The Old PlayStation Thread | *NEW THREAD IS UP*

Debating on getting Resident Evil 7 or Persona 5 or Fallout 4. Any suggestions fellas?

Big fan of RE & Fallout series but this would be my first time playing Persona.

Persona 5 is my first of the series and I love it. Fallout 4 was the worst since 2 dropped IMO, but still playable/fun. Can't speak on RE but I know I've seen people beat it in like 2 hours and I'm 75 hours into Persona and still not done :lol:

Debating on getting Resident Evil 7 or Persona 5 or Fallout 4. Any suggestions fellas?

Big fan of RE & Fallout series but this would be my first time playing Persona.

I love Fallout 4 and you can play that game for a while. Tons to do.

RE7 was good but after I beat it I never touched the game again. It's a good game tho.

I don't know anything about Persona.

That was me up until this weekend man I played all weekend from system to system felt good man

I loved Street Fighter 4 but 5 I have to force myself to play

I haven't got a chance to play Tekken but I already see myself liking it more than SF5

And here I am trying to get four platinum's in a week. 
laugh.gif

I join the real world next week so I might as well get to them while i can.

Horizon: Zero Dawn Has Sold 3.4 Million Copies
PlayStation's new flagship IP Horizon: Zero Dawn has sold 3.4 million copies as of April 30th.

View media item 2455982
Today, Sony Interactive Entertainment announced that PS4 exclusive Horizon: Zero Dawn from developer Guerrilla Games has sold (sold-through or sold-in not is not specified) 3.4 million copies as of April 30th.
Of those 915,000 were digital sales, according to PlayStation.

http://www.dualshockers.com/horizon-zero-dawn-has-sold-3-4-million-copies/
https://www.polygon.com/2017/6/5/15728406/ps4-sales-stats

Impressive, considering there's no bundles and it's still doing well in the PAL charts without much of a price drop.

[rule]

Sony: 1 in 5 PS4s Sold Are PS4 Pros; Selling Better Than Expected
According to Sony, PS4 Pros account for one and every 5 PS4s sold since November 2016.

View media item 2455984
Speaking to Polygon, Sony opted to not release official sales numbers for the PS4 Pro, but did say since its launch, one in every five PS4s purchased have been a Pro, which is personally a better ratio than I would have expected: not only because of the $100 more premium price, but because of the nascency of the 4K television market and the fact that Sony hasn’t seemed to push it very hard.

According to Sony global sales chief Jim Ryan, the souped-up console is way ahead of Sony’s expectations. Ryan also notes — similarly to PSVR — Sony’s forecasting for the PS4 Pro had been poor, and thus the product had been relatively short in supply, making the one-in-five ratio even more impressive

http://www.dualshockers.com/sony-1-5-ps4s-sold-ps4-pros-selling-better-expected/

40% of Pros are upgrades from an OG.
Expect mid-gen upgrades to stay.

Impressive with supply issues. Even Sony didn't think it would sell. :lol:

[rule]

PlayStation VR surpasses 1 million units sold

View media item 2455989
Sony has now sold more than 1 million PlayStation VR headsets, the company announced today. The news follows a reveal back in February that the PSVR had topped 915,000 units sold since its debut last October. It puts PSVR ahead of direct competitors like the HTC Vive and Oculus Rift — according to research firm SuperData, the two sold 420,000 and 243,000 units respectively by the end of 2016 — but still well back of Samsung’s Gear VR, which has sold more than 5 million units globally. Shawn Layden, president and CEO of Sony Interactive Entertainment America, admits there’s still plenty of work to be done, especially given the large install base of PS4 owners, which is approaching 60 million. “It’s still just a million units,” he says.
Layden expects sales to pick up this year in large part because of availability. “We’ll have freer supply in the marketplace,” he says of 2017. “We got to a point around Christmas where you would be hard-pressed to find VR anywhere. So we dialed back some of our promotional activity at that time because we didn’t want to be promoting a platform for people to find out they couldn’t get it. I didn’t want to create more unhappy customers.”
Outside of games, Sony is also looking to expand the platform with different types of experiences. To that end, Sony Pictures is bringing an upcoming experience based on Breaking Bad to PSVR, which will be helmed by the show’s creator Vince Gilligan. “For PSVR, we came to it from a gaming context,” Layden says. “But we knew at the time when we were developing it that a lot of people will have interest in this.”

https://www.theverge.com/2017/6/5/15719382/playstation-vr-sony-sales-one-million

[rule]

Sony teases “big announcements” for Japanese games at E3 2017
Japan "coming back to console in a major way."

View media item 2455994
Sony Interactive Entertainment America president and CEO Shawn Layden is teasing “some big announcements” for Japanese games at E3 2017.

Speaking to Time, Layden said that Japanese publishers are coming back to console, citing recent releases like Resident Evil 7: biohazard, Nioh, NieR: Automata, Persona 5, and Final Fantasy XV as examples.

“That’s super important for us,” Layden said. “I think a lot of Japanese developers lost their way chasing the mobile games yen, if you will, but they’re coming back to console in a major way. And speaking of, we’ll have some big announcements at E3 in that precise vein.”
There has been much speculation online about the potential announcement of a Bloodborne sequel. When asked by Glixel whether there will be any word of Sony partnering with From Software on a Bloodborne sequel at E3 2017 (as well as whether there will be any news on what Sucker Punch is working on), Layden said, “You can ask,” but wouldn’t say anything further.
In other news, Layden confirmed to Time that Sony’s E3 2017 pres conference this year will follow the same format as last year, being less of a press conference and more of a software showcase. “The crowd will only have to suffer I think in aggregate 90 seconds of me,” he joked. “And in the middle will be all the games.”
Read more at http://gematsu.com/2017/06/sony-teases-big-announcements-japanese-games-e3-2017#AfqCDQxltfMa5dZ1.99

Japan seeing success again. Loving it and I hope more companies join in.
Now finally hyped for E3

Persona 5 is my first of the series and I love it. Fallout 4 was the worst since 2 dropped IMO, but still playable/fun. Can't speak on RE but I know I've seen people beat it in like 2 hours and I'm 75 hours into Persona and still not done :lol:

im super biased..fallout 4

I love Fallout 4 and you can play that game for a while. Tons to do.

RE7 was good but after I beat it I never touched the game again. It's a good game tho.

I don't know anything about Persona.

Thanks for the input guys. If I can get Persona for a discount I'm doing it. It looks the most intriguing but currently I can get Fallout for under $20 so that might be the one for now. I'll hold out on RE till it's going for the low low. Glad I did'nt pull the trigger with the sale over the weekend.

FIFA 18, fuelled by Cristiano Ronaldo, hits the PS4 pitch this September
The world's greatest footballer inspires the Ronaldo Edition, offering early access to the game

View media item 2456067

But why have one Ronaldo when you can have two?

This year, for the first time, we can also announce that some of the most iconic footballers in the history of the game are coming to FIFA Ultimate Team on PS4, headlined by one of the players I idolised growing up: Ronaldo Nazario. The legendary Brazilian was one of the most gifted, prolific, explosive and dynamic strikers to ever play the game, and this year you’ll be able to pair him and Cristiano Ronaldo to terrify opposition defenders in FUT.

View media item 2456069
giphy.gif

The GOAT.

Last edited:
So, I heard something peculiar last week, I think on the EZA podcast. Agent is still listed on Rockstar's website.

http://www.rockstargames.com/games/info/agent

Now, I don't believe it's coming really, but it's weird to still be listed, right?

That's like the only game I can think of right now that could be resurrected and be on the level of E3 2015 trio hype.

I don't think it's coming either but they renewed the trademark for it last year so who knows.

Some E3 rumors starting up. I think it was mentioned in this thread already, but Bethesda is rumored to announced Starfield (sci-fi open world game) and Fallout 4 VR.

Same leaker mentioned Bethesda's next project after these two (but probably wont be announced) is Game of Thrones RPG.

Last edited:
If Bethesda gives me fallout/elder scrolls in space I will love them for all time. Just please for the love of god make it look somewhat pretty.

Back
Top Bottom