The Official Tennis Thread (Vol. 2024 French Open)

Time for an avy change.
nthat.gif

Nole will probably achieve a Golden Djoker Slam by winning the Olympics, but I think it'll be extremely tough to win a Golden Calender Slam. He has a great shot at winning the US Open (especially with the new roof), but I'm not sure about Wimbledon. Then again, I said the same thing last year and look what happened... Anyway, I'm really interested to see if his mentality/motivation changes any after finally achieving his biggest goal.

mean.gif
  @ Uniqlo for not offering a discount on Nole's kit like they did when he won the Oz Open. They don't have the red-striped black shorts either. Guess I'll just get the shirt.

Last edited:
Serena is like Oprah in finals these days. "YOU GET A GRAND SLAM!" "YOU GET A GRAND SLAM!" "YOU GET A GRAND SLAM!" We need Sharapova back so that she can be motivated to clean up the other half of the draw and lose to Serena in the finals per usual. I love her as a blood sacrifice.

Some fascinating stuff in that report... lots of questions.  Obvs it was still down to Maria and it was her responsibility, but some of the parts also raised questions on the ITF and their testing.  

That report is a terrible look for Sharapova. I'm surprised they only gave her 2 years. She'll probably only serve 1 but the damage is already done.

I just hope I never have to read about doping like that in regards to Serena and Rafa...now that would be genuinely dissapointing :smh:

That report is a terrible look for Sharapova. I'm surprised they only gave her 2 years. She'll probably only serve 1 but the damage is already done.
Indeed.  The ITF wanted 4, but that she unknowingly (or words to that effect) took it reduced it down to 2.  And that bit about her agent was supposed to check the list, but didn't this year cuz of marital problems... WTH is that about?!  LOL.  Truly bizarre.  

They should blood test Novack before every match and on change overs. Doesn't have to be for drugs. Test for anything. I just want to see his blood. 

My dude TheWindScar31 understands more than most the need for stars to maintain a sense of humility. I agree, Nole should get his blood drawn just to maintain his humility and drive.

Late post but I am glad to see Nole winning :pimp: Big congratulations to him

I feel kinda bad for Maria Sharapova

She was honest about using it

About 200 athletes tested positive for meldonium this year and yet Sharapova is probably the only tennis player gets banned right now :x

As expected, Rafa is out of Wimbledon.  The grass can't be good for an injured wrist... sensible. 

Especially if what he says is true in that he is at the point of risking a tear. Rest up for hard court season. If not shut down for the year. 

Back
Top Bottom