The Official Tennis Thread (Vol. 2024 French Open)

That was quite the embarrassing performance by the world number one. Three breaks in the final set???

TF?

Folks here dont like Iga? What did I miss. I'm a fan.

Extended bathroom breaks after losing a set, holds the server up by pretending there’s a distraction in the crowd, doesn’t play at the servers pace, changing racquets in the middle of your opponents’ ball toss, etc. She does a lot of bush-league crap.

There’s also a feeling in some pockets of the tennis fan world that she isn’t a true #1. She spams a top-spin heavy forehand (to great success, to her credit), which is why she sometimes looks lost when she plays on a faster, low bouncing court (especially against an opponent that hits flat and with power). There isn't much variety in her game.

I really wish Ash never retired.

Folks here dont like Iga? What did I miss. I'm a fan.
I feel like in general the thread just tends to root against players more than root for them. :lol:

I don't hate her. I think that run she had last year from March to June was pretty incredible. It's crazy seeing how often she's handing out bagels and breadsticks in her matches.

However, everything youngwolf said regarding her lack of sportsmanship is spot on and it's what I don't like. I've seen her phone go off during a match one too many times as well. I think you see more of a player's personality when they're losing.

Extended bathroom breaks after losing a set, holds the server up by pretending there’s a distraction in the crowd, doesn’t play at the servers pace, changing racquets in the middle of your opponents’ ball toss, etc. She does a lot of bush-league crap.

There’s also a feeling in some pockets of the tennis fan world that she isn’t a true #1. She spams a top-spin heavy forehand (to great success, to her credit), which is why she sometimes looks lost when she plays on a faster, low bouncing court (especially against an opponent that hits flat and with power). There isn't much variety in her game.

I really wish Ash never retired.
I forgot Ash Barty retired I was just wondering where she was earlier today :lol:. As far as true #1’s I got Sabalenka. Rest are too fraudulent.

23 unforced errors from Ons. #5 ranked player (but I know rankings in tennis mean nothing)

🙌 Queen Wen!

I feel like in general the thread just tends to root against players more than root for them. :lol:

I see this a lot in general, not just in tennis or whatever. Sports nowadays just seems to be like that. Folks just seem to get more excitement from seeing the failure of the ones they hate than the ones they support. 🤷‍♂️ See that a lot in social media anyway. 😅

Last edited:
🙌 Queen Wen!

I see this a lot in general, not just in tennis or whatever. Sports nowadays just seems to be like that. Folks just seem to get more excitement from seeing the failure of the ones they hate than the ones they support. 🤷‍♂️ See that a lot in social media anyway. 😅

Hate isn't stronger than love , it just gets you pumped up more

My guy youngwolf youngwolf summed it up nicely. Iga does too many "accidental" unethical and bush league things to like her. From the extended bathroom breaks to this gem

IMG_2059.jpeg

just don't respect that. I wish Ash never retired because the WTA is a joke nowadays. A pretty good player in Svitolina goes off, has a kid, is at the forefront of her country's war effort and comes back and is a few points here or there from winning her first slam at Wimbledon. Caro (the human wall) takes three years off and it took next up hype Coco three sets and a disgusting US Open crowd to get her out. These aren't all time greats doing this. If Halep didn't get cheated by this PED scandal she would rack up another 3 slams in this weak era. I like Coco and wish her well but I think she needs better coaching and technique. To be honest Sloane>>>>>Coco on game and skill alone. Coco's toughness will be why her career will be better than Sloane's but she has to show us something and with this US Open.

My guy youngwolf youngwolf summed it up nicely. Iga does too many "accidental" unethical and bush league things to like her. From the extended bathroom breaks to this gem

IMG_2059.jpeg

just don't respect that. I wish Ash never retired because the WTA is a joke nowadays. A pretty good player in Svitolina goes off, has a kid, is at the forefront of her country's war effort and comes back and is a few points here or there from winning her first slam at Wimbledon. Caro (the human wall) takes three years off and it took next up hype Coco three sets and a disgusting US Open crowd to get her out. These aren't all time greats doing this. If Halep didn't get cheated by this PED scandal she would rack up another 3 slams in this weak era. I like Coco and wish her well but I think she needs better coaching and technique. To be honest Sloane>>>>>Coco on game and skill alone. Coco's toughness will be why her career will be better than Sloane's but she has to show us something and with this US Open.
You're taking up for dopers now?

Back
Top Bottom