The Official The-Dream "Love King" Album Discussion Thread

The Panties to the Side promo video.
eek.gif

devil.gif

The Yahama/Nikki (Pt. 2)/ Abyss collab.
pimp.gif

"Nikki" looking good in the video.
pimp.gif

That chick in the business suit could get her cleavage licked EARRRRLY!! *side-eyes Gabrielle*

smh.gif
That Trilogy *#@% could have been alot better. I hate they blew 3 singles like that especially since the transitions I wish for consumers could have been more of a surprise

they should have just went with Turnt Out 3 weeks ago and let it build organically on the radio shoot a video for F.I.L.A. Or if u shoot a 15 min trilogy make it a story and not just random scenes. Why is the Yamaha and Nikki chick the same? They should have used different chicks or atleast go with the real Keshia Dior cause they just hired a impersonator
smh.gif
And no !%*$ but these girls are not going to watch a video of Dream for 15 mins. (You dont even know how many girls i've tried to put on to the dream and they dismiss him cause of how he looks)

I dont know just for a great album the promotion for it sucks this time around imo.

Originally Posted by cartune

smh.gif
That Trilogy *#@% could have been alot better. I hate they blew 3 singles like that especially since the transitions I wish for consumers could have been more of a surprise

Just because he shoots videos for three songs, doesn't mean they were singles.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by treewing

That chick in the business suit could get her cleavage licked EARRRRLY!! *side-eyes Gabrielle*

Really son?

Spoiler [+]

::

Aight I been holding off on dropping a longer analysis on everything The-Dream

First, I'll take the title of being the only person who LIKES "Livin A Lie" with Rihanna
Love the drum kit used and think the verses and chorus arrangements are great
AND
I believe if he had dropped this as his 3rd single, he would've gotten the major pop success which he still complains about not having.
Uptempo pop sound + Rihanna's fame = big for him
Instead, he and/or L.A. Reid chose to continue aiming only at the R&B/Urban fan bases,
which are just as fickle as the mainstream Top 40 pop audience
BUT
the difference is if you come wack on 1 song you can easily gain back the Top 40 crowd with a future hot song.
Meanwhile R&B/Urban audiences = once they turn on you, they've turned forever.

So with that said, there was NO NEED to shoot a video for "Love Your Girl" or release it as a single.
Club DJ's, music fans and even Radio DJ's were spinning that joint like crazy WITHOUT record label push/payola.
Having a remix with Jeezy helped solidify it amongst blogs
My point is that this song came alive on its own and could've helped his career for free if they had let it.
The lackluster video was a waste of budget, promotional time and a slot for a more suited 3rd single [SEE ABOVE]

With the bigger pop single I suggested, he could have had continued success with "Fast Car" as a 4th single
Catchy, uptempo and any simple Internet market research would've found out that hardcore fans loved that song

At this point, most artists are done promoting their album
so if he wanted to he could have released a 5th video for a more personal artistic song I.E. "Nikki"
Do something for his true fans without worrying about radio/popularity success

That's my analysis of LOVE/HATE and why The Dream doesn't have the popularity he complains about not having

and yes I realize most yall wont read this
laugh.gif
  but if you do I'd love to read your thoughts on it

::

Eh, I'm a huge fan but think this album is a watered down version of his first 2.  He doesn't seem to have grown any, and I know i'm not the only one tired of him cussing like a rapper.  But the beats/melodies/arrangements are crazy as usual.\

Love/Have >Love vs. Money > Love King

after 4 spins all the way through this album is really good, if u have only listened 1 time dont judge it yet, keep listening. Great album.

Them chicks in that video lookin REAL GOOD.

Im Listening to the album now its real good so far. The ending of Yamaha into Nikki pt 2 and Abyss is dope as hell.

The first time I played the cd, it sounded very off. Then after a couple of more times playing it, the cd is very good.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
8.5/10

Originally Posted by America Bambaataa

eek.gif
This is one of the worst R&B (???) records I've ever heard.

I had to throw on some Dam-Funk "I Wanna Thank You" immediately after.
cosign it seems like he regressed with every album. turnt out couldve been crack if it wasnt for that "falsetto"
sick.gif
. its catchy but still

Great album!!!

Sex Intelligent + Sex Intelligent (Remix)
eek.gif
smh.gif

Go out and support the :Love King" album NT fam..

Back
Top Bottom