The Official Tennis Thread (Vol. 2024 Oz Open Nadal Out)

Kei finally is able to serve it out... but what's this about him taking a shower after the 2nd set?!  Not sure if it actually happened or if it was an exaggeration.  He did take an 11min break, that's for sure... which is pretty long.  Surprised the umps let that slide.  
I was really surprised by the long break too.

Did not hear about him taking a shower before 
laugh.gif
  Commentator said something about a mental collapse, but I do not really believe it 

Yeah, Kei was definitely the better player, but that long break really was odd.  Will refrain from saying more till the facts come out.

Anyway... hope Delpo makes this competitive.  Muzz the clear favorite. 

Delpo playing with a lot of heart... gotta give him that.  Giant is running on fumes.

What a match! 

Silver medal is still a fantastic result for Delpo 
pimp.gif

What I really don't like, is the organization of this tournament. They have so much time, but of course they must push the tournament through in one week... 
mean.gif

There would have been more than enough time for days off. Not even before the finals they could give the players a rest... And why must the final be a best of 5 match then?!

With a lot of players starting in single, double and mixed doubles...

mean.gif

The scheduling was horrible... they couldn't have changed the final date cuz Cincy is this week, but surely they could have changed the start date?

You can't control the rain, but they had Delpo playing 2 matches within 15 hrs or so, while Rafa had 1 day off, but back-to-back matches (single and dubs) a day later.  It was very strange.  Makes you wonder about the experience of the people running the tournament.  

Anyway, what a battle by Delpo... 4 freaking hours... plus he had a chance to serve for the 4th?!  

Tennis+Olympics+Day+9+gThUp7bCgUCx.jpg

Tennis+Olympics+Day+9+4PPhAH-JTGOx.jpg

Tennis+Olympics+Day+9+tHB0bj9zv01x.jpg

Tennis+Olympics+Day+9+bS4KjcP36FMx.jpg

Tennis+Olympics+Day+9+n9s8Y8wUtqJx.jpg

Tennis+Olympics+Day+9+C6bUc-epi4tx.jpg

Tennis+Olympics+Day+9+By3kY--QBTdx.jpg

Tired Delpo was tired.

Tennis+Olympics+Day+9+p9gRkYV1UCsx.jpg

Tennis+Olympics+Day+9+eIpVamCnmgkx.jpg

Tennis+Olympics+Day+9+8wPrCU12YJmx.jpg

Tennis+Olympics+Day+9+zX0SpO8mqPAx.jpg

Still kinda weird seeing Hingis playing at a high level in doubles. She got some nice rest from that coke suspension a few years ago. Kinda dumb to have suspensions for recreational drugs.

Yo I'm crying 
roll.gif
Simona was signing autographs after her Cincy match and this cheeky dude asked her to sign a pre-surgery pic with her cleavage shown. 

There's two gems here: the little kid's reaction to seeing the pic and Simona's reaction after signing it

Yo I'm crying 
roll.gif
Simona was signing autographs after her Cincy match and this cheeky dude asked her to sign a pre-surgery pic with her cleavage shown. 

There's two gems here: the little kid's reaction to seeing the pic and Simona's reaction after signing it
roll.gif

World no. 2 Serena Williams. Been a while since I've heard that. Could hear it again as soon as Monday smh...

Last edited:
Kerber is getting washed by Pliskova right now. Too much pressure, she don't want the number 1 spot. Can see her flopping at US open too after losing two big finals 

Back
Top Bottom