The Official Write Your Own Bot/RSVP Thread - Asking to buy one = Restricted from thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
If i'm attempting to get a shoe from multiple websites (nike, footlocker etc) using various bots is it okay to do it on the same computer? i'm guessing no because it will slow each bot down.

am i better off using a different computer for each bot / website?

depends on the speed of your computer. your internet connection plays a huge part too. you can use different cpus but if they're all going off your home connection its gonna split up the speed...lessening your chances. the ideal setup is multiple cpus with their own connections...not a routed connection, a unique isp for each cpu...or google fiber or verizon fios. Fast is fast...

It's not that serious, latency is more important than overall speed. Multiple pcs only help if you have multiple hands, you can easily cop 10 pairs with an average laptop.

You do not need more than 1 PC or ISP to buy multiple pairs of shoes.

i'm on page 10.. still lost... and I know some Python, CSS, HTML and a little Java ... and have the Ivan bot

problem is the thread started at step 3.. no links to read up or anything

Someone posts java and then there's a bunch of filler

I salute the effort but this thread sis more of an 'Official Bot Progammer thread'

like I said I'm just on page 10

and s/o to Method for dropping that eastbay bot ... every little bit helps

depends on the speed of your computer. your internet connection plays a huge part too. you can use different cpus but if they're all going off your home connection its gonna split up the speed...lessening your chances. the ideal setup is multiple cpus with their own connections...not a routed connection, a unique isp for each cpu...or google fiber or verizon fios. Fast is fast...

my laptop is pretty decent it's a few years old but an alienware.

I have the highest speed brighthouse offers it's 90mbps i usually get about 70 through wireless.

i'm looking to set up a PC hardwired into the router. and then my laptop and my iphone on wireless.

i'm going to be using a nikebot and a footaction bot and then a seperate nike app for the iphone.

so i guess my question is should i run the footaction bot and nikebot simultaneously on each computer or dedicate a comp to each website / bot.

It's not that serious, latency is more important than overall speed. Multiple pcs only help if you have multiple hands, you can easily cop 10 pairs with an average laptop.

okay cool thanks! what is latency and how do i check it and make it better?

but doesn't nike flag your account if there are multiple orders to the same IP?

Like everyone else I'm waiting for method to update his script.    I used Selenium to do an infinite loop on pdp_addtocart nothing too sophisticated. 
what is actually broke about? when i click something it still adds to cart.
but doesn't nike flag your account if there are multiple orders to the same IP?
is this actually true?? seems like it would be issues with that.

what is actually broke about? when i click something it still adds to cart.

is this actually true?? seems like it would be issues with that.

i think your okay if you don't do more than two per IP.

but if nike suspects your using help they will look at your ordering history. if your getting multiple pairs of all the limited shoes to the same IP every week they will know somethings up and likely ban you.

Actually, it would be in Nike's best interest to NOT admit to a raffle system online.

Such a thing is regulated by the state and different laws apply.  And it can get legally messy.

Which is probably why you never see any online raffles that span multiple states.  

Sweepstakes are fine - if entries are mailed in. 

Not sure how they got away with the Red Yeezy raffle though - that was online. 

Actually, it would be in Nike's best interest to NOT admit to a raffle system online.

Such a thing is regulated by the state and different laws apply.  And it can get legally messy.

Which is probably why you never see any online raffles that span multiple states.  

Sweepstakes are fine - if entries are mailed in. 

Not sure how they got away with the Red Yeezy raffle though - that was online. 
What raffle? kanyewest.com raffle, duh.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom