The Old PlayStation Thread | *NEW THREAD IS UP*

I'd recommend the PS4 Pro over the Slim if you don't have one at all. Might as well spend that extra $100 unless you're that guy who only plays 2K and Madden :lol:

However, I wouldn't recommend upgrading unless you're the kind of person who has to have the new new right away. My next console will probably be NX followed by PS5.

If I had $299 this fall and was 25lbs heavier (so American), I feel like XBox One S is the much better value, along with a couple big name titles coming this fall exclusively.

Might be a tough holiday for Sony.
How'd you get to that conclusion.

Xbone S is still weaker than the normal PS4 while the pro is much more powerful.
While the S supports UHD's, you will need a 4K TV for that and if you have a 4K TV then I would think 4K gaming and 4K Video streaming on the pro would be better than UHD support.

Xbone S is already out and with the reception of it's initial sales, I don't see it troubling either PS4.

There would also be this bundle which always does well in the states, especially on black friday.

Arguing Xbox One S is less powerful than PS4 is quibbling over semantics. Yes, technically it is. But what multiplatform games are you unable to play on an XB1S that a PS4 can play? What exactly does .4 of a Teraflop actually do? It doesn't negatively effect my experience.

VR is as much, if not more, and investment than a 4K TV, so those cancel one another out.

Microsoft console sales have lead NPD last two months... you don't find that to be an issue?

There is absolutely an argument to be made for the PS4. I just think right now, Sony did themselves absolutely no favors going into the holiday season.

Last edited:
How many of y'all even have 4K Blu-Ray discs tho? I can see why Sony would decide to drop the feature seeing as how physical disk sales have declined over the years so they feel the need to move on from physical discs which says something about the market if Sony is deciding to drop the feature. I don't really buy Blu-rays anyways so it doesn't really bother me espically not 4K ones lol but if I was them I would've done it just so it's something anyone who has the system can use.
I think I own almost 80 blurays and I plan on building a 4k bluray collection.

I watched the martian in 4k and I have several 4k blurays on my amazon wishlist. 

I'm planning on upgrading to 4k once scorpio or when amd's vega gpus drop.

In my area, your internet options are time warner or att.

Att has data caps. I think the monthly cap is 100gb. To stream an hour of 4k content is 7gb. 

I have time warner.

Really, this is just a parallel to the digital vs. physical games argument.

Last edited:

[–]superman_king 37 points38 points39 points 9 hours ago*
4k Netflix streaming is of lower quality than 1080p Blu Ray discs
How are they going to say streaming 4k content is preferred when it is worse??????
4k streaming bit rate is lower than 1080p blu ray disc.
Bit rate is king when it comes to picture quality. This is just absurd to not include 4k bluray.
Edit: Before you ask, "how is 4k content worse than 1080p content?" Google it. The key here is streamed 4k can never achieve the same quality as a physical disc, even if that disc is only 1080p content.
Edit2 Open your minds to education:

Not throwing shade but I feel like lack of 4k blu ray is only a big deal because One S has it :lol: I don't think the target audience cares. I think the Pro was really aimed at the more hardcore audience. Majority of those games won't care about 4k blu ray as long those exclusive games look and play good. Just my opinion tho.

Streaming being lower quality than physical media is nothing new, and yet it is extremely popular.

Arguing Xbox One S is less powerful than PS4 is quibbling over semantics. Yes, technically it is. But what multiplatform games are you unable to play on an XB1S that a PS4 can play? What exactly does .4 of a Teraflop actually do? It doesn't negatively effect my experience.

VR is as much, if not more, and investment than a 4K TV, so those cancel one another out.

Microsoft console sales have lead NPD last two months... you don't find that to be an issue?

There is absolutely an argument to be made for the PS4. I just think right now, Sony did themselves absolutely no favors going into the holiday season.
they've led cause of the fire sale. Seriously, Xbone with game for $230 at Costco. I almost bought one lol

Streaming being lower quality than physical media is nothing new, and yet it is extremely popular.
people always say they want quality but will choose variety instead. (along with convenience) marry a 10 and stay faithful? Or have a choice of a dozen 4-8s.

Question.....

I understand the PS4 Pro will not play 4K Blu Rays however, will we have the ability to for example to rent and view 4K movies off the PStore?

Last edited:
Bloodborne guys can I get a little help?

Is insight only used to buy junk? I can only buy like 2 things and an outfit that kind of sucks.

Also, I came across a Summon Henriett icon near the church. I dont want to waste it if it's good. What is it for?

Bloodborne guys can I get a little help?

Is insight only used to buy junk? I can only buy like 2 things and an outfit that kind of sucks.

Also, I came across a Summon Henriett icon near the church. I dont want to waste it if it's good. What is it for?

You use insight to buy a lot of things you're just early in the game. You also use it to summon people. You can summon as much as you want provided you have the insight. The summon will help you fight the boss and that's it. Some people consider it easy mode but it's NBD.

I forgot to mention that you need higher insight to start seeing certain invisible things. I believe it's something like 50 insight.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom