The Official Write Your Own Bot/RSVP Thread - Asking to buy one = Restricted from thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

I've thought about this idea in the past also and just to take it one step further, make people pay for the full purchase or at least preauthorize the full amount just so resellers can't load up on preorders with only 10% down.

The only reason I can see them not wanting to do this is that it would kill the current retailers(footlocker, finish line, etc) and also kill the general release resale market but who cares about doing things the way they've always been done in 2013.
I don't think retailers make much off limited releases or jordan releases. They make more off of accessories, general releases, and clothing. Nike is loving the hype that generates from these releases. Making a shoe available for pre order would eventually result in fewer sales because the idea of having an exclusive pair of kicks would die. I love the idea because people would only get what they like and it would kill the resell market but that isnt what Nike wants. 
Buying kicks will NEVER be fair for people who have to work.
Can't sit in front of a computer all day to RSVP.
Can't pick up the RSVPed shoes within the pickup window.
Can't camp out.
Can't go out to enter raffles.
It goes on and on.

If you're following an RSVP service what happens? I'm lost on this...
Evilside blocked all users who are following a RSVP service. This suggests that he either isnt a fan of them or people who use their services. Pretty sure the rsvp services could follow him anyway if they created a dummy twitter account but at least it forced them to jump through another hoop

Depending on how successful the manual RSVP goes. I may make it even more difficult for the Red Octobers.

Making people create twitter and IG accounts under the same name. And produce a tag image with a copy of a certain magazine.

LOL!

Evilside blocked all users who are following a RSVP service. This suggests that he either isnt a fan of them or people who use their services. Pretty sure the rsvp services could follow him anyway if they created a dummy twitter account but at least it forced them to jump through another hoop
I didn't even know I was following one of the RSVP services since I just use Tweetdeck for everything but hell I'll take the punishment for the helping build up the hype on the RSVP sites...

Last edited:
Its not hard to just create a new account if you really feel the need to follow.

I just complain about the lack of half-loaf bread on that account.

True, it's as simple as cake. Just the first time I was ever blocked from anything so I thought it was kind of funny. LMAO

Its not hard to just create a new account if you really feel the need to follow.

I just complain about the lack of half-loaf bread on that account.

No I'm good not making another Twitter acct don't really use the one I have now but thank you for fighting the good fight

lets do this tomorrow. i'll laugh so hard if im faster than the bots.... there's still hope for human somewhere in the corner. you ready evilside? you must be exhausted with all the kids asking you all kind of elementary questions. by this time if people are still wondering how stuff work they just aren't ready period

damn. closed db5 thread correlates to my DM blowing up.
a new one was opened immediately after the original one closed

lets do this tomorrow. i'll laugh so hard if im faster than the bots.... there's still hope for human somewhere in the corner. you ready evilside? you must be exhausted with all the kids asking you all kind of elementary questions. by this time if people are still wondering how stuff work they just aren't ready period
someone will always be late to the party

Top of the morning to you fellas.... currently a little cloudy in the DMV but the forecast calls for a pleasant weekend 
glasses.gif

I kept thinking you guys are talking about Department of Motor Vehicle for some reason lol. Anyways, Good morning thread. Up and early at work doing the same old stuff... reading shoe forums.

Last edited:
I kept think you guys are talking about Department of Motor Vehicle for some reason lol. Anyways, Good morning thread. Up and early at work doing the same old stuff... reading shoe forums.

Lol, I think the same thing at times(DMV thing). The weather should be good this weekend in NYC too.

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope the hash tag is easy so I can tell Siri to enter it for me. I tried Doernbecher and she put in doorman *facepalm*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom