The Official Write Your Own Bot/RSVP Thread - Asking to buy one = Restricted from thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
now ya need a silent restock bot
frown.gif

from my experience, eastbay doesn't give a ****.
i've got 3 pairs of KD V AP's add to cart in the same order.
they processed and shipped it next day.
opened the box to see 3 pairs of KD 5's in the same size.
platinum membership is awesome.

Did that shoe have a one per customer limit though?

Awww. The good ole days, when Nikestore crashed every time and I got through on the phones. Got DB 4's that way.

Can it be that it was all so simple then

1. FROM THE MOMENT YOUR BROWSER HITS NIKE.COM, THEY ARE TRACKING EVERY DETAIL THAT YOU DO ON THE SITE. FROM MOUSE MOVEMENTS, IP ADDRESS, BROWSING HISTORY, EVEN INFORMATION ABOUT THE COMPUTER YOU ARE BROWSING ON IS LOGGED BY NIKE.
I can confirm this is nothing new at all. Especially around my area, even small co. have been using this service for awhile now. (Mouseflow.com) check it out.

I believe EB updated, it appears that a bot doesn't work on launch releases but work for older products

Edit just tried again and it works and also able to add multiple pairs to cart. It wouldn't allow this during the first hour for the foamposites

Last edited:
Bigger thing with a lot of Shopify sites is actually getting through with the site not crashing, at least in my experience.

nice work.. thats above my comprehension level... but its definitely a need for that on kith... 
Thanks. Up until yesterday the closest thing to programming I had done was a bit of VBA for Excel macros. I had never worked with JavaScript before in my life and somehow managed to create something so useful from scratch. The hardest part was figuring out how to select the size. It took a lot of googling to figure that one out.

Thanks. Up until yesterday the closest thing to programming I had done was a bit of VBA for Excel macros. I had never worked with JavaScript before in my life and somehow managed to create something so useful from scratch. The hardest part was figuring out how to select the size. It took a lot of googling to figure that one out.
Thanks for enlightenment (part 2 
wink.gif
 ). Guess that how's it came about when you mentioned it during the Clot release. Great idea btw and great execution.

There's no official restock thread and nowhere else to really express what Nike is doing in their combat for fairness. Here is my experience. 

Since a restock was foreshadowed last Monday, I immediately located the champ pack link and started refreshing (pressing F5, no page monitor, etc.). I added to cart manually (couldn't even get my size on first try) and inputted my card info manually (even had to re-enter because I inputted the card # incorrectly on the first try). 

For the record I did add to cart obviously before the tweet came out because its, well, a restock (not TLO). 

I was shocked and thought "wow, I actually got the champ pack and beat out the 'bots'". 

Received a cancellation for "unauthorized use of site/commitment to fairness". 

Called Meg in excess of 100 times over a 3 day period (I hate leaving voicemails). 

Finally got a hold of her yesterday. She tells me the reason I was cancelled could be due to automation, scripting, checking out on different IP address, early access, or some type of add to cart services. I asked if she can tell me why I was cancelled. I was told no because her IT provides a list and she only does the cancelling. Explained the only thing that even sounds applicable is that I was on the site before the restock was tweeted. Meg stated this would be early access. I then went on to explain how I used their link tweeted from the original launch and simply hit refresh which ANYONE could do. Asked how would that be early access. She then told me "we don't even know why you were cancelled, it could be for something else." I told her that none of the other reasons even apply. Explained it makes no sense how someone can be cancelled for 'early access' on a restock when the link is provided by them previously. She repeatedly stated "we don't even know why you were cancelled" and we'll take your feedback for future restocks. I asked to speak with a supervisor. She tried saying only she can handle this and there is no supervisor. I asked for IT team to speak with them. She stated there are 'multiple teams' that handle releases and determine what is violating their terms and conditions. Advised that clearly nobody relayed the message to them that you can't be violating for early access on a link that was already provided, that it would make no sense. Asked her what would happen if the 'silent restock' for the DB 5 was tweeted 5 min later, would everyone be cancelled? She then repeated "we don't even know why you were cancelled and we'll take your feedback for future restocks. You're not getting your shoes." I explained it isn't about the shoes anymore, this is about personal integrity and the fact they are cancelling legitimate orders and don't care to investigate. Meg stated they don't have time to investigate all cancellations so they don't do it anymore. Asked how can IT team be accountable because they are clearly not 100% accurate. She insisted they were. I stated "so you are okay with cancelling legitimate orders as collateral damage in your fight against people cheating". She repeated "we don't even know why you were cancelled and we'll take your feedback." 

Conversation ended sour because she couldn't provide me a supervisor, a name in corporate to speak with, or anyone on the IT team to speak with. Basically how I interpret it, "we don't care as long as we have someone else to sell to". 

TLDR: Nike is okay with cancelling legit orders as collateral damage. 

I know this is a LOT to read but I feel it shows how much Nike truly CARES about their consumers. 

Lol.. damn nice story im pretty sure nike corp will be looking into the IT having to just sit hours and hours looking at orders, because for corp its all about $$ dont matter who buys a product.

Lol.. damn nice story im pretty sure nike corp will be looking into the IT having to just sit hours and hours looking at orders, because for corp its all about $$ dont matter who buys a product.
If that's true than why have they banned people from buying their products?

Before anyone saying meg is "hearing" ur case has she ever canceled and order and then canceled the cancellation and reshipped it? 

Before anyone saying meg is "hearing" ur case has she ever canceled and order and then canceled the cancellation and reshipped it? 

Haven't heard anyone claiming that yet. If someone pulled that off, they can't be talking with her about shoe.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom