The Official Tennis Thread (Vol. 2024 French Open)

Fed has a wider-than-average foot, so Nike's been customizing his shoes for a long, long time.
As for the tread-pattern, he and Grigor move differently (Grigor slides much more) so that may have played into the pattern.

Dunno how long Fed's had the carbon shank, but I think Grigor's only had it for a year or so.

Fed just won Basel against DelPo

Some of the shots in the 2nd/3rd set looked like prime 2007-2008 Fed.

Barcelona Nike Store

Attachments

• 6EB09D7F-AF70-4B19-8ED4-D42D13825FF9.jpeg
    6EB09D7F-AF70-4B19-8ED4-D42D13825FF9.jpeg
    232.5 KB · Views: 18
No offence to anyone here but some Rafa fans are unbearable... ATP and other tennis outlets making their standard post when a player wins when Goffin win tonight and a bunch of comments along the line of "didn't deserve to win" "wow, beat an injured player, congrats". A bunch of idiots.

Grigor with the major breakthrough at the ATP World Tour Finals. Now world #3. Think "Baby Fed" gets his first Slam in 2018, probably Wimbledon.

No offence to anyone here but some Rafa fans are unbearable... ATP and other tennis outlets making their standard post when a player wins when Goffin win tonight and a bunch of comments along the line of "didn't deserve to win" "wow, beat an injured player, congrats". A bunch of idiots.
I can't stand fans like that... like you said, unbearable... and the Internet just offers a platform to enable them. Having said that, this is not just exclusive to Rafa, obviously. All the players from various sports have their share of fans like these... and they all annoy the hell outta me. Things are much worse on the tennis forums. In my experience, the Rafa fans I've encountered are quite fair.

Anyway... helluva way for Grigor to end his season... great seeing all that emotion from him at the end. Goffin's been pretty underated this year IMO... had that freak accident when he slid into a tarp during the Monte Carlo Open (I think?). Shame about that.

It'll damn sure make the earlier rounds more interesting. Nadal and Sharapova in Melbourne with a shot clock is going to be more interesting than 16 seeds lol.

Won't be long before GODger season is upon us. What the hell did Murray and Novak do in the offseason? They might as well have had surgery.

She had the Golden Slam which was pretty good. Also played with a big chest like Halep used to have.

Has anyone been following De Minaur? Dude has been so fun to watch. Nothing fazes him. Thought the way he lost at Brisbane would crush him, but that clearly isn't the case. Hope he makes a deep run at the open.

Also, Kerber seems to have shaken off whatever was causing her to stink it up last year.

Back
Top Bottom