The Old PlayStation Thread | *NEW THREAD IS UP*

I'm not into tekken i vaguely remember t v sf, i didn't like it I believe and I was huge into sf 4...PS3 days was all street fighter 4 and mw2 the mk game that came out was so good too at the time

MK9 :pimp:

Best fighter of all time :nerd:

Except for Kabal

Last edited:
Oh no I meant for SFV or NRS games. Although I don't play competitively I do follow them.

You mean no tourneys for anything? Do you have a local scene where you are?

Oh no I meant for SFV or NRS games. Although I don't play competitively I do follow them.

You mean no tourneys for anything? Do you have a local scene where you are?

Oh - no. I have never played in a tourney. I am off the meat rack in MK and INJ though :lol:. I just picked up SFV when it dropped and have been learning it. I hadn't played SF since like some alpha game on PS1 I believe.

But Tekken as well - I haven't played since Tekken 3 :lol:. But like I said I follow the Esports community and know a decent amount about it. Since I know how these games work I should be able to be at least above average rather quickly :pimp:

IGN lists in 2017 lmao. Im outchea

*edit* took a look at the list for fun anyway....now im in my feels :smh:

Last edited:
Do you have any footage from your tourney play on YouTube or anything?

Yeah, I play Tekken & SC pretty competitively.

I'm on the fence about picking up Injustice. I've been finding the NRS system to be a bit stiff since the first Injustice. I played MKX but never got into it heavily due to how long it took Cyrax and Sektor (MK9 mains) to be added. I was running Mileena (Ravenous) as my main for MKX. I think she lacked a lot of tools that other characters had and no one else interested me at the time.

I can't get into any NRS games man as a spectator.

KOF was hype to watch at EVO 2013, Tekken at EVO last year with Poongko was amazing. Guilty Gear scratches an itch but NRS games just don't do it for me.

I'll watch Injustice 2 grand finals on some weeklies though to see if it's good, at least from a spectator point of view.

Last edited:
finally joined the PS4 club brahs. send me game recommendations. started out w/ Madden, NBA2K and Battlefield. was thinking bout coppin Destiny but I heard mixed reviews about it

damn the yhorm the giant fight was very cool! (but i think u have to do mini quest to make it cool, spoiler esque so im not gona say it here)

also the dancer wasnt that much, [emoji]127995[/emoji]‍♂️ although when i beat her i had | | much health [emoji]128517[/emoji]

on to the castle

damn the yhorm the giant fight was very cool! (but i think u have to do mini quest to make it cool, spoiler esque so im not gona say it here)

also the dancer wasnt that much, [emoji]127995[/emoji]‍♂️ although when i beat her i had | | much health [emoji]128517[/emoji]

on to the castle
Did you pick up the sword by his throne? cuz that makes the fight that much more cooler. :lol:
And Siegward is a true bro. One can only hope to have a friend as true to his word as him. :lol: :pimp:

I think I found my new favorite thing to do on PS4. Share play Nioh with my friends and let them get their butts kicked (doing the mission Marobashi) while I sit back and laugh. :lol:

^ u shud put that in a spoiler man [emoji]128514[/emoji]

but yeah that's what i was talking about when i meant cool, [emoji]128514[/emoji]

Last edited:
finally joined the PS4 club brahs. send me game recommendations. started out w/ Madden, NBA2K and Battlefield. was thinking bout coppin Destiny but I heard mixed reviews about it
First off, grab your free games if you have PS+. Abzu, Tales from the Borderlands, Typer:Rider, and Laser Disco Defenders. You might not like them, but they cost nothing other than your PS+ subscription. PS+ also allows you to get even better sale pricing on discounted games.

-Volume

- Gravity Rush

- Nier

Honestly, start watching the sales on PSN every week. You can get at least one great title for a good price each week.

This week is the Golden Week sale, so if you like JRPG's, this is probably the best sale of the year.

- I am Setsuna

- FF XV

- Odinsphere

- Ocean Horn

- Rainbow Moon

- Dragon Quest Builders

- Valkyria Chronicles Remastered

All great and on sale.

If you arent an RPG fan, there is also a Star Wars sale.

- Star Wars Battlefront (super cheap)

- Lego Star Wars

Finally if none of those games sound interesting and money isnt an issue:

- Overwatch

- Rocket League

- Persona 5

- The Show 17

- Resident Evil 7

- Horizon: Zero Dawn

All great games.

If you're still having problems, shoot us some genres and we can all bicker about what is best for those types of games. 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
^ u shud put that in a spoiler man [emoji]128514[/emoji]

but yeah that's what i was talking about when i meant cool, [emoji]128514[/emoji]
I havent spoiled anything that people dont already know about the base game. What I do refrain from spoiling outright is the DLC. :lol:

^ ah cool i guess youre right. its just that im super late :lol:

speaking of the dlc, should i back to the painting now? im thinking it must be pretty high level, i just beat the dancer.

Destiny is fun but you're better off just waiting for Destiny 2 at this point, it comes out in September i think.
If you like Japanese RPG's at all Persona 5 is the way to go.
Open world adventure check out Horizon: Zero Dawn. I personally enjoyed Mass Effect but the general consensus is that it underwhelmed. The Witcher 3 is also amazing and better than both of those games.
Uncharted remastered collection/UC4 for action adventure
Nioh if you like a game that will challenge you and is still full of action. Bloodborne as well.
Overwatch is personally my favorite shooter to drop on this gen of consoles. Great game with tons of replay value, they do a great job of bringing new free content frequently too. Doom and Titanfall 2 both have great single player campaigns for shooters.
If you like Batman remotely I'd check out Arkham Knight since it's cheap now, the older Batman games are remastered for PS4 as well and definitely worth playing. The first is my personal favorite.

I agree with @zube42 on Destiny currently.

With D2 about to come out in September, this is literally the worst time to buy it.  Most of the casual player base has died down, and the core player base consist mostly of people that are already at max levels AND are stuck in their own rigid clans/groups. 

There is LFG for people that need groups to help them out for certain end game activities, but the LFGs are still mostly full of elitist pricks that will rage quit on you the moment you make one small little *** mistake.

So yeah for newbies on the PS4, do not get Destiny now.  If you're a D1 vanilla player that played on an older console or Xbox 1, just stick to playing Destiny there until Destiny 2 comes out.........which you can switch over to the PS4 then.

Back
Top Bottom