The Old PlayStation Thread | *NEW THREAD IS UP*

Not gonna defend no mods, but don't care because I don't play bethesda games anyway. Maybe they'll work something out for future games.

Increased PS+ by less than a $1 a month. Yes, let's get all up in arms about that.

$399 is a perfectly fine price for the Pro.

Sony allowed Cross-play on Rocket League right from the start. They get slammed because MS is late to the party? Well of course MS is fine with cross-platform play now that they are way behind in sales. Then people could just buy an xbox to play with their ps4 owning friends. Notice how MS wasn't doing cross-play last gen when they were ahead of Sony?

Don't be dumb.

View media item 1877763

Glad i could make you laugh, Rusty.

I still feel bad about making you cry for not including Halo 5 in the e3 game of show poll. Even though it ended up winning as many game of the year awards as the 20th game on my list, Butt Sniffing Pugs, it was wrong of me to exclude it.

But really i would appreciate if you wouldn't respond to me because you have a tendency to fly off the handle when I say anything and it's not really all that fun. Stick to going back and forth with the morons in politic thread.

Last edited:
Glad i could make you laugh, Rusty.

I still feel bad about making you cry for not including Halo 5 in the e3 game of show poll. Even though it ended up winning as many game of the year awards as the 20th game on my list, Butt Sniffing Pugs, it was wrong of me to exclude it.

But really i would appreciate if you wouldn't respond to me because you have a tendency to fly off the handle when I say anything and it's not really all that fun. Stick to going back and forth with the morons in politic thread.

View media item 1877763

But when you've installed a theater in your home with expensive *** AV equipment to support the format, you care because you notice the difference in blu ray and streaming on a 100+ inch screen. It wouldn't hurt to save the bandwidth either.

How many of y'all even have 4K Blu-Ray discs tho? I can see why Sony would decide to drop the feature seeing as how physical disk sales have declined over the years so they feel the need to move on from physical discs which says something about the market if Sony is deciding to drop the feature. I don't really buy Blu-rays anyways so it doesn't really bother me espically not 4K ones lol but if I was them I would've done it just so it's something anyone who has the system can use.

Im with Seeko. I didnt build a high end movie theater in my house to stream some BS low quality netflix B grade movies if you want good 4k steaming movies you have to use Vudu where they are charging $30 to stream it and the quality still isnt as good as physical. I have plenty of 4k BR's along with 100+ regular BR and enjoy them but I just knew the Pro was going to have it I would of been sold. (But I do have a dedicated 4K BR player)

Some people have data caps on there home internet or what if a storm hits and the internet goes out for days and all your media is streaming?

Man i really wanted the Pro but im not going to sit up here to try and justify it when I would replace it as soon as the next one comes out with UHD.

maybe i should of went with the XB1S but the gripe i have with it is it doesnt do bitstream. so i get the 4k player but you half step me in audio :smh:

What is going on too many technical flaws. Maybe the next console will be the right one. But until then my regular 4 will be good enough once it receives the HDR update i will rely on my equipment to upscale the game for me.

Maybe im being to tough on a GAMING console. But i figured since Sony had to delay this conference after seeing what M$ did i just knew they were going to hit it out the park with the conference but it was a boring and let down of a conference

sorry for the rant been occupied with the iphone release :lol:

Last edited:

I hope you don't change your Avatar after FFXV releases. :lol:

No mods.
Increased price of PS+
399 USD
Actively blocking cross-play on rocket league.

Sonybros will defend this.

No mods on fallout 4 not no mods in general but sucks for those who wanted it so I'll give you that.

Increased price of PS+, only in the states but yea doesn't matter cuz you're paying more so I'll give you that.

$399 USD though, you need to explain this to me because the GPU inside the pro is more than twice as powerful as that in the PS4 and 3 times as much as the Xbox S for only $100 more, plus the additional features.

It's basically using the RX 480 GPU and you can see how much that costs to know that the pro is actually a bargain for what it does.

As for cross-play, I don't see why Sony should help MS. Install base is an asset for multiplayer games so why would they share it

Last edited:
Anyways
laugh.gif

New Mafia III gameplay:

Anyone else looking forward to this game as much as I am?

View media item 2161347
I forgot about this but since we're all on a high from the last conference, TGS is on Tuesday.

Sony Interactive Entertainment Japan Asia announced today that they’ll be holding their annual pre-Tokyo Game Show PlayStation Press Conference on Tuesday, September 13 from 16:00 to 17:10 JST. For other regions, it will start at 12am PT/3am ET/8am BST on September 13.

This year’s press conference will be livestreamed on YouTube (link TBA), and should include new game announcements. Last year’s conference was presented with an English translation and included the reveals of Gravity Rush 2, Gravity Rush Remastered, Toukiden 2, Yakuza 6, Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8, and more.
Read more at http://www.playstationlifestyle.net...e-scheduled-september-13/#PT2KYompR6PgxCC7.99

Anyways :lol:

New Mafia III gameplay:

Anyone else looking forward to this game as much as I am?
Mafia III one of.my most anticipated but im not sure if I should cop or wait for the inevitable GOTY edition with all DLC.

D Double D Double Maybe I'll find a nice screenshot from the game that I can use for my avatar :lol:

Mafia III one of.my most anticipated but im not sure if I should cop or wait for the inevitable GOTY edition with all DLC.

@ddouble Maybe I'll find a nice screenshot from the game that I can use for my avatar
laugh.gif
I'm debating these options as well.

Cop the Deluxe Edition now which includes the season pass with all the DLC or wait 1+ year for the GOTY edition.

It's all preference I'll probably just buy the base game and wait to see what kind of content will drop before buying the season pass

It's all preference I'll probably just buy the base game and wait to see what kind of content will drop before buying the season pass
Ask and ye shall receive:
[h2]  [/h2]
[h2]A Look at the Post-Release Content Coming to Mafia III[/h2][h6]9/3/2016[/h6]
New Bordeaux is a big place – it’s loaded with history and hidden alleys to explore. When we built the world for Mafia III, we wanted it to really feel alive and grow with you. We’re doing just that with free, recurring content that gets delivered to everyone who buys the game. If you love your time in New Bordeaux and don’t want to leave – we’re also working on unique story expansions coming to Mafia III.

First, let’s talk “Free recurring content.” For everyone that buys Mafia III – whether it’s through pre-orders, day one purchase or those who wait – we’re delivering free new features and content after the game launches. Here’s a quick rundown of what you can look forward to:

FREE! All New Character Outfits

One of the biggest requests we keep getting from you – our fans – is about the ability to change Lincoln’s outfit. This is coming! New outfits will allow you to select a look that suits your tastes and define your take on Lincoln.

outfitsoldier.png

New, FREE Weapons
30 days after the game launches, everyone gets the “Judge, Jury and Executioner” golden weapons pack.

JJE111.jpg

MORE Vehicle Customization
Hey, gearheads: We’ll be expanding upon the vehicle upgrades that already exist in Mafia III by adding new customization options. You can cherry out your favorite ride with new wheels, personalized license plates, and paint jobs. And, yes, you will get even more options to boost the performance on your vehicles.

CarCustomization.png

FREE RACES!
Take your tricked-out fleet into the city and enter a series of races. From there, you can earn money, new customization options for your car, and other awesome rewards. We’ll have more details on exactly how the races will work in the future.

race.png

…and more free stuff to come!

MORE STORIES FROM NEW BORDEAUX

Now, like you, we are all gamers here at 2K. We know what it feels like to finish a game and want more – more story, more locations, more action.  So, now that we’re doing some final polishing up on Mafia III before the October 7 launch, we’re starting work on new story expansions. These are wholly separate experiences that reveal more about Lincoln Clay’s time in New Bordeaux. As these stories will reveal, the Italian Mafia isn’t the only threat Lincoln faces…

Here’s a quick tease of the three major paid expansions in the works…

“Faster, Baby!”

Fast cars, dramatic chases, and stunt driving take center stage as Lincoln joins forces with his former flame, Roxy Laveau, to take down a corrupt Sheriff terrorizing Civil Rights activists on the outskirts of New Bordeaux.

DLC01.png

“Sign of the Times”

A string of ritualistic killings has New Bordeaux on the edge of terror. At Father James’ request, Lincoln agrees to hunt down the cult responsible, a quest that will take him from the dark heart of the old bayou to the drug-ridden counterculture of the inner city.

DLC03.jpg

“Stones Unturned”

When a merciless rival resurfaces in New Bordeaux, Lincoln must join forces with CIA agent John Donovan to settle a blood feud that began in the war-torn jungles of Vietnam.

DLC02.jpg

Along with new story and character additions to New Bordeaux you’ll find new activities to engage in to expand and diversify your criminal empire. And, yes, these paid expansions will also offer exclusive vehicles, weapons, outfits and races based upon their themes.

If you buy the Season Pass, either on its own or through the Deluxe or Collector’s Editions of Mafia III, you’ll get access to these three new story expansions and all the weapons, vehicles and gameplay that comes with ‘em. If you don’t feel like buying a Season Pass, that’s ok, too, because each one of these stories will be available for sale individually.

One head’s up, though: If you buy the story expansions separately, they will run you a total of $39.97*. With the Season Pass, you get them all for $29.99**. (Or, if you buy the Deluxe Edition of Mafia III for $79.99***, it includes the full game and the Season Pass – which saves you a total of $19.97.)

Looking forward to seeing you in New Bordeaux on October 7!

I pretty much only buy GOTY editions of games. Unless it's a multiplayer based game or a sports game I can wait.

I actually didn't know Mafia 3 was getting that type of support. Wife probably take the easy route and get me a best buy gift card worth about $150 for my birthday so I'll consider getting a week after it releases.

It looks really good. Don't know if I'll play it though. Maybe down the line.

I forgot about this but since we're all on a high from the last conference, TGS is on Tuesday.
Sony Interactive Entertainment Japan Asia announced today that they’ll be holding their annual pre-Tokyo Game Show PlayStation Press Conference on Tuesday, September 13 from 16:00 to 17:10 JST. For other regions, it will start at 12am PT/3am ET/8am BST on September 13.

This year’s press conference will be livestreamed on YouTube (link TBA), and should include new game announcements. Last year’s conference was presented with an English translation and included the reveals of Gravity Rush 2, Gravity Rush Remastered, Toukiden 2, Yakuza 6, Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8, and more.
Read more at http://www.playstationlifestyle.net...e-scheduled-september-13/#PT2KYompR6PgxCC7.99
Excited to hear more on FF XII HD (hopefully release date) and maybe what Tokyo RPG Factory is working on. I added I Am Setsuna to the backlog yesterday. 
laugh.gif

View media item 2161347

Excited to hear more on FF XII HD (hopefully release date) and maybe what Tokyo RPG Factory is working on. I added I Am Setsuna to the backlog yesterday. :lol:
I got Star Ocean V. I only played about an hour so I'll hold off on Setsuna. I'm torn between DQ VII (3DS) and Setsuna as my next JRPG. Obviously if World of FF is out by the time I finish Star Ocean then that'll be my next one.

Excited to hear more on FF XII HD (hopefully release date) and maybe what Tokyo RPG Factory is working on. I added I Am Setsuna to the backlog yesterday. 
laugh.gif
I got Star Ocean V. I only played about an hour so I'll hold off on Setsuna. I'm torn between DQ VII (3DS) and Setsuna as my next JRPG. Obviously if World of FF is out by the time I finish Star Ocean then that'll be my next one.
I am excited for Setsuna, but Dragon Quest VII is very good. It isn't VIII, but it's still great. I'd probably go VII before Setsuna.

What are your early impressions on Star Ocean?

I'm sitting on a $90 PSN credit and had it ear-marked for World of FF, but I want to see another flash sale before I commit that money. 

Excited to hear more on FF XII HD (hopefully release date) and maybe what Tokyo RPG Factory is working on. I added I Am Setsuna to the backlog yesterday. :lol:

I am excited for Setsuna, but Dragon Quest VII is very good. It isn't VIII, but it's still great. I'd probably go VII before Setsuna.

What are your early impressions on Star Ocean?

I'm sitting on a $90 PSN credit and had it ear-marked for World of FF, but I want to see another flash sale before I commit that money. 
So far I think the combat in SO4 was much more fun and better. I plan on putting in a few hours tonight so I'll post my thoughts then.

DQ VII it is then. I'll just wait for Setsuna to go on sale. Isn't there usually a Japanese related PSN flash sale after TGS?

What's it mean when I try to play H2H in madden and get the "desync error" ? Haven't been able to play anyone online all day. My brother can send me invites to play online but I never make it to the game it freezes... Then when I send invites it freezes smh

So far I think the combat in SO4 was much more fun and better. I plan on putting in a few hours tonight so I'll post my thoughts then.

DQ VII it is then. I'll just wait for Setsuna to go on sale. Isn't there usually a Japanese related PSN flash sale after TGS?
Yea that sounds right. I imagine the regular Tuesday sale will reflect TGS happening as well. 

Back
Top Bottom