The Old PlayStation Thread | *NEW THREAD IS UP*

Capcom Fighters Network announced

View media item 1715168
The Capcom Fighters Network (CFN) is a community building tool that will be directly built into the online infrastructure of Street Fighter V.
Here is a list of some of the things that you’ll be able to do in-game via CFN:

• See where battles are happening all over the world on a “heat map”
  • View player profiles and detailed match statistics
  • Designate “rivals” throughout the world and monitor their performance
  • Register friends and follow your favorite players
  • Search and watch replay files
  • Send online battle invitations
  • Check out the latest patch and tournament news

And much more!
We’ll have more concrete details on all the various CFN features at a later date, but just to whet your appetite, here are some work-in-progress screenshots. The main CFN screen shows the “heat map” and will look something like this:

View media item 1715169
Each blinking light on the world map represents a pocket of active users that are engaged in online battles. With the heat map, you’ll be able see where all the action is taking place and even be able to drill down to the individual players who are fighting, in order to check out their profile information, past match history, replays, and even send them a fight request.
As Street Fighter V will be at the forefront of our eSports activities upon release, we wanted to make sure that players had access to all the statistical data possible to help analyze their weaknesses and improve their game.

The game tracks not only online win/loss records, but fine detail stats such as “how many light punches did you land,” “how many throws did you tech,” “in what ways did you win the match,” and much, much more. We are confident that players will appreciate this new knowledge and use it to push themselves to the next level and rise above the competition.

View media item 1715170
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015...ducing-karin-and-the-capcom-fighters-network/

They're integrating the game and it's online component straight into the FGC from the beginning.
This is going to be huge. I'm really impressed with what Capcom's doing.

Last edited:
that map makes me wonder. Is that how maps are shown in geography books in Japan?

That looks awesome tho. I need to improve my game. Love fighters but I SUCK at them.

I was playing FF12 this week basically just grinding adding to my inventory..game never gets old

**Also heard FF12 HD is not happening

From whom?

I have seen a couple articles stating as much, but all of them use the composer confirming, then SE back tracking as the excuse as to why it isnt coming out. I saw it as SE just trying to cover up the leak. 

X/X-2 HD did so well you would think it'd have to be almost a guarantee at this point. 

I know it's coming I just wish it was coming tomorrow :lol:

Luckily Tales of Zestiria is coming next month and then Xenoblade Chronicles X in December. JRPG fans have something to play this fall.

Still on blackout but it sounds like it's not much being shown here.
    Cant wait for the trailer on Saturday. Like how Noctis and Luna contrast one another (Noctis short hair dark clothes,Luna long hair white clothes)

Wonder when are we going to see this "villans of all villans" in FF 15

I know it's coming I just wish it was coming tomorrow
laugh.gif

Luckily Tales of Zestiria is coming next month and then Xenoblade Chronicles X in December. JRPG fans have something to play this fall.
How far did you get in Xillia 2? I have it sitting in front of me in it's wrapping. 
mean.gif

I need to start it next week for sure.

I know it's coming I just wish it was coming tomorrow :lol:

How far did you get in Xillia 2? I have it sitting in front of me in it's wrapping. :smh:

I need to start it next week for sure.
i beat it and got either one or two of the three possible endings. It was probably my second least favorite Tales game (behind Symphonia). I thought the story was meh. I did find it a lot more challenging compared to other Tales games and did enjoy the side quests.

Can we all agree that Tales of Symphonia >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

A lot of you might not have played it since the PS4 version only came out in Japan so westerners had to stick to the GC version.

Imo it's a top 10 JRPG game. You are seriously doing yourself a disfavor I'd you don't ever play it.

So now I gotta destroy my stomach, going to Taco Bell every day :smh:
don't do it bro. Had some terrible diarrhea that couldn't even wait til I got home and a stomach virus the last time I ate there. Every day would make me lose a lot of weight :lol:

Can we all agree that Tales of Symphonia >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

A lot of you might not have played it since the PS4 version only came out in Japan so westerners had to stick to the GC version.

Imo it's a top 10 JRPG game. You are seriously doing yourself a disfavor I'd you don't ever play it.
I wouldn't put it top 10 for me personally, but it is very good. Beats out Xillia as best Tales game for me.

Also, it came over in this package. Dawn of the New World is trash though. 
laugh.gif

Tales_of_Symphonia_Chronicles_Boxart.jpg

Last edited:
Just for kicks, my Top 10 JRPG's of all time.

Only rule is that you can only have one game from each franchise.

1. FF IX

2. Wild ARMS 2

3. Chrono Trigger

3. Suikoden II

4. Dragon Quest 8

5. Grandia III

6. Star Ocean: The Last Hope

7. Legend of Legaia

8. Skies of Arcadia

9. Valkyria Chronicles

10. Vandal Hearts

Honorable Mentions

Tales of Symphonia

Xenogears

Persona 4

Legend of Dragoon

Secret of Mana

Tactics Ogre

Dark Cloud

Azure Dreams

Lunar: Silver Star Story Complete

Last edited:
Just for kicks, my Top 10 JRPG's of all time.

Only rule is that you can only have one game from each franchise.

1. FF IX
2. Wild ARMS 2
3. Chrono Trigger
3. Suikoden II
4. Dragon Quest 8
5. Grandia III
6. Star Ocean: The Last Hope
7. Legend of Legaia
8. Skies of Arcadia
9. Valkyria Chronicles
10. Vandal Hearts

Honorable Mentions
Tales of Symphonia
Xenogears
Persona 4
Legend of Dragoon
Secret of Mana
Tactics Ogre
Dark Cloud
Azure Dreams
Lunar: Silver Star Story Complete
Give me some time to think :lol:

I didn't care for Symphonia, it's my least favorite Tales game. Vesperia > Graces > ___

Back
Top Bottom