The Old PlayStation Thread | *NEW THREAD IS UP*

That's a solid list. I never played Earthbound or Blue Dragon. Only got 5 hours into Lost Odyssey. 

LOVED Eternal Sonata. First great RPG experience with my PS3. Ni No Kuni was also extremely good. Missed it in my HM.

I liked Pokemon, but I only ever played Red.
Did you not like LO? I felt like it was very underrated. I think infirm would have been a PS3 title it would have did better. That's the last console game I've played that felt like a traditional FF game imo.
It was good, I just couldnt get invested in the characters at all. I had no real drive to go back to it. Then it just got lost in the backlog.

Always wanted to play lost odyssey but I don't mess with xbox :lol:
Imo Xbox was killing PS in the beginning as far as JRPGs go. Tales of Vesperia, Eternal Sonata (timed exclusive), Star Ocean 4 (timed exclusive), Lost Odyssey, Blue Dragon were all great games.

That's a solid list. I never played Earthbound or Blue Dragon. Only got 5 hours into Lost Odyssey. 

LOVED Eternal Sonata. First great RPG experience with my PS3. Ni No Kuni was also extremely good. Missed it in my HM.

I liked Pokemon, but I only ever played Red.
Did you not like LO? I felt like it was very underrated. I think infirm would have been a PS3 title it would have did better. That's the last console game I've played that felt like a traditional FF game imo.

It was good, I just couldnt get invested in the characters at all. I had no real drive to go back to it. Then it just got lost in the backlog.
I can agree with that. I told my brother that the theme of the game seemed so depressing that it made a drag at times. Once I finished it though, I realized it was one of my all time favorites.

Imo Xbox was killing PS in the beginning as far as JRPGs go. Tales of Vesperia, Eternal Sonata (timed exclusive), Star Ocean 4 (timed exclusive), Lost Odyssey, Blue Dragon were all great games.

I played and enjoyed Sonata and SO4... I've never even heard of blue dragon :wow:

Is there a non-import PS3 version of Vesperia?

Last edited:

I played and enjoyed Sonata and SO4... I've never even heard of blue dragon :wow:

Is there a non-import PS3 version of Vesperia?
Blue Dragon was made by Mistwalker, same company that made Lost Odyssey. It dropped before LO.

Unfortunately no. Vesperia only released on Xbox here on NA. There's a fan translation out there but you have to mod your PS3 or something like that.

According to PS Blog poll, MGS is best PS1 game of all time.

1. (Platinum) Metal Gear Solid
2. (Gold) Final Fantasy VII
3. (Silver) Crash Bandicoot
4. (Bronze) Crash Bandicoot: Warped

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/09/10/poll-vote-for-the-best-playstation-game-of-all-time/

Last edited:
Damn.. I would love to play all of those titles but I won't be buying an xbox anytime soon...

Looks like they tallied those GOAT psx titles incorrectly :lol:

Damn.. I would love to play all of those titles but I won't be buying an xbox anytime soon...

Looks like they tallied those GOAT psx titles incorrectly :lol:

Yeah you're right.

1. Castlevania SOTN
2. Final Fantasy IX
3. Final Fanatsy VII
4. Could care less what goes here :lol:

q2ekgwv185xy.png

I just finished my second playthrough of Arkham Knight

Joker's dialogue is perfect :lol:

R* remastering any of their past gen games :lol:

Oh how we could all wish & dream for...but it ain't happening.

Didnt they remaster the PS2 GTA games for cell phones?
As far as I know, they were just ports. I don't think they've actually remastered any of their games since the Vice City/GTAIII pack that was released for the original XBox. I remember how disappointed I was when I downloaded San Andreas on the 360 and it ended up basically being a port of the mobile version.:x

I haven't heard much from anything about deep down. Has there been any news about when it may be coming out?

Tried playing a bit of Destiny. Dark Souls/Bloodborne ruined me, this game sucks now, or maybe it just always sucked. I'm not sure. I just have no desire to play it, when I hear people talk about farming in it , it just sounds exhausting now.

Oh well, back to Dark Souls 2 :smile:

Tried playing a bit of Destiny. Dark Souls/Bloodborne ruined me, this game sucks now, or maybe it just always sucked. I'm not sure. I just have no desire to play it, when I hear people talk about farming in it , it just sounds exhausting now.

Oh well, back to Dark Souls 2 :smile:

Game sucks, fam.

I haven't heard much from anything about deep down. Has there been any news about when it may be coming out?

I'm guessing fall 2016. I remember them showing it when the ps4 was announced. Gifs on the first few pages were :wow:

Back
Top Bottom