The Old PlayStation Thread | *NEW THREAD IS UP*

All these games dropping and as we get closer to release I realize I don't want them as much. Tekken 7, Injustice 2, Mass Effect, Nioh, Ghost Recon etc. I'm sure some of them are great but I just don't have time nor do I really want to find time to play them :lol:

I just want JRPGs :smokin
Outside of not waiting to play Nioh I'm with you

Not looking that way.

@CenTex HOGG
Not sure if serious, but the fact that Tekken 7 has only a score that is higher by only 4 than SFV makes Tekken 7 look really bad considering that the 77 score for SFV was from the days of the highly scrutinized launch of the game that had all kinds of faults and very little content. Whereas Tekken 7 is supposed to be a finished product and a game that existed in the arcades for years now. That score for Tekken 7 is very disappointing. I would like to see what SFV looks by the end of season 3. If you look at the difference between the first release of Street Fighter 3 and the final release of SF3, then the difference is night and day.

Currently, Killer Instinct or Guilty Gear Rev. 2 are probably the best fighting games. Or at least the ones I hear the least complaints about.

Not sure if serious, but the fact that Tekken 7 has only a score that is higher by only 4 than SFV makes Tekken 7 look really bad considering that the 77 score for SFV was from the days of the highly scrutinized launch of the game that had all kinds of faults and very little content. Whereas Tekken 7 is supposed to be a finished product and a game that existed in the arcades for years now. That score for Tekken 7 is very disappointing. I would like to see what SFV looks by the end of season 3. If you look at the difference between the first release of Street Fighter 3 and the final release of SF3, then the difference is night and day.

Currently, Killer Instinct or Guilty Gear Rev. 2 are probably the best fighting games. Or at least the ones I hear the least complaints about.
Not really.
Past metacritics for tekken:
Tag 2-82
Tekken 6-79
Tekken 5-88
Tekken 4-79
Tekken 3-96

man i can only play fighting games couch co op and most of my friends suck at fighting games to the point i let them win to keep them playing. Playing fighting games online is boring too me always run into those people who kno every combo in the book or you run into the ppl who suck and quit before the match is over. With that being said ima pass on Injustice and tekken until they release the copy with all the DLC.

Not really.
Past metacritics for tekken:
Tag 2-82
Tekken 6-79
Tekken 5-88
Tekken 4-79
Tekken 3-96
Which part of my post exactly was "Not really." referring to?

Are you saying it's not bad because it looks to be on the same level as 4 and 6?

Fighting games IMO are not really for the casual types :lol:

You can have some fun but if you trying to hop online and enjoy yourself that is a diff story

Fighting games IMO are not really for the casual types :lol:

You can have some fun but if you trying to hop online and enjoy yourself that is a diff story

it really isnt. The only time i really had fun with fighting games is when i have a party with a group of people at my house than someone says lets play this fighting game. Next thing i know im the only one with the controller while everyone else is rotating 1 controller to the point i actually try to lose to give someone else a shot.

Than when i hop online its like im fighting ppl who know every combo the character can do combos i never even knew where possible :lol:

man i can only play fighting games couch co op and most of my friends suck at fighting games to the point i let them win to keep them playing. Playing fighting games online is boring too me always run into those people who kno every combo in the book or you run into the ppl who suck and quit before the match is over. With that being said ima pass on Injustice and tekken until they release the copy with all the DLC.

Good thing about SFV is you only fight your level.
I can't get past bronze but i have fun cuz im playing people with my skill set.

From the latest 1.06 build.

Still not where I would like it... but the improvements are there.  

Was going to post this video too.

Sound is MUCH better. I'm glad each update is seeing improvements.
Really excited for the final game now.

Last edited:
There's still a very artificial element to it... but the pops, cracks & gargles from the exhaust gives it a lot more character.  

I really would highly encourage people to hold off on season passes for fighting games.

Last edited:
Which part of my post exactly was "Not really." referring to?

Are you saying it's not bad because it looks to be on the same level as 4 and 6?
You said tekken's metacritic looks bad compared to sfv's metacritic. I said not really since tekken 7's metacritic is similar to past tekken metacritics. So, yes.

You said tekken's metacritic looks bad compared to sfv's metacritic. I said not really since tekken 7's metacritic is similar to past tekken metacritics. So, yes.

I heard your Law is stupid good :lol:

Last edited:
Game Informer also did a top 100 RPG's of all time list in their latest issue. While I dont agree with all of it (obviously) I think it did a much better job than the iGN one.

Game Informer's Top 11

11. Bloodborne

10. Final Fantasy Tactics

9. Baldur's Gate II

8. Diablo 2

7. Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic

6. World of Warcraft

5. Witcher 3

4. Mass Effect 2

3. Chrono Trigger

2. Final Fantasy VI

1. Skyrim

I heard your Law is stupid good
laugh.gif
Ask him for tips on how to beat me. HE AINT GOT NONE!!!

Ask him for tips on how to beat me. HE AINT GOT NONE!!!
So you are the one to beat huh?
Honestly I'm not 
laugh.gif
 I'm nowhere near what I was in Tekken 5 
mean.gif

Iyen and I played a couple matches in 6 and he won some and I won some. I think he won more.

So I can't really say I'm better than him. I got/get by pretty much on muscle memory 
laugh.gif

I hated 6 so never practiced and didnt buy TTT2. But I'm hoping I can get back into form on 7 
pimp.gif

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom