The Official Tennis Thread (Vol. 2024 French Open)

You know Federer's having an awful season when he can't even win on grass. Thiem beat him last week in Stuttgart and now Sascha Zverev does the same this week in Halle. No titles this entire year for Fed. 
sick.gif

Last edited:
These young dudes are hungry to win. We have a really interesting crop of talent coming up.

Fed should retire soon.

I was gonna ask if he should just retire. His body is breaking down more than ever with these recent injuries. The sport would be weird though without him and nadal around.

It would be weird because Fed/Nadal were the faces of tennis and household names for such a long time. I don't think Novak winning has anything to do with it.

Last edited:
Just discovered this Thread, awesome! Is there a Nike thread for the history of RF's gear like Agassi's?

Vika pulls out of Wimbledon due to a knee injury. She can never stay healthy, unfortunately.
frown.gif

With Lisicki having a horrible year, Kvitova getting bageled on grass yesterday and now Vika's withdraw, I think #22 is almost a guarantee for Serena in London. I can't see Muguruthless beating her on this surface, so that leaves Venus (now seeded #8) as her only real threat at Wimbledon, IMO.

Last edited:
The Wimbledon draw just took place.

Projected Men's QFs:

Nole-Raonic

Fed-Nishikori

Thiem-Wawa

Gasquet-Muzz

Nole gets a brutal draw while Andy gets the easy one.

Projected Women's QFs:

Serena-Vinci

Aga-Bencic

Halep-Kerber

Venus-Mugu

Not expecting some of those names to reach the second week. Kvitova's in the top half and Boom-Boom's in the bottom.

Last edited:
Giorgi got that nice, fit body.
I never liked her though... probably cuz of the stories on her debt/finances.  

Day+One+Championships+Wimbledon+2016+V_xs57BJQ4-x.jpg

Day+One+Championships+Wimbledon+2016+LDTOLUg3oe9x.jpg

Pips in the house.

Day+One+Championships+Wimbledon+2016+8Wcm0HcHjWpx.jpg

Day+One+Championships+Wimbledon+2016+c-0v5soCrKax.jpg

Day+One+Championships+Wimbledon+2016+JAxOZ90PX5yx.jpg

Day+One+Championships+Wimbledon+2016+4oI3Lw9HO1rx.jpg

Just the world we live in...

Day+One+Championships+Wimbledon+2016+hXQ6_0g3CQIx.jpg

Day+One+Championships+Wimbledon+2016+dr5D--ZBGAvx.jpg

Day+One+Championships+Wimbledon+2016+jPU8S0rGMP2x.jpg

Day+One+Championships+Wimbledon+2016+QLiZE2hsDGcx.jpg

Confused elderly sports fan.

Day+One+Championships+Wimbledon+2016+OHHONMjpJelx.jpg

Lost, but hope Laura stays injury-free... been so unlucky.

Day+One+Championships+Wimbledon+2016+toZmmdaRPCjx.jpg

Day+One+Championships+Wimbledon+2016+Idhq-o9_ezYx.jpg

Obligatory Gael pic.

Day+One+Championships+Wimbledon+2016+oylaDB5cEBQx.jpg

Welp.  Apparently a wrist injury, but just hasn't played well all year.

Day+One+Championships+Wimbledon+2016+kvpJS6Y-Wanx.jpg

I thought he had on a Mets hat. A yankees hat would never touch my head. Was even tempted to wear my Mets hat to the yankees game last week but that would've been weird.

I don't get how he can just switch...

From a few years ago...
You grew up in New York, so what's your team: the Yankees or the Mets?

I was a Yankee fan until 1981. That was the year the Yankees were two up on the Dodgers and lost four straight. And George Steinbrenner apologized to the city. He said it was embarrassing. I remember the headlines. I lost in the Wimbledon finals around that time, and I thought, Listen, it's a hell of a lot better than the Mets. They're lucky if they're .500. Look at all the teams that don't even make the play-offs. And taking a crap on the team that just made it to the World Series just seemed lame. Really lame. I was disgusted personally because I knew how difficult it was to get to a final or a World Series. So right then I switched allegiances. That's when I switched from a Yankees fan to a Mets fan. That was the moment.

And you're still a Mets fan?

Sadly, I'm still a Mets fan.

Switching like that is unacceptable if you are a true fan. That's like a Red Sox fan rocking a Yankees hat because they like both teams. That just doesn't work.

Confused elderly sports fan.
laugh.gif

As strict as Wimbledon is, I'm surprised nothing has been said about Vee's red hair, lol.

Ana hasn't played well ever since the engagement rumors began... Maybe it's a sign that it's not meant to be.
nerd.gif

As strict as Wimbledon is, I'm surprised nothing has been said about Vee's red hair, lol.
That woulda been too much.  Anyway, they would have said something about BMS first. 

EDIT

Didn't think this would actually sound good!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom