The Official Tennis Thread (Vol. 2024 French Open)

Who knows? #1, 2 slams titles, Indian Wells and Coach of The Year then a sudden firing. It doesn't sound like an amicable split.

I don't think this was sudden, though. I remember thinking it was odd that she didn't thank him during her speech after winning the AO, but I chalked it up to nerves.

Maybe another top player was able to pry him away? Simona does need a coach.

On an unrelated note, Chung has feel off so hard over the last 10 or so months.

Chill day at the New York Open yesterday.

IMG_20190215_172948.jpg

I’m very surprised that the men single games are scheduled so early today, but it’s awesome for me, since my time zone is 9 hours ahead :lol:

I like Rafa but I wonder how many years he has left with his playing style? He has the skills to unload on his forehand and end points early but he always defaults to the grinding style.

I like Rafa but I wonder how many years he has left with his playing style? He has the skills to unload on his forehand and end points early but he always defaults to the grinding style.
I'm legitimately concerned Rafa doesn't win another Slam outside the French in his career. Other than Roland Garros, he last won a Slam two years ago at USO. "Nole" was out with an elbow injury. "Muzz" withdrew from the tournament due to a hip problem. Delpo dispatched Fed. It's been nearly a decade since Nadal won the Oz or Wimbledon.

I think realistically how many more French Opens Nadal can win is how many more slams he will win
Two is a fairly feasible number to predict. Three is in the realm of possibility. That would bring Rafa to a tie at 20 assuming Fed doesn't win any more Slams in his illustrious career.

Saw the two underhand serves in the first set haha. Wonder if it was a tense handshake.

Speaking of tense handshakes - the Kerber-Bianca situation was messy.

Back
Top Bottom