The Old PlayStation Thread | *NEW THREAD IS UP*

Forza horizon is an open world arcade-like racing game.

It has sim elements in it but it isnt anything like the flagship forza game or other sims like Gran Turismo

Does anyone here by any chance own this tv? Just wondering if it's worth it to pick up to go along with the PS4 Pro or if I'm better off waiting until next year for the next wave of 4K HDR sets.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/sony-43...h-dynamic-range-black/4801700.p?skuId=4801700

I wouldnt get much smaller than 55 in 4k TBH

here's the TV i have

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/samsung...h-dynamic-range-black/5034600.p?skuId=5034600

LOOOOOVVVEEEEEEE IT!!!

Forza Horizon 3 and Gears 4 in 4k on the xbox one s is insane.

I have a PC with a GTX 1080 in it w/ a 21:9 monitor and i find myself playing those 2 games on my xbox WAY MORE than on PC.

I was a non believer in upscaled 4k up until about a month ago :rofl:

I highly doubt i'll get a ps4 pro though. That thing is really underwhelming to me.

here's the TV i have

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/samsung...h-dynamic-range-black/5034600.p?skuId=5034600

LOOOOOVVVEEEEEEE IT!!!

I have a PC with a GTX 1080 in it w/ a 21:9 monitor and i find myself playing those 2 games on my xbox WAY MORE than on PC.

I highly doubt i'll get a ps4 pro though. That thing is really underwhelming to me.

That price is pretty good :nerd:

I just might have to cop.

Does the curved display enhance the gaming experience in any way? I never really looking into curved sets as far as what you get out of it.

Care to elaborate on the PS4 Pro though? Others have said the opposite.

I sorta want the disjointed combo since I've never played one. Wish I could get Levi Harry Potter online st target so I could do the buy 2 deal.

I will buy a 4K monitor in a year when they are cheap. I personally am not trying to game on a TV.

I could see it for entertainment purposes but they can miss me with these premiums.

Last edited:

here's the TV i have

LOOOOOVVVEEEEEEE IT!!!

That price is pretty good :nerd:

I just might have to cop.

Does the curved display enhance the gaming experience in any way? I never really looking into curved sets as far as what you get out of it.

Care to elaborate on the PS4 Pro though? Others have said the opposite.

Curve is unnoticed as far as immersion is concerned... its very subtle.

My 34 inch monitor has much more of an arc in its curve.

The only thing the curve does for me is improve the viewing angles.

BUT im always sitting either directly in the middle or only slightly to the side.

I will buy a 4K monitor in a year when they are cheap. I personally am not trying to game on a TV.

I could see it for entertainment purposes but they can miss me with these premiums.

I use a 34 inch monitor and opted for 21:9 @ 1440p

I just dont see the benefit of 4k on anything smaller than 55 inches.

Lol if I had a Xbox I surely would play forza but I out grown sim racing games, too time consuming, I need midnight club or need for speed to make a good game.
Let me put you onto the game.

Forza Horizon 3's the highest rated arcade racer this gen;it's the opposite of sim racing.

There's Forza Motorsport which is sim racing.

There's Forza Horizon, which is an open-world arcade racer with excellent handling and a variety of terrian/objectives. 

I've played a majority of the open-world arcade racers. MC3 Dub edition, NFS MW, Burnout Paradise, etc. Horizon's the culmination of those defunct franchises.

Horizon is made by the indie dev. Playground Games consisting of people from codemasters, burnout, and NFS guys.

Turn 10 makes the sim racing Forza. 

Here's the map size. 488 roads total

Also they take the soundtrack seriously like MC3 Dub ed.

cheapest good 4k monitor $340 new, $300 amazon warehouse used

Amazon product ASIN B00YD3DBOC

Last edited:
Does anyone here by any chance own this tv? Just wondering if it's worth it to pick up to go along with the PS4 Pro or if I'm better off waiting until next year for the next wave of 4K HDR sets.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/sony-43...h-dynamic-range-black/4801700.p?skuId=4801700

There's a thread about this TV on GAF and from the thread and links to reviews, it seems it's the best 4K + HDR TV set for the price.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1276558

I'm waiting till next year because I'm getting a pro and already bought PS VR so i'm broke.

:nerd:

Just for me... my TV already upscales very well.

Played some uncharted 2 on it a couple weeks ago and loved it.

No PS4 game on my radar will benefit from the ps4 doing the upscaling enough for me to want to pay the extra money.

If i could get locked 60 frames w/ it that'd be another story.

Also it doesnt support 4k blu ray which i think is just outright comical.

No PS4 game on my radar will benefit from the ps4 doing the upscaling enough for me to want to pay the extra money.

So what IS the upgrade then? Just upscaling?

Your TV is upscalling from 1080p to 4K while the PS4 pro is rendering and upscalling from 1800p.

Some games are even native 4K.

As for 60fps, some games offer more than 1 mode where one prioritizes framerate and the other graphics. I expect we will see more of this as well.
These are the patch notes for the witness for example

If you have a PS4 Pro, and are outputting to a 1080p TV, The Witness will render at 1080p, 60fps, 4x MSAA (which is substantially higher than the base PS4’s 900p, 60fps, 2x MSAA). This is the same as we announced in the earlier posting.

If you have a PS4 Pro, and are outputting to a 4k TV, then you get a choice of two modes from the options menu:
(a) 1440p rendering of the game world, upscaled to 4k, text and UI rendered at 4k, 60fps
(b) 4k rendering for everything, 30fps

We added option (b) because a lot of people seem to want it, and it does look really good!
http://the-witness.net/news/2016/11/ps4-pro-patch-update/

Anyway, the NDA for the pro ends on Monday so we will see the impressions and comparisons hopefuly.

Your TV is upscalling from 1080p to 4K while the PS4 pro is rendering and upscalling from 1800p.

Some games are even native 4K.

As for 60fps, some games offer more than 1 mode where one prioritizes framerate and the other graphics. I expect we will see more of this as well.
These are the patch notes for the witness for example

If you have a PS4 Pro, and are outputting to a 1080p TV, The Witness will render at 1080p, 60fps, 4x MSAA (which is substantially higher than the base PS4’s 900p, 60fps, 2x MSAA). This is the same as we announced in the earlier posting.

If you have a PS4 Pro, and are outputting to a 4k TV, then you get a choice of two modes from the options menu:
(a) 1440p rendering of the game world, upscaled to 4k, text and UI rendered at 4k, 60fps
(b) 4k rendering for everything, 30fps

We added option (b) because a lot of people seem to want it, and it does look really good!
http://the-witness.net/news/2016/11/ps4-pro-patch-update/

Anyway, the NDA for the pro ends on Monday so we will see the impressions and comparisons hopefuly.

The thing for the situation is the playstaiton is just one of a few options i have for gaming & i only play the exclusives on it.

I have a very strong PC i built and I dont have to choose graphics over frame rate and vice versa.

Then I have the xbox one s for 99% of my console gaming.

If i can scoop up a ps4 pro for like $200 i'll do it. I just cant justify paying for it since i genuinely wont use it much.

Im REALLY looking forward to spiderman & horizon

[h2]CAPCOM WANTS TO EXPAND MONSTER HUNTER SALES IN WEST[/h2]
Chairman Kenzo Tsujimoto stated that while the series has been finding success on handhelds in Japan, they do not sell as well in the US, citing handheld gaming being only 10% of gaming. Tsujimoto also noted that other platforms, such as the Switch, Playstation 4, and Xbox One are being taken into consideration.

GTA 5 Ships 70 Million Copies
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/gta-5-ships-70-million-copies-as-gta-online-contin/1100-6445053/

:wow: :wow: :wow:
Looking at the US and UK charts, it isn't slowing down either.

The thing for the situation is the playstaiton is just one of a few options i have for gaming & i only play the exclusives on it.

I have a very strong PC i built and I dont have to choose graphics over frame rate and vice versa.

Then I have the xbox one s for 99% of my console gaming.

If i can scoop up a ps4 pro for like $200 i'll do it. I just cant justify paying for it since i genuinely wont use it much.

Im REALLY looking forward to spiderman & horizon

Ah, ok, makes sense.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom