The Old PlayStation Thread | *NEW THREAD IS UP*

Thanks for the input everyone. I'm gonna go with FF IX after my short break.

I don't have a problem with trial and error. I liked hotline Miami and super meat boy so i'll get trials eventually. I didn't realize it wasn't on ps3. Waiting for NEO before i get a ps4. Might as well at this point.

FFIX just got a PC port so a PS4 port might be coming soon with the other perks the FFVII port got so might be worth waiting.

On the other hand completing JRPG's on Vita is sometimes easier so...

@HybridSoldier23
 shot down the IX port coming to PS4 anytime soon.

IX is my favorite. if it was even remotely on the plate I'd let you guys know.

Street Fighter V update adds Balrog, Ibuki, Story Mode this week
A feast of new content arrives on 1St July for Capcom’s fighting game

View media item 2083194
Hello again, Street Fighters! We have a ton of new information to share with you today regarding the latest update to Street Fighter V! As many of you may have seen last night during CPT Premier Event CEO2016, Balrog will also be released with this update alongside Ibuki and the Cinematic Story Mode!

The update will go live in all territories on 1st July at 8.00am BST/9.00am CET after the scheduled server maintenance is complete, which starts on 30th June at 10:00pm BST/11.00pm CET.

View media item 2083195
Balrog in Street Fighter V still remains as one of Shadaloo’s top enforcers, working alongside M. Bison, F.A.N.G., and Vega. Be sure to check out his Character Story and of course the Cinematic Story Mode to see what sort of trouble he gets himself into this time around.

His playstyle in Street Fighter V puts the focus on his devastating punches, and with the use of his V-Trigger, he can chain these attacks together to deal serious damage. He also has a few cheap attacks up his sleeve to keep the fight in his favour, so don’t let your guard down for a moment!

-V-Skill: KKB: A unique move that twirls his body while moving forward. While activated, you can dodge projectiles as well as string together attacks. You can even activate KKB before a special hits you, allowing you to be a technical inside fighter.
-V-Trigger: Crazy Rush: A chance to be the aggressor when activated! Steam rises from his body and allows you to string together specials like Charging Buffalo and Bursting Buffalo.
-Critical Art: Gigaton Blow: Unleash the fury from your fist with this simple, yet destructive critical art. It can be connected with various moves. Make sure to include it in your combos.

New stages and costumes
To ensure this release packs an even bigger punch, Balrog’s story costume and premium battle costume will become available on 1st July, as well as a revival of the classic Las Vegas stage from Street Fighter II! The streets are lined with neon signs as you are cheered on by a fired-up crowd.

That’s not all, either. This summer, Street Fighter V is about to heat up! The Kanzuki Family Private Beach will now be available as an all new battle stage. This will also be released with the update on 1st July and can be purchased for 70,000 fight money. Also, Karin’s premium summer costume will be available to purchase as part of this latest update.

As a reminder, all character Battle Costumes will be available for purchase on 1st July through PlayStation Store.

View media item 2083196
View media item 2083197
Juri and Urien

View media item 2083198
View media item 2083199
https://blog.eu.playstation.com/201...pdate-adds-balrog-ibuki-story-mode-this-week/

Street Fighter V update adds Balrog, Ibuki, Story Mode this week
A feast of new content arrives on 1St July for Capcom’s fighting game

View media item 2083194
Hello again, Street Fighters! We have a ton of new information to share with you today regarding the latest update to Street Fighter V! As many of you may have seen last night during CPT Premier Event CEO2016, Balrog will also be released with this update alongside Ibuki and the Cinematic Story Mode!

The update will go live in all territories on 1st July at 8.00am BST/9.00am CET after the scheduled server maintenance is complete, which starts on 30th June at 10:00pm BST/11.00pm CET.

View media item 2083195
Balrog in Street Fighter V still remains as one of Shadaloo’s top enforcers, working alongside M. Bison, F.A.N.G., and Vega. Be sure to check out his Character Story and of course the Cinematic Story Mode to see what sort of trouble he gets himself into this time around.

His playstyle in Street Fighter V puts the focus on his devastating punches, and with the use of his V-Trigger, he can chain these attacks together to deal serious damage. He also has a few cheap attacks up his sleeve to keep the fight in his favour, so don’t let your guard down for a moment!

-V-Skill: KKB: A unique move that twirls his body while moving forward. While activated, you can dodge projectiles as well as string together attacks. You can even activate KKB before a special hits you, allowing you to be a technical inside fighter.
-V-Trigger: Crazy Rush: A chance to be the aggressor when activated! Steam rises from his body and allows you to string together specials like Charging Buffalo and Bursting Buffalo.
-Critical Art: Gigaton Blow: Unleash the fury from your fist with this simple, yet destructive critical art. It can be connected with various moves. Make sure to include it in your combos.

New stages and costumes
To ensure this release packs an even bigger punch, Balrog’s story costume and premium battle costume will become available on 1st July, as well as a revival of the classic Las Vegas stage from Street Fighter II! The streets are lined with neon signs as you are cheered on by a fired-up crowd.

That’s not all, either. This summer, Street Fighter V is about to heat up! The Kanzuki Family Private Beach will now be available as an all new battle stage. This will also be released with the update on 1st July and can be purchased for 70,000 fight money. Also, Karin’s premium summer costume will be available to purchase as part of this latest update.

As a reminder, all character Battle Costumes will be available for purchase on 1st July through PlayStation Store.

View media item 2083196
View media item 2083197
Juri and Urien

View media item 2083198
View media item 2083199
https://blog.eu.playstation.com/201...pdate-adds-balrog-ibuki-story-mode-this-week/
Its about time, sheesh.

Never had a PS3, watched some videos (back in the day) of heavy rain and was always interested.

Never realized the camera angles were so horrible, same with the controls :lol:

Feel like everytime I use the right thumb stick I gotta break it do to an action :smh:

Batman Return to Arkham delayed. Not sure how a remaster gets delayed but hopefully it means that they're adding Origins and/or Arkham Knight.

Batman Return to Arkham delayed. Not sure how a remaster gets delayed but hopefully it means that they're adding Origins and/or Arkham Knight.

Apparently it looks really bad because of engine conversions so it needs more oven time.

Last edited:
Batman was great but I have no desire to revisit. I was gonna get the AK but I don't like the batmobile cheese

Well I've already played AA, AC and AK. I wouldnt want to replay them without the DLC. Even with all that, my backlog will still be crazy so no point in paying retail :lol:

Mid-Year Sale Week 1 (Sale Price, PlayStation Plus Price)

PlayStation 4

Action Henk – $7.49,

Air Conflicts Vietnam Ultimate Edition – $8.99,

Broken Age (cross-buy) – $4.99, $2.49

Cel Damage HD (cross-buy) – $2.99, $1.99

Doom – $41.99, $35.99

Grim Fandango Remastered (cross-buy) – $2.99, $1.49

Homefront: The Revolution – $44.99, $38.99

Homefront: The Revolution Freedom Fighter Bundle – $55.99, $47.99

J-Stars Victory VS+ – $17.99,

Paranautical Activity (cross-buy) – $4.99, $3.99

Street Fighter V – $44.99,

Street Fighter V Deluxe Edition – $67.49,

The Sun and Moon (cross-buy) – $4.99, $3.99

Volume (cross-buy) – $6.99, $4.99

PlayStation 3

Cel Damage HD (cross-buy) – $2.99, $1.99

J-Stars Victory VS+ – $11.99,

PlayStation Vita
  • A Boy and His Blob –
  • Ar nosurge Plus: Ode to an Unborn Star – $19.99, $15.99
  • A Space Shooter for 2 Bucks! (Mini) – $0.59, $0.39
  • Atelier Totori Plus: The Adventurer of Arland – $19.99, $15.99
  • Branish: The Dark Revenant (PSP) –
  • Broken Age (cross-buy) – $4.99, $2.49
  • Broken Sword 5: The Serpent’s Curse Episode 2 –
  • Cel Damage HD (cross-buy) – $2.99, $1.99
  • Citizens of Earth –
  • Farming Simulator 16 – $17.49, $13.99
  • Flyhunter Origins –
  • Grim Fandango Remastered (cross-buy) – $2.99, $1.49
  • Hot Shots Golf World Invitational – $4.72, $3.37
  • Hyperdimension Neptunia ReBirth 1 – $8.99, $5.99
  • Hyperdimension Neptunia ReBirth 2 – $5.99, $2.99
  • Invizimals: The Resistance –
  • J-Stars Victory VS+ – $11.99, $7.99
  • Knock Knock –
  • LEGO The Hobbit – $9.99, $7.99
  • Let’s Fish! Hooked On –
  • MegaTagmension Blanc + Neptune VS Zombies – $19.99, $15
  • MonsterBag – $4.99, $3.99
  • MXGP –
  • Nidhogg –
  • One Piece: Pirate Warriors 3 –
  • Paranautical Activity (cross-buy) – $4.99, $3.99
  • Pocket God vs Desert Ashes – $2.49, $0.99
  • Pumped BMX+ – $7.99 (PS+)
  • Rally Copters –
  • Ray Gigant – $14.99, $11.99
  • Sketchcross – $3.99, $2.95
  • Sword Art Online: Lost Song –
  • Tales of Hearts R – $8.99, $5.99
  • Tetris Ultimate –
  • The Bit Trip –
  • The Bridge –
  • The Muppets Movie Adventures –
  • The Sun and Moon (cross-buy) – $4.99, $3.99
  • The Swindle –
  • Thomas Was Alone – $2.99, $2.49
  • Tiny Troopers Joint Ops –
  • Toukiden Kiwami – $19.99, $15.99
  • Volume (cross-buy) – $6.99, $4.99
  • Widget’s Odyssey (Mini) – $0.59, $0.39
  • Widget’s Odyssey 2 (Mini) – $0.59, $0.39
  • Woah Dave! – $1.74, $1.24
  • Young Thor (Mini) – $1.49, $0.99
PSOne Classics
  • Chess –
  • Mega Man 8 –
  • Mega Man Legends –
PlayStation Plus Specials & Deals (All Are for PS4)
  • Assassin’s Creed Syndicate Bonus Helix Edition – No Price Listed
  • DC Universe Online Ultimate Plus Edition – $63.99
  • N.E.R.O.: Nothing Ever Remains Obscure – $14.99
  • PlanetSide 2 New Recruit Starter Bundle – $13.99
  • Smite Summer Bundle – $29.99
  • Steredenn – $11.69
  • The Division + Military and Marine Outfits – $59.99
  • Warframe Obsidian Platinum Bundle – $34.99
  • World of Tanks Starter Kit – $26.99
  • Zen Pinball 2 Full Tilt Bundle – $35.99

Last edited:
Never had a PS3, watched some videos (back in the day) of heavy rain and was always interested.

Never realized the camera angles were so horrible, same with the controls :lol:

Feel like everytime I use the right thumb stick I gotta break it do to an action :smh:

bruh I played that game with the ps move controller. I failed a button prompt on a key moment and my fate was sealed

Back
Top Bottom