and ends up in the hospital after the match due to exhaustion and dehydration.

I don't see her causing any major shakeup when she returns. She's a pusher that is 3+ years removed from the game. Good luck.
Now that I think about it, I remember Halep getting the lead after breaking her late in the third set of that final. Felt like the momentum was shifting towards Halep, but then Wozniacki immediately called a medical time-out right after that... and it was before Simona's serve, too. :smh:

It's nice Woz did manage to win a major during her career, but Simona probably should be a US Open title away from a career slam right now.

^

Yep.

They need to get rid of the MTO, or at the very least force players to take it before their own service game. Taking it before your opponent’s should be an automatic forfeiture of the game.

MTOs are unfair play if you ask me. Seen too many players on both tours abuse it. NoVaxxx is a classic abuser of the MTO especially when he’s down. Meldopova would take bathroom breaks and other nonsense as well. Part of what I loved about tennis was you had to figure it out in real time so MTOs for things like cramping, or bathroom breaks for 10 minutes is cheating plain and simple

Tough luck, Sinner. You'll get him next time! 😁

Alcaraz has the game to beat Djokovic, but I'm a little concerned if he'll be mentally ready this time... Still a bit surprised about what happened at the French.

Hope Ons can lift her first major in her third Grand Slam final tomorrow.

MTOs are unfair play if you ask me. Seen too many players on both tours abuse it. NoVaxxx is a classic abuser of the MTO especially when he’s down. Meldopova would take bathroom breaks and other nonsense as well. Part of what I loved about tennis was you had to figure it out in real time so MTOs for things like cramping, or bathroom breaks for 10 minutes is cheating plain and simple
Iga does a lot of bush league stuff too. She always takes an extended break if she loses the first set, and she routinely holds up the server to try to break their rhythm during an important service game by unnecessarily changing her racquet mid-game or by pointing to some non-existent distraction in the stands.

Iga does a lot of bush league stuff too. She always takes an extended break if she loses the first set, and she routinely holds up the server to try to break their rhythm during an important service game by unnecessarily changing her racquet mid-game or by pointing to some non-existent distraction in the stands.

One of the reasons that I’m not a fan of hers. Just play the game. The extra stuff is nonsense.

I agree with 703 hwy 703 hwy that grunting in an obnoxious way is also cheating.

Back
Top Bottom