The Official Tennis Thread (Vol. 2024 French Open)

Thought he was hurt but played through it. Couldn’t tell the extent. Stoppage comes at the right time for him.

Sloane is consistent at being inconsistent.

I only saw the first two sets of Tsitsipas-Murray. Didn’t know about the fall until now. I hope he’s alright. It’s been a while since I really sat down and watched one of Andy’s matches. I like the guy, but I forgot how much he barks at his camp after almost every single point he loses…

Hate to be that guy but my god the WTA matches are downright horrible in quality. Is there no talent in the pipeline? These are not professionals man :smh:

Davidovich-Fokina throwing in an underarm serve at a crucial point of a 5th set tie-break takes big balls.

It fluffed big time though.

Davidovich-Fokina throwing in an underarm serve at a crucial point of a 5th set tie-break takes big balls.

It fluffed big time though.
That was downright stupid... a big brainfreeze. Maybe you would try that, say, in the 3rd and with a bunch of match/set points... but late in a match during a TB decider? 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

Welp, one set all now. That's gotta be crushing for Baelinda after having those match points.

Regardless of who wins this match, I think whoever comes out of the bottom half is going to win the tournament.

Great win from Eubanks over Tsitsipas. It's crazy how he finally broke into the Top 100 in Miami after years on the tour and now he's in the QFs at Wimbledon in his first appearance.

Meanwhile, Ons giving Kvitova a bagel on grass... :wow:

Very proud of Vika and Elina. Both respected each other’s positions and the fans are idiots per usual. WTA quality of play is a joke nowadays if I’m honest.

Very proud of Vika and Elina. Both respected each other’s positions and the fans are idiots per usual. WTA quality of play is a joke nowadays if I’m honest.
Elina made her position very clear weeks ago... and most, if not all, the players knew and probably understood it. It wasn't anything personal and they knew that. I think it was at RG when Sabalenka went up to the net, as if to wait for a hand shake, after beating Elina... and the crowd ended up booing Elina. Sabalenka knew exactly what she was doing... but I guess she didn't want to get boo'd. 🙄🤷‍♂️

Elina made her position very clear weeks ago... and most, if not all, the players knew and probably understood it. It wasn't anything personal and they knew that. I think it was at RG when Sabalenka went up to the net, as if to wait for a hand shake, after beating Elina... and the crowd ended up booing Elina. Sabalenka knew exactly what she was doing... but I guess she didn't want to get boo'd. 🙄🤷‍♂️

I personally think the WTA and other tennis bodies are late to the game and have handled the Ukraine invasion all wrong.

I lost respect for Sabalenka after that incident. Her first round match was literally against Marta Kostyuk from the Ukraine, so it should have been obvious that Svitolina wasn't going to shake her hand either. Not only that, but Lesia Tsurenko withdrew from her match against Sabalenka in March at Indian Wells due to having a panic attack in relation to the war.

On a separate note, it's great to see so much consistency from the top four players on the WTA this year. Top 4 seeds are into the QFs at Wimbledon. I think I saw something that said it's the first time since the 2013 French Open Rafael Nadal Open that this has happened at a major.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom