The Old PlayStation Thread | *NEW THREAD IS UP*

It makes sense that it would drop 2017 for the 20th anniversary of the game releasing :nerd:

Just finished the Uncharted demo.

It's the same demo for Uncharted 2 at E3 2009.
Feels weirdly fast in 60fps :lol:
Can definitely notice the resolution bump and improvement in IQ.

It makes sense that it would drop 2017 for the 20th anniversary of the game releasing :nerd:
My thoughts exact;y but late 2017.

Last edited:
I'm trying to demo out tonight.

This is gonna mess me up from finishing MGS V

Out of all the games listed only UC 4 on my radar. Not really sold on the rest, I'm not a RPG guy as most know. Man I can't even play Shenmue 1 again, it would have been smart to drop 1 again, its been wayyyyy too long.

Overall the upcoming Xbox exclusive lineup has my attention more. I can def be sold however, time will tell. it happen with BB. Hard to have my interest with release dates SOOOOOO far away, if there even is on. @ddouble

I came from the 360 and I'm enjoying these re-masters a lot lol.

I'm actually looking forward to finally playing the Uncharted series.
For someone who didn't own the PS3, these re-masters are awesome. Can't wait to play Uncharted and The Last of Us was amazing.

With that said, the re-masters aren't the problem. It's the lack of new titles. Two years into the lifespan of the console and there has only been one truly great console exclusive classic: Bloodborne. That's it. And that's way too few new games.

I don't get all the hate for Uncharted 1. I honestly don't remember al these issues and I beat that game 3 times :lol:

nawghtyhare nawghtyhare what Xbox exclusives you looking forward to? You brag about the lineup but I can't remember you actually talking about any of those games having you interested :nerd:

Crushing mode in the sewer section is ridiculous but apart from that it's not that bad.

I'm trying to demo out tonight.

This is gonna mess me up from finishing MGS V

Out of all the games listed only UC 4 on my radar. Not really sold on the rest, I'm not a RPG guy as most know. Man I can't even play Shenmue 1 again, it would have been smart to drop 1 again, its been wayyyyy too long.

Overall the upcoming Xbox exclusive lineup has my attention more. I can def be sold however, time will tell. it happen with BB. Hard to have my interest with release dates SOOOOOO far away, if there even is on. @ddouble
Yea, that's fair, the rest of the year is not amazing exclusive wise for the PS4 but they've had a good year as a whole and the third party games will take care of the rest.
Next year though is when they'll move up a couple of gears.

Off the top of my head:

Uncharted 4
Horizon
Ratchet & Clank
Street Fighter 5
The Last Guardian
Gravity Rush 2
Ni-Oh
Hellblade
Rime
Persona 5
Star Ocean 5
Dragon Quest XI

There's more I didn't mention and Sony still has 2 more conferences this year.

For someone who didn't own the PS3, these re-masters are awesome. Can't wait to play Uncharted and The Last of Us was amazing.

With that said, the re-masters aren't the problem. It's the lack of new titles. Two years into the lifespan of the console and there has only been one truly great console exclusive classic: Bloodborne. That's it. And that's way too few new games.

Depends on the person really. I really liked both inFAMOUS games and Driveclub.

Last edited:
I don't get all the hate for Uncharted 1. I honestly don't remember al these issues and I beat that game 3 times :lol:

nawghtyhare nawghtyhare what Xbox exclusives you looking forward to? You brag about the lineup but I can't remember you actually talking about any of those games having you interested :nerd:
Cup head
Gears 4
Mirrors edge

Too many people judge previous generations games based off of current gen expectations. Dudes out here wanting Uncharted 1 to feel like MGS V. Game development is an iterative process and the quality from each generation is improved as we get better at our craft.

You can go boot up your Nexus 1 or your OG iPhone and complain how much it sucks right now but you damn well know that it was the most amazing **** when you first had it.

Too many people judge previous generations games based off of current gen expectations. Dudes out here wanting Uncharted 1 to feel like MGS V. Game development is an iterative process and the quality from each generation is improved as we get better at our craft.

You can go boot up your Nexus 1 or your OG iPhone and complain how much it sucks right now but you damn well know that it was the most amazing **** when you first had it.

I both agree and disagree with this. I played UC1 for the first time in 2013, so I expected it to feel outdated. But I can never imagine it being AMAZING like some of you guys hype it up. Hell even UC2 and 3 weren't AMAZING or groundbreaking in any sense, since the games are basically better versions of Tomb Raider.

Before the fanboys attack me, that doesn't mean I don't like those games; I just didn't get the :wow: feeling like the first time I played MGS1-3, The Last of Us, Mass Effect 2, etc.

Last edited:
It makes sense that it would drop 2017 for the 20th anniversary of the game releasing
nerd.gif
Smh. They probably would do that.

Go look at Tomb Raider games that released before Uncharted and compare them to post Uncharted Tomb Raider games.

Last edited:

Cup head
Gears 4
Mirrors edge
Mirror's Edge is multiplatform. Gears 4 is fall 2016 and Cuphead is 2016 with no release window. How is this lineup so much more superior compared to Sony who has Street Fighter 5, Uncharted 4 and Persona 5 all releasing before Gears 4.

Anybody else excited for Need For Speed? Looks like it'll finally be good again after all these years.

I both agree and disagree with this. I played UC1 for the first time in 2013, so I expected it to feel outdated. But I can never imagine it being AMAZING like some of you guys hype it up. Hell even UC2 and 3 weren't AMAZING or groundbreaking in any sense, since the games are basically better versions of Tomb Raider.

Before the fanboys attack me, that doesn't mean I don't like those games; I just didn't get the
eek.gif
feeling like the first time I played MGS1-3, The Last of Us, Mass Effect 2, etc.
You are very hard to please, then. 
laugh.gif
 Both of those games had me consumed.

Anybody else excited for Need For Speed? Looks like it'll finally be good again after all these years.
I had this feeling with the last entry right up until I played it... I am in the minority though. I loved Most Wanted and want them to return to that open world, exploration without so much multiplayer interference. 

You are very hard to please, then. :lol:  Both of those games had me consumed.
I'm agreeing with you. Maybe I didn't word it right. I meant that I thought those games were amazing and groundbreaking the first time I played them. I didn't get the same feeling with Uncharted games

I had this feeling with the last entry right up until I played it... I am in the minority though. I loved Most Wanted and want them to return to that open world, exploration without so much multiplayer interference. 
I just wanted to return to the heavy customization and street feel of Underground 2 so I'm excited. Wish we could race for pink slips.

You are very hard to please, then. 
laugh.gif
 Both of those games had me consumed.
I'm agreeing with you. Maybe I didn't word it right. I meant that I thought those games were amazing and groundbreaking the first time I played them. I didn't get the same feeling with Uncharted games
Ahhh okay. Misunderstood you.

I am... people will hate because of the arcade-ish game mechanics but the amount of customization is cool and if they have a free mode that would be :smokin. Not looking for a GT replacement with NFS.

I remember playing the first one they allowed you to customize you car during F&F's heyday.

Back
Top Bottom