The Official Write Your Own Bot/RSVP Thread - Asking to buy one = Restricted from thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
thinking nike can track the IP for add to cart and IP for checkout

Glad I stayed away from this. Was going to ask my gf to checkout at her house but she knocked out. Had to do it solo. But only got one anyways. But for future reference.

Last edited:
Ill try to get more information one thing to mention is the fact that the nike rep said

"we have received a few calls about this today, dont know whats going on but some orders are being sent back to out warehouse"

i think the ADD TO CART ip and CHECKOUT ip theory is real.

for this release i had 3 computers set up.

computer A added to cart and checked out with computer A. for this package i haven't received any shipping/cancel notification and it is still pending.

computer B had 3 virtual machines set up (B1, B2, B3) computer B1 added to cart and checked out with computer B2. this one got canceled. (same router ip)

computer B3 added to cart with checked out with computer B3. this one got shipped. (with different ip address vs B1 and B2)

the ip theory confirmed?

i think the ADD TO CART ip and CHECKOUT ip theory is real.

for this release i had 3 computers set up.

computer A added to cart and checked out with computer A. for this package i haven't received any shipping/cancel notification and it is still pending.

computer B had 3 virtual machines set up (B1, B2, B3) computer B1 added to cart and checked out with computer B2. this one got canceled. (same router ip)

computer B3 added to cart with checked out with computer B3. this one got shipped. (with different ip address vs B1 and B2)

the ip theory confirmed?
Your theory is flawed, If Computer A and Computer B are at the same location using the same modem to access the internet all of your orders checked out under the same ip.

Using a virtual machine doesn't change your external ip.

its always interesting on Monday's. I thought it usually Saturday and Sunday they do cancels

all my expierences with poxies have drastically slowed down my connection 
nerd.gif
 i dont use them much and havent done research on them tho...

I've noticed that I cant even sign in with some of these proxies.

But maybe I should just checkout as guest.

Last edited:
I've noticed that I can even sign in with some of these proxies.

But maybe I should just checkout as guest.
ive heard guest checkout with giftcards is the way to go, and pay for the giftcards with cash at NTs. i always go through paypal and so far no canceled orders. 

So Meg is calling people now? Does she leave a message saying " I got you MFer!" What if you don't answer the phone? I wonder what the percentage of cancelled orders over non-cancelled orders was for the DB 5s.  Sounds like the majority of people who were able to purchase them are now getting hit with cancellations. OR is everyone staying quite and hoping they don't here from Meg?

i may have to do the giftcards next time.

how does the checkout verification work on those?

do they check name, billing address, shipping address or anything like they do on a credit card?

for greendot and prepaid debit cards there are some verification steps. im curious as to what nike gift cards do.

for the proxy, i added to cart under a shared IP and purchased it by opening another browser that was being redirected via proxy. so technically, the add and checkout ips were different. wonder why that one got shipped...

do they check name, billing address, shipping address or anything like they do on a credit card?

for greendot and prepaid debit cards there are some verification steps. im curious as to what nike gift cards do.

for the proxy, i added to cart under a shared IP and purchased it by opening another browser that was being redirected via proxy. so technically, the add and checkout ips were different. wonder why that one got shipped...
Well they are gonna need the billing and shipping address so they know who to give it to lol.

get a po box, a friends house, your second house, work address, ect... there are ways around this, just like everyone who got banned did

When I checked out, it was the same as usual: billing address, shipping address, etc. and just enter the giftcard number and pin and you're good to go. Only negative part of this was it took me too long to fill out the info and my other pair was released. Nike definitely shortened the checkout time because I am usually very quick. 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom