The Official Tennis Thread (Vol. 2024 French Open)

Novak is that guy. Carlos had the chance to close it earlier but he bottled it. Cant give give them another chance, esp Novak.

It’s probably been a thing anyway but it seems like more players are abusing MTO’s nowadays. But would probably be hard to crack down on.

US Open is now underway.

Thiem gets a nice straight sets victory over the 25th seed Bublik.

Meanwhile, eighth seeded Maria Sakkari, the number one choke artist in the WTA, loses in the first round for the third straight major.

Novak playing at 11pm in the evening!?

I haven't followed US Open tennis in awhile. I know they had night matches and all, but this late?

Novak playing at 11pm in the evening!?

I haven't followed US Open tennis in awhile. I know they had night matches and all, but this late?

Why did they start so late? I knew there was some ceremony before, but did Coco's match go long?

They've had 11pm start times before, but I wouldn't say it's common. When you have 2 matches in a night session, one being a WTA match, then you'd sorta expect the 2nd match to start at around 9-10.

Nice to see Tiafoe advance since he’s USA. Not too much of a fan since he mails it in for non grand slams.

Is the era of servebot tennis finally over? Isner's career comes to an end after losing in a fifth set super tiebreak against Michael Mmoh.

Baby Fed Dimitrov takes out Murray in straights. He's been playing well since reuniting with Dani Vallerdu.

at first I thought Norrie’s shirt was dark green but then I saw the bottom :sick: K-Swiss gotta do better

Good stuff Alcatraz.

Really bummed I can’t make the trip this year. Was gonna go this weekend but had some stuff pop up.

Gonna make sure to make it work next year!

Really is an awesome experience. Suggest anyone within decent driving distance to give it a shot.

Back
Top Bottom