The Old PlayStation Thread | *NEW THREAD IS UP*

Still not sold on coppin a PS VR. Even if they drop the price a $100 bucks come holiday & Black Friday time this year.

It just looks snd feels like PS Move again all over :lol:

Where Sony drops new hardware mid way through a console generation and then within 2 to 3 years they stop supporting it because of lack of support from both Sony's 1st party studios and also the big 3rd party game deves and publishers.

Last edited:
Difference between VR and something like Move is that VR has purposes beyond gaming that make it become mainstream.

We're just in the very early stages of VR. The hardware will mature and become lighter/smaller/cheaper/better.

Last edited:
Still not sold on coppin a PS VR. Even if they drop the price a $100 bucks come holiday & Black Friday time this year.

It just looks snd feels like PS Move again all over
laugh.gif

Where Sony drops new hardware mid way through a console generation and then within 2 to 3 years they stop supporting it because of lack of support from both Sony's 1st party studios and also the big 3rd party game deves and publishers.
That;s VR in general. I'm still waiting for the real games like Doom VR/Fallout 4 VR.

That;s VR in general. I'm still waiting for the real games like Doom VR/Fallout 4 VR.

it's a double edged sword

you need people buying now for devs to take it serious but you need games now for buyers to take it serious

I like it now for what it offers and it will only get more impressive from here

the ceiling is pretty high

The VR footage I saw turned me all the way off PSVR. I know it's still immersive and seeing it on a monitor vs through a headset is different, but the res I saw was :x
What you see on the social screen is not representative of what you see on the headset. It's not off screen quality since the game has to render a lot more in VR but it's still better.
Also if you have a pro then the resolution is much better.

It just looks snd feels like PS Move again all over :lol:

Difference is unlike move, every other company is invested in VR because its the future. Microsoft, Google,Samsung, Valve, Facebook and numerous others.

Sony is actually in the best position since they've sold the most in the premium headset category and unlike Vive and Oculus you dont need a souped up PC, just a PS4 and it gives you a better experience than the phone VR experiences like the Gear or Cardboard VR.
They said it's profitable too.

I don't see them relinquishing that position at all and it also means since most companies have interest in VR, third party development will be there too. That's why there are still loads of VR games in development.
Capcom just said with RE7's reception in VR, they are going to make more and I won't be surprised to see more jump on board.

For anyone on the fence, wait for the price drop or a revised headset on the PS5.
If they bring one out for the PS5 then you know VR is here to stay.

What you see on the social screen is not representative of what you see on the headset. It's not off screen quality since the game has to render a lot more in VR but it's still better.
Also if you have a pro then the resolution is much better.
Difference is unlike move, every other company is invested in VR because its the future. Microsoft, Google,Samsung, Valve, Facebook and numerous others.

Sony is actually in the best position since they've sold the most in the premium headset category and unlike Vive and Oculus you dont need a souped up PC, just a PS4 and it gives you a better experience than the phone VR experiences like the Gear or Cardboard VR.
They said it's profitable too.

I don't see them relinquishing that position at all and it also means since most companies have interest in VR, third party development will be there too. That's why there are still loads of VR games in development.
Capcom just said with RE7's reception in VR, they are going to make more and I won't be surprised to see more jump on board.

For anyone on the fence, wait for the price drop or a revised headset on the PS5.
If they bring one out for the PS5 then you know VR is here to stay.

I'm still looking at the Vive unless PSVR gets some bomb *** first parties I have to play

I'm good on VR. I demoed it last year and thought it was great but not $400 or more great. Knowing me, I'd play with it for a few days, then I'd force myself to play it before ultimately forgetting about it. I'm just too much of a traditional gamer. All I need is a controller and a TV to play on and I'm set. No need for gimmicks of any sort i.e. motion controls, VR, AR etc.

I've had VR since December and have played it maybe 10 hours in total. It's not even that it's bad it's just I rarely feel like going through the motions to set up playing, I'm lazy I guess. :smh:

I'm still looking at the Vive unless PSVR gets some bomb *** first parties I have to play

If you've got a good PC and room and can afford it then easy get a Vive.

Theyre supposed to be brining out a wireless one apparently so maybe wait for that but expect to pay top dollar for it.

As for first party RIGS at the moment is the game to play. Fully fleshed our single and multiplayer.

I was addicted to it and only FFXV was able to pull me off.

If you've got a good PC and room and can afford it then easy get a Vive.

Theyre supposed to be brining out a wireless one apparently so maybe wait for that but expect to pay top dollar for it.

As for first party RIGS at the moment is the game to play. Fully fleshed our single and multiplayer.

I was addicted to it and only FFXV was able to pull me off.

I have a pretty decent rig, none of them are on my immediate radar tho :lol: but once all the options are more fleshed out, we'll have a better picture on what's worth it

I'm good on VR. I demoed it last year and thought it was great but not $400 or more great. Knowing me, I'd play with it for a few days, then I'd force myself to play it before ultimately forgetting about it. I'm just too much of a traditional gamer. All I need is a controller and a TV to play on and I'm set. No need for gimmicks of any sort i.e. motion controls, VR, AR etc.

Out of all the accessories that's released VR is the only one I've not really considered gimmicky since you still have your controller but instead of a display, you're enveloped in the game world so immersion is pushed to the max. Not only that but it aids control in certain games.

In racing games I can spot apexes easier so driving is easier. In shooting games you aim where you look so aiming is better. In Thumper and Rez, it's just pure sensory overload.

It's not for everyone though since some still get sick but I can't wait for it to drop to like $200 or a PS4 + VR bundle for $399
I have a pretty decent rig, none of them are on my immediate radar tho :lol: but once all the options are more fleshed out, we'll have a better picture on what's worth it

Yea give it a year or so.
Should be a good year for VR too.

I've had VR since December and have played it maybe 10 hours in total. It's not even that it's bad it's just I rarely feel like going through the motions to set up playing, I'm lazy I guess. :smh:

Reminds me of when I got the first Wii.

I noticed immediately how much I didn't wanna move while playing Zelda/video games.

Especially after school - 8 hours or work - and the gym - and homework :lol:

Last edited:
Played through the first missions of Wildlands last night. Drove off a cliff on accident to land on the bottom flawlessly... I'm in.

I know this thread has a TON of NT'ers who are hardcore RPG fans.

For me after Skyrim on PS3 which I legit put in 50+ hours into the game before it became unplayable.I'm just done with the whole genre of RPG's and have no time interest for them anymore.

Seriously I just can't see myself spending even $20 for games like FF XV, Fallout 4, Persona 5, etc.

Heck even if someone bought me a RPG game for my b-day or Christmas present I'd end up trading them in for different games or for store credit at Best Buy, Gamestop, or amazon.

Last edited:
I know this thread has a TON of NT'ers who are hardcore RPG fans.

For me after Skyrim on PS3 which I legit put in 50+ hours into the game.I'm just done with the whole genre of RPG's and have no time interest for them anymore.

I love them to death but it is hard for me to get into the traditional RPG.

The new action joints I can kind of do though.

Back
Top Bottom