The Official Tennis Thread (Vol. 2024 Victor Wemby Invitational)

Shame... would have liked to see the Grand Slam attempt.  Still, the "Djoker Slam's" still a ridiculous achievement. 

Not the Nole we've been watching over the past year or so though, so maybe he needs to step back a bit and avoid burning out. 

Could use an extended break especially given the Olympics.

30 consecutive Slam match wins is nuts.  Helluva streak. 

Damn I wanted Djokovic to make history and win the Grand Slam :frown:

Last edited:
Just discovered this thread  
eyes.gif

Querrey 
pimp.gif

nice to see Sam winning against Djokovic. It's boring to see the same player win again and again... 

It's still a far way to go for Roger, but if Roger does not win now, he won't win in the future 

True for his fans. 
But it's not good for the sport as a whole thing. There's needs to be more competition. 

Novak needs to win every match for me. As long as there is different guys in the finals against him you can say the tournament was interesting in a sense

True for his fans. 

But it's not good for the sport as a whole thing. There's needs to be more competition. 
First off, I like Nole, but wouldn't call myself a #NoleFam... 

But it's true for any fan... what I mean is, I see people on social media complain about it, but had it been their fav, they would have had no problem with it. Just comes off a bit hypocritical if you know what I mean?  

Same goes for the media... they were going nuts over Serena's amazing run last year, but after Nole got his Djoker Slam, which was pretty crazy in itself, I saw some media outlets saying he was winning too much.  

But I agree, competition, mixing the field up makes things interesting and generally improves the sport... 

First off, I like Nole, but wouldn't call myself a #NoleFam... 

But it's true for any fan... what I mean is, I see people on social media complain about it, but had it been their fav, they would have had no problem with it. Just comes off a bit hypocritical if you know what I mean?  

Same goes for the media... they were going nuts over Serena's amazing run last year, but after Nole got his Djoker Slam, which was pretty crazy in itself, I saw some media outlets saying he was winning too much.  

But I agree, competition, mixing the field up makes things interesting and generally improves the sport... 

As far as the media goes, last year was the first year they were openly rooting for Serena. When Venus and Serena were washing people on a regular all you heard was how it was bad for tennis. You even had commentators trying to give advice midmatch on how to beat them. Certain players are the media favorites. When Roger was washing people left and right we never heard how it was bad for tennis. When Rafa was murking dudes at the FO we never heard a peep. Now that Nole is exacting his revenge on Fed and Rafa it's bad for the sport. [emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji]. I hope Nole washes both those guys the next time they play and I hope Roger loses Wimbledon in devastating fashion as I think the media protects him way too much and I also think he's the ultimate frontrunner.

Rog ain't winning nothing. 

Nole is great for the sport. I'd be bored if I had no one to boo. 

He's an immense talent and crazy good. Which makes it feel great when he does lose. 

Hoping Zverev, Sock, Thiem, Scumbag Nick take it to the next level. 

Kinda want to see how Nick reacts to playing in a slam final. Especially Wimbledon. 

Nole is going to come back super strong for USO. And I'll be there to boo him the whole time. LOL. 

Hoping Zverev, Sock, Thiem, Scumbag Nick take it to the next level. 
Zverev... that kid is good, but probably still a bit too 'raw'... needs more experience.  

Sock... hits huge shots, but at this point, I'd put him behind Zverev, Thiem, NK, etc...

Thiem... this kid has been ridiculous this year... won more matches than Nole, but as many feel, has been playing way too much.  Needs to bring it back down.

NK... what can I say... we love to hate him, but the talent is there no doubt... incredibly talented.  

This is why I rock with SP my dude TheWindScar31 and everyone else in here. True tennis fans that love the game and respect talented players. Props to the NT tennis squad. #Real Fans.

I need more drama on the ATP side. Somebody has to take a set off of Djoker to make it interesting at least.
I wanted drama for Djoker and I got it. I need Querry to "FINISH HIM!" so Roger can get 18 and retire in a perfect world.
thadangerousmind out here cursing people, lol.
mean.gif
Can you do this to everyone in Vee's half? Raonic and Andy too while you're at it, haha.
I love everyone.

I'll be celebrating the 2nd of July forever!
Where you been, fam? It's your jeering that pushes Nole to win. Look what happens when you don't say anything.
mean.gif
laugh.gif

Last edited:
People don't like joker because of all the antics he pulled early in his career. He's the Detroit Pistons of the atp, just bridging the gap between the next great champion

This is why I rock with SP my dude TheWindScar31 and everyone else in here. True tennis fans that love the game and respect talented players. Props to the NT tennis squad. #Real Fans.
Believe it or not, there was once a time when you could support your fav and be respectful of their competitors and their achievements!   Huge Agassi fan, but I never criticized Pete's game or look for excuses to hate the guy.  Sure, it sucked when Agassi lost to him, but I felt that there was respect and appreciation by the fans.  It's so sad nowadays when all the boards and social media is filled with vitriol and people looking for ways to discredit and belittle someone's achievements.  
People don't like joker because of all the antics he pulled early in his career. He's the Detroit Pistons of the atp, just bridging the gap between the next great champion
I don't necessarily see it that way.  I, too, disapproved of his early antics, but for those who really follow the sport, they'll know he's made huge changes to his life to become a better player.  Not saying people should be a fan of his cuz of that, but I think it's more to do with his timing.  He's coming off the tremendous success of Fed and Rafa, both of whom have huge fanbases.  For sure, you're not gonna see those fans (there are a lot of them) support Nole.  Had he come up at a different time, I genuinely think it would be a lot different.  

SP is right. I was a Michael Chang guy myself but that didn't stop me from liking and respecting Dre, Pete or Jim Courier. This new generation of tennis fan is taking cues from other sports fans where they cape for certain players while bashing others. I am a huge Serena Williams fan but when she gets beat, I don't make excuses. I tip my hat to the player and I hope they win. I don't bash them other than Sharapova but that's another story.

You put Nole in any era and he's doing damage. Make no mistake about that, he's a beast. Roger and Rafa are legends but Nole isn't the Pistons to those guys. Roger benefited from a relatively weak field when he racked up a majority of his majors and Rafa outside of a few seasons wasn't Rafa off the clay.

Back
Top Bottom