The Official Wimbledon Thread vol.. Fed v. Rafa

Venus was absolutely destroyed today. I think it's time for her to retire.

Actually a Scotsman winning Wimbledon would be a massive blow to lot of english people but he's going to have to improve his serve and his focus before we can start dreaming about that.......

Well I dunno if she should retire, but her form was really poor today. Errors and DF's. Just a bad day at the office I suppose.

Meanwhile, the Spice Girls are back!
They're here for an exhibition, I think.

^
Until his previous match, he was killing it. I think they dropped only 2 sets the whole tournament so far.

Nadal is gonna be working hard versus Soderling unless Soderling decides to come to the court without the proper mentality.

The reason I think Vee needs to retire is because she no longer has the heart that she did in the past. In the past if you wanted to beat her you had to pull it from her cold dead hands. Now, if you win the first set Vee folds like a deck of cards which is hard to watch.

fed went out early
eek.gif
... nadal coming up

Makes me even angrier that Roddick lost, this would have been a good chance for him to win it smgdh.

Berdych looked phenomenal though.

Originally Posted by Proshares

Makes me even angrier that Roddick lost, this would have been a good chance for him to win it smgdh.

Berdych looked phenomenal though.
IMO, Roddick wouldn't have been able to beat either Djoker or Berdych.
Rafa's in a bit of trouble too.  I'd like to see Murray go all the way.

Berdych was fantastic today.  Served very well and out hit Fed.  Fed couldn't find his forehand.  

271b759346cefa707bb083ab51cea9a2-getty-98958054th174_the_champions.jpg
a99c5c449fff7192b3571589b8351e61-getty-98958054th107_the_champions.jpg

Berdych was outstanding today absolutly tremendous

Murray needs to be positive against Tsonga esp 1st set set the tone

A few more interesting tidbits...

-Fed will drop to world-#-3 for the first time since Nov 2003.
-This is the first time he hasn't been able to reach the finals of a grass- court tourney since 2002

The Williamses also lost in the womens doubles QF, which to me, was a bigger surprise than Venus losing yesterday in the singles.

Sinner P with the stats!

Murray needs to get his act together quickly, looks like he's feeling the expectation today

That was a great tiebreak for Murray. Hopefully he has the momentum now.

Originally Posted by Andrew630

federer federer federer...
ohwell.gif
ohwell.gif
ohwell.gif

I can't believe Fed's current form compared to how he was playing in Australia. During that run he looked as good as he has aside from his god mode years. His movement, forehand, and backhand were clicking which led to whispers of a possible calender grand slam run. Now watching him the past few weeks you wonder what the hell happened so fast? I can't see his age having that big of an effect in such a short period of time. Hopefully he he figures out what the hell went wrong and gets back into form before his hard court season resumes in Toronto.

....and my dream would be for him to steal Stefanki from Roddick.

^ The thing is, he's a victim of his own success. He's been so off-the-hook these past few years that we expect perfection from him everytime he steps onto the court. Yeah, he's looked very mediocre over the past few months, but for a lot of players winning 1 grand slam, and getting into the quarters of 2 others is still a very good year. He's still relatively young (28 I think), so its not age. He mentioned something about injuries, but really, a lot of athletes (not just tennis players) are playing with some sort of injury. Ultimately, I guess he's just falling a bit back down to earth. No doubt he'll bounce back, but he's really lost that aura of invincibility...

Anyway, men's semis today... Berdych up a set on Djoker

Why does ESPN keep lying about what tennis they have on? The guide says Men's Semifinals but when I checked at half time of the World Cup game it was a replay of a women's match.

Originally Posted by The Yes Guy

Why does ESPN keep lying about what tennis they have on? The guide says Men's Semifinals but when I checked at half time of the World Cup game it was a replay of a women's match.
ESPN only has the rights to air the 1st SF match. The 2nd is going to be on NBC.

Murray had his chances, but Rafa was just too good.
Pretty much summed up his night...

652bcf41a8fa4d0997553bf3d767a0dd-getty-98954125th406_the_champions.jpg

Your finalists.

2b8b2d704190ca2d935f0e918f718021-getty-98954125th145_the_champions.jpg
4dee489a786f4b03517e8357b72bce14-getty-98954125th376_the_champions.jpg

1486d2790071a21ebd8cb6c7265ebbd1-getty-98861834th064_the_champions.jpg
bdcad5a76cd2acba085f85003687c269-getty-98861834th178_the_champions.jpg

Back
Top Bottom