The Old PlayStation Thread | *NEW THREAD IS UP*

Between raids, strikes, normal missions and PvP I really don't see anything else touching Destiny in the MP realm. And I got all types of gripes with the game but fax is fax b

Not facts at all. But to each his own.

Ditto. So shush now.

Gears mp is buns tho. Campaign is cool but I was never a fan of the mp.

It's def not for everyone. I know a lot of people prefer the run and shoot little enemies on screen; die and respawn or camp type MP games.

Last edited:

Between raids, strikes, normal missions and PvP I really don't see anything else touching Destiny in the MP realm. And I got all types of gripes with the game but fax is fax b
lmao u already KNOW where i stand on destiny. but its just can't be matched. raids by themselves have produced more ups and downs, created friendships and destroyed friendships, produced more content online than any game ever. between just the ps4 group on NT there are countless memories and hilarious moments. like literally days worth. theres nothing out like that.
The first time we all raided together was amazing man. The pure struggle, combined with the quad roast session and his response "......Hey I'll catch y'all later......" was classic 
laugh.gif

The first time we all raided together was amazing man. The pure struggle, combined with the quad roast session and his response "......Hey I'll catch y'all later......" was classic 
laugh.gif

NT HISTORY bro. i dont think ive ever laughed that hard in my entire life. gasping for air type laughter. 

laugh.gif
 you usually come with a grain of truth in your ramblings, but saying Destiny's MP is bad, let alone, the worst? Out of your mind.

I own Rainbow Six. Had I paid $60 for 10, 5 minute Situations and 8 MP maps, I'd have lost my mind.

The multiplayer is good for sure, but anyone screaming lack of content in Destiny and praising Rainbow Six is delusional.

Yea, Destiny ain't really that good, :lol:

TTK is a lot better but year 1 of Destiny was complete trash.

Rocket League is def up there for best MP, **** is straight up addicting.

I agree with Rocket League.

:nerd:

I used to play when I first downloaded it but stopped when I got paired w/ dudes who steal your goals for no reason and dudes who just flat out suck

:lol:  you usually come with a grain of truth in your ramblings, but saying Destiny's MP is bad, let alone, the worst? Out of your mind.

I own Rainbow Six. Had I paid $60 for 10, 5 minute Situations and 8 MP maps, I'd have lost my mind.

The multiplayer is good for sure, but anyone screaming lack of content in Destiny and praising Rainbow Six is delusional.

Maybe it's just me. But I find it sheer boring bro, like BEYOND boring.

Ive been heavy in MP gaming since Halo 2 and Destiny has created memories unlike any other shooter based MP prior for me. I've seen cats dead friendships over Destiny. Nothing like your mans for years online doing raids on all his characters without you. The jokes, priceless man. It's def you @Jetpacunlimited  because without checking I know for a fact RB6 doesn't have the user base Destiny has. User base has dropped crazy on the game and I don't think any game can even match up except maybe COD. Watch next DLC tho it jumps right back up.

Facts > Opinions

Last edited:

Ive been heavy in MP gaming since Halo 2 and Destiny has created memories unlike any other shooter based MP prior for me. I've seen cats dead friendships over Destiny. Nothing like your mans for years online doing characters without you. The jokes, priceless man. It's def you @Jetpacunlimited  because without checking I know for a fact RB6 doesn't have the user base Destiny has. User base has dropped crazy on the game and I don't think any game can even match up except maybe COD. Watch next DLC tho it jumps right back up.

Facts > Opinions
real. ive been heavy in MP since socom 2 man. this is to me far and away the most involving experience ive ever seen or heard of

I mean, they held a damn funeral for a dudes character in World of Warcraft when homie died in real life...

Destiny MP is good but it's not as groundbreaking as some of you are making it seem.

Raids have been a part of games for a while now.

Funny because I'm about to fire up Destiny right now, :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Not facts at all. But to each his own.
Ditto. So shush now.
It's def not for everyone. I know a lot of people prefer the run and shoot little enemies on screen; die and respawn or camp type MP games.
That's me all day. Heavy on that CoD. I can still do campaigns but 3rd person mp in general hasn't been the same for me since. I plan on getting a Xbox one soon maybe for cup head and some exclusives. I consider myself a casual gamer.

I mean, they held a damn funeral for a dudes character in World of Warcraft when homie died in real life...

Destiny MP is good but it's not as groundbreaking as some of you are making it seem.

Raids have been a part of games for a while now.

Funny because I'm about to fire up Destiny right now,
laugh.gif
w.o.w is niche. a LARGE niche. but niche. destiny got everybody together across systems. what a handful of people did for a character is cool. but destiny was on that too. remember what they did for the boy with cancer first year? destiny had adult non-gamers buying systems. sorry man i still gotta say destiny the best mp on next gen (and last gen). not to mention w.o.w. is not next gen. in fact, i think the only games seeing destiny in MP experience are the classics like cod4 for being groundbreaking, halo 1, etc etc. its literally in a league of all time greats just to be compared.

w.o.w is niche. a LARGE niche. but niche. destiny got everybody together across systems. what a handful of people did for a character is cool. but destiny was on that too. remember what they did for the boy with cancer first year? destiny had adult non-gamers buying systems. sorry man i still gotta say destiny the best mp on next gen (and last gen). not to mention w.o.w. is not next gen. in fact, i think the only games seeing destiny in MP experience are the classics like cod4 for being groundbreaking, halo 1, etc etc. its literally in a league of all time greats just to be compared.
I'm sorry i can respect y'all for saying how much y'all like destiny and all that but this is taking it too far right here

A game that's grossed over 10 billion is a niche game? Hm, I suppose.

Obv WoW isn't next gen, it's old as dirt, :lol:

I'm just laughing at people in here that are blown away at raids and claiming Destiny has brought people together like other games haven't been doing that for years.

W/ all this being said, Madden 2005 might be my GOAT MP experience, :lol:

I remember having to buy that stupid online adapter for PS2 and getting into fist fights w/ my cousin over that damn game.

Last edited by a moderator:
No one has really done it on console other than a few smaller games and FF XI and XIV. And to my knowledge, no one has tied the the FPS genre to it on console other than maybe Borderlands.

This is a console thread; the majority of people in here aren't playing PC and don't have those experiences.

That said, I wouldn't call it revolutionary as much as I feel it's an evolutionary step in where console games can go, expand, and improve on.

Last edited:
Yeah if we're talking mmorpg's the destiny experience really isn't that special at all, but if we're talking FPS or just console games as a whole it's pretty amazing compared to others with MP.

Borderlands is life.

I'm mad that Gearbox decided to make this MOBA/FPS mashup game instead of giving us BL3.

No one has really done it on console other than a few smaller games and FF XI and XIV. And to my knowledge, no one has tied the the FPS genre to it on console other than maybe Borderlands.

This is a console thread; the majority of people in here aren't playing PC and don't have those experiences.

That said, I wouldn't call it revolutionary as much as I feel it's an evolutionary step in where console games can go, expand, and improve on.
well said. i feel however it was revolutionary more than evolutionary for your earlier points. i LOVED borderlands, but found myself alone most of the time i played. then they re-released it and it saw a spark of interest and seems like more people were into it. but it still wasnt close to destiny's scale. and ur right, companies have DEFINITELY seen destiny's success and will emulate it. for better and for worse.

I'm sorry i can respect y'all for saying how much y'all like destiny and all that but this is taking it too far right here
how so? only the greatest games gave mp experiences like this. if i had to list em id say goldeneye 007 as it was the first mp shooter. so of course its a groundbreaking experience. then i think socom 2. the first real mp shooter that REALLY took off. halo. cuz halo. gears. cod4/mw1 shook up online gaming. im sure i forgot some others. but destiny is in that company. and of all the games listed, none of them did what destiny did for overall experience imo. and i LOVED all the games listed. theyre all classics.

i mean destiny had non-gamers watching the clock to get home in time on friday. had people joining forums dedicated to the lore of the weapons. people spent hours shooting into a cave for WEEKS and had fun just doing that and talking to their friends. destiny was damn near a hang out for people online. aint nothing touchin that this gen or last gen man

i mean destiny had non-gamers watching the clock to get home in time on friday. had people joining forums dedicated to the lore of the weapons. people spent hours shooting into a cave for WEEKS and had fun just doing that and talking to their friends. destiny was damn near a hang out for people online. aint nothing touchin that this gen or last gen man

This is coming from a man who actually hates destiny now ...come on home Tek. :lol:

:lol: OK.

Back
Top Bottom