The Official Write Your Own Bot/RSVP Thread - Asking to buy one = Restricted from thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Footlocker updated their website so that's something I know a lot of people have said they haven't cared. Not sure how hard the fix is but a little progress from FL but it's a toss up anyway haha

Buying at footlocker is so annoying. "Item are currently in other customer cart" even if you click exactly at 5:00am

Buying at footlocker is so annoying. "Item are currently in other customer cart" even if you click exactly at 5:00am
It is annoying but I like it more than Nike. Don't have to worry about cancellation once you get it and it's basically luck anyway

Best way to rid bots is to have the servers crash as soon as the product shows up on the site like the old days :lol:

Footlocker updated their website so that's something I know a lot of people have said they haven't cared. Not sure how hard the fix is but a little progress from FL but it's a toss up anyway haha
It's interesting to see that FTL updated their site but the sisters sites of EB, FA, Champs are still the older site where the bots work.

I wonder if the rest of the sites will get updated by tomorrow to stop the bots.

The best way to get rid of bots (that I can think of) is to use a captcha that requires mental process outside of the computer. So instead of  just having a picture with words circled or distorted letters that can be processed, you require people to random answer questions like:

What is the month that comes before the month that Christmas is celebrated?

In which popular movie did Al Pacino die in blazing glory?
Name two NBA teams that Lebron James has played for?  

(That doesn't solve the problem 100%, but I assume that it will require some high level google search parsing to ensure that the answer provided is correct all of the time)

Another way is to use TLO to forward people to a Java-like trivia game of some sort that you have to play through. And as the last step of the game you get to pick the size of the shoe you want. Also, restrict requests for the shoes to be passed only by the game. Those who strike out get a %discount\$5 giftcard off of their next TLO purchase.

Again, Im not saying any of this is unexploitable, but it makes it a hell of a lot harder than a Twitter API scanner and some simple JS.

Oh, I can't wait until people complain because they can't read or think logically as fast as others.

It is annoying but I like it more than Nike. Don't have to worry about cancellation once you get it and it's basically luck anyway
Its not luck and its actually worse than ndc, the footlocker bot problem is a lot more widespread.

People hate ndc because its over so quickly, bot users swoop in early and by the time manual users get to a page sizes are already in cart.

The problem with footlockers system and their random checkout time is once a pair is in cart and you receive a checkout time you can basically can go back to adding more pairs to cart.  So one person can cop 10 pair on a typical jb gr.

Its not luck and its actually worse than ndc, the footlocker bot problem is a lot more widespread.

People hate ndc because its over so quickly, bot users swoop in early and by the time manual users get to a page sizes are already in cart.

The problem with footlockers system and their random checkout time is once a pair is in cart and you receive a checkout time you can basically can go back to adding more pairs to cart.  So one person can cop 10 pair on a typical jb gr.
I've never tried multiple pairs before on FTL.

So you're telling me add shoe #1 to cart, get in the timered "queue". Go back add shoe #2, #3, #4 etc. while waiting for the timer. Then when the timer runs out, your cart will have all pairs in cart for checkout?

The transaction will go through with multiple pairs on a single order and it won't get cancelled?

I've never tried multiple pairs before on FTL.

So you're telling me add shoe #1 to cart, get in the timered "queue". Go back add shoe #2, #3, #4 etc. while waiting for the timer. Then when the timer runs out, your cart will have all pairs in cart for checkout?

The transaction will go through with multiple pairs on a single order and it won't get cancelled?
Not the same order or cart, you have to use the other sites(eastbay, footaction, and champs) and multiple carts.  Its a huge waste of time to me but someone is doing it.

Not the same order or cart, you have to use the other sites(eastbay, footaction, and champs) and multiple carts.  Its a huge waste of time to me but someone is doing it.
Ahh yeah thanks for clarifying. Last time I ordered I had to pull out one extra pair of 4s from the Fear Pack since the bot added 2 to the same cart and I didn't want to risk the order getting cancelled.

Question for those familiar: Does EB/FA/FTL/Champs let you do multiple orders on the same site with the same account of the same pair or do they cancel the second order like NDC does?

from my experience, eastbay doesn't give a ****.

i've got 3 pairs of KD V AP's add to cart in the same order.

they processed and shipped it next day.

opened the box to see 3 pairs of KD 5's in the same size.

platinum membership is awesome.

from my experience, eastbay doesn't give a ****.

i've got 3 pairs of KD V AP's add to cart in the same order.

they processed and shipped it next day.

opened the box to see 3 pairs of KD 5's in the same size.

platinum membership is awesome.
Eastbay will only raise a stink if they think your multiple orders involves some sort of fraud.

Last edited:
Eastbay/footlocker/footaction seems to be pretty fair. They don't release all the product at one time. Plus having 3 sites for 1 warehouse levels the playing field a bit. I have a bot but usually don't need it. Persistence is the key with them.

Best way to rid bots is to have the servers crash as soon as the product shows up on the site like the old days
laugh.gif
At this point it sounds like the best "we" can do 

laugh.gif

Eastbay/footlocker/footaction seems to be pretty fair. They don't release all the product at one time. Plus having 3 sites for 1 warehouse levels the playing field a bit. I have a bot but usually don't need it. Persistence is the key with them.

having 3 sites for 1 person to order off of each is fair?
also, did you read what people said about bots getting it in before regular users have a chance?

interesting.

having 3 sites for 1 person to order off of each is fair?
also, did you read what people said about bots getting it in before regular users have a chance?

interesting.
But the Eastbay bot only helps you from getting carpal tunnel. Really not that much of an advantage to someone who is clicking add to cart over and over again at all.

Once, in a clicking frenzy, I didnt realize I added to cart. Kept clicking and eastbay wouldn't let me add the 2nd pair to cart. Not that I wanted 2 pairs, I just didn't realize 1 was added to my cart. Surprised that people are able to add multiple, 1 per customer, items...

I never got a chance to get item added to cart manually on FTL/EB/Champs/FA. Always in other customers' cart. I usually turn on my bot and it keeps run adding until it's added and open up a browser, sit down wait for check out.

Depends on the shoe. The only thing is if you have a bot running for Eastbay champs Footaction footlocker then you have 4 pairs. You just have to pay shipping multiple times which is irrelevant to many.

Nobody is getting in before the timer ends on eastbay etc . All the customers computers aren't in synch together. there can be up to a 5-15 sec difference (these are not exact numbers but used to illustrate a point). If you have ever refreshed during the timer you might see a 5 second difference. Also by them releasing additional pairs randomly after 8ET that's about as fair as you're going to get with bots involved. Lastly the bots have nothing to do with they're checkout countdown it all depends on how busy they're servers are. Have you ever had the timer get down to 1 min only for it to reset to 5min?

Ive been able to add shoes to my wishlist before the release at 8 am. From my wishlist I can click add to cart, but it will not add until 8.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom