The Old PlayStation Thread | *NEW THREAD IS UP*

Internet isn't good enough around the world or in america to completely go the digital route.

But it's good enough to release a digital only product. They've done it before with the PSP. Numbers don't lie and I'm sure they're seeing nice sales through their PSN store in digital downloads. Enough to know weather to pull that trigger or not.

Last edited:
Internet isn't good enough around the world or in america to completely go the digital route.

For games it would be a big problem going all digital

For movies, not so much.

There will loads of UHD players while there's only 3 main games console players

But it's good enough to release a digital only product. They've done it before with the PSP. Numbers don't lie and I'm sure they're seeing nice sales through their PSN store in digital downloads. Enough to know weather to pull that trigger or not.

The PSP Go did not sell that well because it was digital only. I would say that it was ahead of it's time. It dropped in 2009 when US internet was just getting into all digital.

I don't mind rusty coming in here and taking shots because it's all in good fun.

What is irritating is the dudes on the other side and how sensitive they get when you bring it over there.

I don't mind rusty coming in here and taking shots because it's all in good fun.

What is irritating is the dudes on the other side and how sensitive they get when you bring it over there.

The console wars in general are irritating.

If there's a good trade in deal going, the Pro will be copped along with FFXV.

Should be a good holiday gaming season :pimp:

If I had $299 this fall and was 25lbs heavier (so American), I feel like XBox One S is the much better value, along with a couple big name titles coming this fall exclusively.

Might be a tough holiday for Sony.

How'd you get to that conclusion.

Xbone S is still weaker than the normal PS4 while the pro is much more powerful.
While the S supports UHD's, you will need a 4K TV for that and if you have a 4K TV then I would think 4K gaming and 4K Video streaming on the pro would be better than UHD support.

Xbone S is already out and with the reception of it's initial sales, I don't see it troubling either PS4.

There would also be this bundle which always does well in the states, especially on black friday.

View media item 2159499

Last edited:
They are nothing like the Apple and Android wars though.

Which is strange, because android is obviously better.

Regardless, i don't really participate in the console wars, but i'm happy they exist. The competition will always favor the consumer. And before someone says "no because now we are going to see 2 year upgrades". Nobody is forcing you to upgrade.

How is it weaker? What could a gamer do on a PS4 that they couldn't do on the One S?

VR is an example of something that won't work on the Xbone , only on Scorpio due to specs.
PS4 is more powerful and the Xbone and the XBone S is essentially the same console as the original, just smaller and with a UHD drive and a minor spec update to support HDR.
PS4 Pro vs Xbox One S – Performance

The performance difference between the PS4 Pro and the Xbox One S is pretty huge, and this directly affects what the two are capable of.

The Xbox One S, as previously discussed, is essentially the same machine as the Xbox One in terms of internal specifications. There are very minor performance differences in very specific circumstances, but for all intents and purposes it’s the same machine. This makes life easier for developers.

Related: Xbox One versus Xbox One S

The PS4 Pro, meanwhile, has had some significant performance boosts and what looks like entirely new hardware – it’s twice as powerful as the PS4 at certain tasks. There’s better processing performance and what sounds like an entirely new graphics chip from AMD, using the firm’s Polaris architecture that made the Radeon RX 480 PC graphics card such an amazing piece of kit.

In terms of raw power, the PS4 Pro's graphics chip is rated at 4 TFLOPS (trillion floating point operations per second), where the Xbox One is at around 1.4TFLOPS.

As a result, the PS4 Pro is able to deliver higher-resolution content, which we’ll get to in our next section…
Read more at http://www.trustedreviews.com/opinions/ps4-pro-vs-xbox-one-s#YJocC9X1f3zoSJu0.99

For Reference:

Xbone 1.3 TF
Xbone S 1.4 TF
PS4 1.8 TF
PS4 Pro 4.2 TF
Scorpio 6 TF

Last edited:

I will personally smack your cheeks if you ever step foot in the Xbox thread again

How much longer do you guys think we have until the 9th generation starts?

Does it start with the NX?

The Witness' PS4 Pro Mode in Development, Includes Improvements for Both 4K & 1080p Displays

Here’s what we are aiming for:

When you start up the game on a PS4 Pro, it will go into one of two modes, depending on the current display device:

* When using PS4 Pro with a 4k display, we will render at 1440p or possibly higher, all while keeping a consistent 60 frames per second. This image will then be upscaled to 4k, and we will draw text, menus, and other UI at native 4k resolution. (This is similar to what happens on the base PS4, where we render the 3D scene at 900p, then upscale to 1080p and draw UI at 1080p). We might be able to achieve resolutions higher than 1440p based on various engineering tradeoffs (for example, if we boost the resolution of the main scene to a greater degree than we boost the resolution of the reflections in water, which tend to be distorted anyway. Also, we’ll evaluate checkerboard rendering — we’re not sure if it’s the right way to go for this game, but we’ll see.) We’ll post again when we finalize these specs.

* When using PS4 Pro with a display that is 1080p or lower, we will render the scene at 1080p (instead of the old 900p), and increase antialiasing quality from 2x to 4x MSAA, again while keeping a solid 60 frames per second. We are exploring additional visual quality increases, like increased streaming distance for high-resolution meshes, or decreasing the noticeability of the fade-in between faraway LODs and high-res close-up meshes. Again, we’ll post details when this is finalized!

We’re also working on HDR support. Here in the office we just got a new LG B6P television, which is very bright and has low black levels, providing a lot of dynamic range, and it’s been fun so far tweaking the look of the game on HDR displays like this.

http://www.highdefdigest.com/news/s...improvements-for-both-4k-1080p-displays/34897

I don't care for the witness but good to see devs already coming out with patches for their old games.

Street Fighter V better get a patch.

I was also going to say Driveclub too. :smh::smh:

Ddouble i appreciate all the info posted. But it really shows how hard it is for sony to promote this. I'm into games, and i only understand half of the **** i'm reading :lol:

I feel like all of this is just too inside baseball.

just waiting for black friday.. ps4 or xbox 1 for 200 sounds good for me
who said it'll be 200?

if i want  a ps4 now, is the new one better? or are the old ones better? or do I wait for pro despite not having a 4k tv yet and playing only madden and 2k

Ddouble i appreciate all the info posted. But it really shows how hard it is for sony to promote this. I'm into games, and i only understand half of the **** i'm reading :lol:

I feel like all of this is just too inside baseball.

I get what you mean. As boring as the conference was I thought they made it clear and we had all the leaks as well but coming on here and GAF afterwards.

Boy, was I wrong. :lol:

But with the patch notes like the one I posted for the Witness and when more devs comment, i think people will eventually figure it out.

For friends and family who've asked. I just tell them it's a much more powerful PS4 and that's all t hey needed to know. :lol:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom