The Official Tennis Thread (Vol. 2024 Oz Open Nadal Out)

^Missed the match so I'm not sure what was said, but supposedly Serena is dealing with an adductor injury.

yeah, her movement has been pretty bad the past two matches. however, as the match goes on, her adductor starts to loosen up and her movement and shots improve. will be an interesting final tomorrow. muguruza is the more in-form player, but i could never go against serena, especially not in a final. if muguruza was to win, i think it needs to be in 2, can't see serena losing a decider. 

Uh oh... Muguruza up a set and a break now. Great final so far.

Mad 'cause I'm gonna miss some of the match since I gotta pick up my 11s soon.
sick.gif

This isn't a surprise like the Oz Open lost since Serena's hurt, but how weird is it to see her lose two in a row after having such an incredible finals record for so many years?

Congrats to Mugu! Well deserved for the new World No. 2. I'm pretty sure I'm not the only here who isn't shocked she's winning a Slam.

Excellent tournament from Muguruza. Serena needs to get healthy and hopefully make one more run. Last year was a gift and a curse.

Screenshots have been taken just like they were in 2012 in Roland Garos when Serena was "washed" and "done."

A few too many errors by Serena, but Garbine stepped up to the challenge.

Starting off with a few champs...

2016+French+Open+Day+Fourteen+9DbU7F6x_jVx.jpg

Stan Smith rockin'... Stan Smiths!

2016+French+Open+Day+Fourteen+MmNP4XE3wdrx.jpg

2016+French+Open+Day+Fourteen+J3puUCTqgY9x.jpg

2016+French+Open+Day+Fourteen+VlsbRmpC1bQx.jpg

2016+French+Open+Day+Fourteen+T6jTJ9M79c6x.jpg

2016+French+Open+Day+Fourteen+SLy_i2iBUE-x.jpg

2016+French+Open+Day+Fourteen+OcewIwOKn1Vx.jpg

2016+French+Open+Day+Fourteen+KnPnGZeIPfOx.jpg

2016+French+Open+Day+Fourteen+hXzq0ITYBGcx.jpg

2016+French+Open+Day+Fourteen+xU1MCUTHXRhx.jpg

2016+French+Open+Day+Fourteen+ROnOav7c1C4x.jpg

2016+French+Open+Day+Fourteen+iBIcH6e0hojx.jpg

dope tourney from garbine. legit happy she won.

Common Andy Murray. Is Kim at the tourney? I want her yelling at Novack.

She was always #TeamStella with Caroline, Kirilenko (who's pretty much retired now) and Laura (who's with Nike now).  

Alright, here we go. A new Roland Garros champion will be crowned today... Idemo, Nole!

The first set will be key. Whoever wins the first set usually wins the match between these two.

Crazy to think that after today we'll either have another guy with a career-slam AND holding all 4 slams at the same time... or a guy an Australian Open short of the career golden slam.  Andy has a realistic chance of winning Oz if he continues his current form!  So much on the table. 

French crowd have always been like this...

But controversial call there... I'll need to watch and hear it again.

First blood Muzz! 

Muzz may pull this off.

Lowkey want a Muzz win just so their H2H isn't completely lopsided to Djoko.

First set goes to Andy.

Andy's forehand has improved. Nole no longer has that advantage over Muzz.

Nole serves up the French baguette to Andy. Gluten free, of course.

1 set all.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom