The Old PlayStation Thread | *NEW THREAD IS UP*

Copped Fat Princess, Killzone, LBP3 from my brother.  Didn't even know he copped amplitude either.  Got a bunch of new games just waiting for me. 
pimp.gif

feeling mad accomplished right now. just beat the hardest boss in KH2.5 
pimp.gif
 now onto the Birth By Sleep 

I just listed to the neo episode. Pretty hard to argue against his points. With sony killing it, why would they take a risk like this when they could have waited 2 or 3 years for PS5. It seems like an unnecessary gamble. Unless consoles are going to be upgraded over and over like computers then i guess it's genius. I guess the market will decide if it was a good idea.

I am pretty happy about it sinoly because i kept waiting to get on board since i'm still playing my ps3 and dont see many must need ps4 games. So now at least i'll be joining in at a good time. I can see why people are furious

With MS rumored to be doing something similar and Ninendo releasing a console, it's more being proactive than gambling IMO. It's a way to maintain that no.1 sport.
Also UHD Blu-rays just came out and 4K TV's are getting cheaper and so what better way to push it than using a PS console. There's also VR too.

I think consoles will be similar to the iPhone model with just one small upgrade mid gen before the next gen. so PS4 which was a big jump from the PS3, then neo which is a small jump from the PS4 in terms of power but the same in everything else. I expect PS5 to be a big jump over the neo and base PS4.

Good thing about a mid gen update is that since the base PS4 is the target for development, the Neo will have enough resources/juice leftover to push more effects or framerate so in theory there's potential to see a lot more 1080p/60fps games

All this news is really disappointing.

I used to look at the video game industry in amazement that until now it is the only tech that has 5-6 years between generations/models

I knew it wouldn't last long. Hell auto makers update full automobiles faster than that.

Put it in context from ps1 till ps4 it has been what 18-20 years?

Too much money being lost. The consumers/market will always dictate, it's clear though with apple and Samsung releasing models yearly and customers willing to pay 700$ , Sony was definitely loosing out

All this news is really disappointing.

I used to look at the video game industry in amazement that until now it is the only tech that has 5-6 years between generations/models

I knew it wouldn't last long. Hell auto makers update full automobiles faster than that.

Put it in context from ps1 till ps4 it has been what 18-20 years?

Too much money being lost. The consumers/market will always dictate, it's clear though with apple and Samsung releasing models yearly and customers willing to pay 700$ , Sony was definitely loosing out

I don't think they were losing out.They make most of their money from royalties from games and also PS+.
They usually sell the hardware at a loss initially then it becomes profitable once the part gets cheaper.

I don't think they can get away with selling consoles as often and with high profits like the smartphone manufacturers since consoles aren't as essential as phones.

It is cool though having a box that lasts for years but I think it's just current circumstances that sort of forced Sony's hand.

VR headsets on the PC side of things will get updates very fast so Neo will help PS VR a bit.

Tech companies took ages to decide a physical format for 4K so PS4 couldn't launch with it. Now they can push 4K movies and Gaming.

Rising costs means generations are longer than before so this would help to not be so far off from PC's like last gen

Last edited:
Blood Starved Beast is BS 
mean.gif
 Me and my ***** Alfred got him down to half health before ol Alfie got murked and left me alone to die 
laugh.gif

Sweet. I've always wanted to play Watch Dogs...But I have a feeling a lot of the 'tech' from that game looks similar to the tech in The Division.

Back
Top Bottom