The Official Tennis Thread (Vol. 2024 French Open)

I don't get how he can just switch...

From a few years ago...

I won't be lying. I used to be a Yankees fan when I was a young kid. It was because every one in my school loved the Yankees so I just followed 'em. When I grew up, I started making my own decision. Been a Mets fan since that day.

Wow, Wimbledon has already started. I better catch up it. Any young player to watch out for?

Last edited:
Completely forgot about BMS.

I'm not sure why Wimbledon won't just schedule four matches on Center Court with the ongoing rain. Scheduling a women's match as the last match seems like the best idea if they're worried about the men's matches going the distance.

Supposedly, they're now making all 1R men's doubles matches best 2-of-3.... Gotta wonder if they'll decide to play on Sunday if the rain doesn't stop.

It is my understanding that the All England Club is really strict on the color scheme of the tennis outfit but not a player's hair. I'm surprised they haven't said anything about the Nike outfit Genie and others are wearing. [emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji]

I'm surprised they haven't said anything about the Nike outfit Genie and others are wearing. [emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji]
They sorta kinda have... Nike asked their players to bring their dresses in for alterations, but not everyone did so... Genie didn't, obvs. 

It really is quite... airy. 

They sorta kinda have... Nike asked their players to bring their dresses in for alterations, but not everyone did so... Genie didn't, obvs. 

It really is quite... airy. 

I thought Nike only offered to alter the dresses after players complained?

Yeah, I've seen different stories/rumors... the players def complained, but also saw something about Nike saying it was to comply with Wimbledon rules... 

The guy playing federer looks like he put on whatever was in his gym bag. nike shirt and adidas shoes.

^Check out the logo on his left sleeve... He's actually wearing one of Fed's Nike shirts.
laugh.gif

Here's another article on the Wimbledon dress situation: http://www.nytimes.com/2016/06/29/s...ier-slam-dress.html?smid=tw-nytimes&smtyp=cur

Some have elected to wear a shirt/skirt combo instead of the altered dress.

Last edited:
Oh wow, I wonder about him since his name is trending on Twitter right now

Thanks tho

Fernando Verdasco gave Tomic some run. That match should be fun to watch

Willis made the most of his match against Fed.

Dude can flourish just off his everyman charisma.

Muguruthless becomes yet another victim of the Serena curse... out in 2R. Vee's draw is looking even better now for her, though she has a tough opponent in Kasatkina (who beat her earlier this year) next round. The schedule isn't friendly for her since she has to play first tomorrow after playing both singles and doubles today.

Looking forward to Wawa-DelPo and Scumbag Kyrgios-Dustin Brown tomorrow. The shot making in the latter should be really good.

The last 7 Grand Slam winners on the WTA not named Serena Williams didn't make it to the QF at the very next Grand Slam smh. I wish we could get a Serena vs Venus final one more time on grass. If 08' Venus could rise from the grave I wouldn't even be mad.

Last edited:
The last 7 Grand Slam winners on the WTA not named Serena Williams didn't make it to the QF at the very next Grand Slam smh. I wish we could get a Serena vs Venus final one more time on grass. If 08' Venus could rise from the grave I wouldn't even be mad.
I'm wishing for the same, though I think Venus could have trouble with Lisicki or Maddie. I hope they'll win the doubles title together.

I was watching some of the '09 Final when Tennis Channel aired it last weekend... That was some of the best grass court tennis I've ever seen.

I still say Venus vs Davenport in 05 might be the best grass court final I've ever seen WTA wise. Lisicki is a choke artist and so is Madison Keys. Venus's biggest challenge is going to be the schedule in my opinion. I need more drama on the ATP side. Somebody has to take a set off of Djoker to make it interesting at least.

I still say Venus vs Davenport in 05 might be the best grass court final I've ever seen WTA wise. Lisicki is a choke artist and so is Madison Keys. Venus's biggest challenge is going to be the schedule in my opinion. I need more drama on the ATP side. Somebody has to take a set off of Djoker to make it interesting at least.

I agree, that Final was absolutely phenomenal.

Tennis Gods, please bring Venus to one more Wimbledon final. She IS Wimbledon to me for some reason.

Back
Top Bottom