The Old PlayStation Thread | *NEW THREAD IS UP*

Bleh......they can do better than that if they're thinking of a PS5.

Sony really needs to control their god damn impulses like Microsoft and just ****ing wait. Wait until it is possible fully support 60 fps and real 4k in a gaming console, then start the new console generation based on that.

Hell, that is too low of me.........how about beyond real 4k and a future higher FPS would be my golden standard for a next generation console.

Sony & Microsoft following the trend of Apple & Samsung by constantly releasing a new version of their "previous device" every year is blatantly un-necessary, especially for gaming consoles.

I get both those 2 companies have the "money to burn" in doing so, but literally from a business perspective.......I will never understand why they feel the need to go the "smartphone route" with their gaming consoles.

Honestly, a PC will still outdo any future console upgrade within a matter of moments DESPITE the huge price tag. Hell, a future generation of consoles will probably jack up the price of these consoles........and it'll probably make people jump to PC gaming even more.

I'm not even a pure PC gamer, but I'm literally beginning to understand their argument even more when Sony & Microsoft continue these "mid-tier upgrades" or "too-soon generation upgrades."

I'm PC and console. It's gonna be a long time before consoles hit native 4k60 min at a price ppl will pay. The 1080ti is the first card to mostly hit 4k60 and even that is hit or miss, not to mention it costs almost 2 Ps4 pros lol.

I really hate the mid tier upgrades also. Consoles shouldn't be in the bleeding edge graphics market. Focus on the exclusives and good games, and step up with there's enough of an advance in technology to be a real new gen. PS1 to PS2 was amazing. 2 to 3 was rocky at first but ultimately amazing. 3 to 4 has been cool. Step up to Pro seems eh from the outside. 4 to 5 I can see as the most lateral yet. Same goes for MS.

We have about 6-8 months after Infinite comes out before DBFZ comes out so we'll see. And as for the newer version of it coming out. Of course there's gonna be one. Easy money. lol

There still hasn't been a super sf5

My deal is why make a person pay for characters...all fighting games have that problem I love fighting games but I don't want to pay for a character that I'm not gonna main but I do want to use them to mess around

I would like a console I could mod or make better if I wanted too and could afford it, sort like pc and playing on low or medium settings if I could afford the parts to play on highest settings then that's fine but if not I'll still be happy playing medium settings

You literally described a PC lol minus the Sony exclusives of course

You literally described a PC lol minus the Sony exclusives of course

Yeah I know but I want that from a console the Nintendo 64 had the expansion pack...lets say I could buy a ps slim and it has a removable port and to make it as powerful as a pro I have to buy this new port for 60$ and change it myself or I could trade in my slim and buy a pro because I don't want to change it myself

Dreams lol

My deal is why make a person pay for characters...all fighting games have that problem I love fighting games but I don't want to pay for a character that I'm not gonna main but I do want to use them to mess around
thought there was insider talk of super sf5 releasing as an update

Yeah I know but I want that from a console the Nintendo 64 had the expansion pack...lets say I could buy a ps slim and it has a removable port and to make it as powerful as a pro I have to buy this new port for 60$ and change it myself or I could trade in my slim and buy a pro because I don't want to change it myself

Dreams lol

I didn't even know what the expansion pack did as a kid lol all I knew was I needed it to play Majoras Mask and Perfect Dark so I begged for it.

But on that note I could see them catching hell if a game didn't work without something like that nowadays, or if performance was too different.

thought there was insider talk of super sf5 releasing as an update
If I remember correctly, the update would be free to current owners and available for purchase for newcomers. I think that's fair and a lot better than the mandated SF4 update.

I didn't even know what the expansion pack did as a kid lol all I knew was I needed it to play Majoras Mask and Perfect Dark so I begged for it.

But on that note I could see them catching hell if a game didn't work without something like that nowadays, or if performance was too different.
Man I bought that trash because I seen somebody else with it. Paid $30 for it just to continue playing WWF No Mercy and WrestleMania 2000 lol

Man I bought that trash because I seen somebody else with it. Paid $30 for it just to continue playing WWF No Mercy and WrestleMania 2000 lol

Can't argue with that. GOAT tier wrestling games. Pretty sure I took one or both in the video game draft

This is both a conspiracy theory (and me being an inner Nintendo fanboy)..........but why do I have a feeling Sony & Microsoft keep doing these mid-tier OR super-quick upgrades to their console just so they don't want Nintendo to catch up with them (as in, Nintendo will have access to the current gen technology WHEN PRICES ARE CHEAPER)?

Like I said, that's just the inner Nintendo fanboy in me talking conspiracy theories......don't mind me

That's because there wont be a Super SF5. The devs themselves said it, and their reason was:

“While these one-time updates did revive interest in the series every few years, it was difficult to keep players engaged for long periods of time unless they were competitive. This also punished players who took a break from playing the game, because if they wanted to start again in a few years, they would be forced to purchase an upgrade to join the existing player pool who had already moved on to a new version. On top of that, this old method also forced players to purchase all of the new content, even if only a few characters may have appealed to them.”

Also, you dont need to buy the characters with real money if you dont want to. You can grind out fight money and unlock them that way. I do agree with you that they should at least be available in practice mode.

http://www.capcom-unity.com/combofiend/blog/2015/07/18/street-fighter-v-a-new-way-to-play

Got my ps tv today, i know it's old and maybe no one is looking to buy one but I'll still give my impressions just in case lol...screen sharing PS4 first you will need a strong connection, but it works perfectly if you do, like a room away or same room you'll have no lag but any farther I was lagging. secondly it's basically a vita console to the tv, if this was packaged with a vita it would be everything they say the Nintendo switch is, play on the tv, grab ur vita leave and keep playing not as quick as a switch cause you would have to take out the game but still...thirdly it's not a PS4 :lol: I'm used to multitasking on my PS4 this device you have to close the game to view trophies and things like that...other than that if you want to stream your PS4 in the next room or same room on a different tv and if you want to play vita games but don't want spend the money for a vita just yet then I would spend no more than $50 on it unless your getting a memory card with it
IMG_0431.JPG

Also very Excited about the walking dead game.

Used to get so hyped to hack/mod things like this but end up not really using them. Wish I knew what happened to my modded psp.

This is both a conspiracy theory (and me being an inner Nintendo fanboy)..........but why do I have a feeling Sony & Microsoft keep doing these mid-tier OR super-quick upgrades to their console just so they don't want Nintendo to catch up with them (as in, Nintendo will have access to the current gen technology WHEN PRICES ARE CHEAPER)?

Like I said, that's just the inner Nintendo fanboy in me talking conspiracy theories......don't mind me
I don't think either MS or Sony is worried about Nintendo. I think Nintendo is just in different space altogether when it comes to gaming. They'll always have great 1st party games but that's about it imo. For every step forward they take, they take two backward. I'm not gonna even get on voice chat app for the switch smh.

Out b4 nawghty comes to get me

I think Nintendo knows their market (trash online app aside lol). Probably won't see them at the top of graphics anymore. They're more focused on art style and tight gameplay

If I remember correctly, the update would be free to current owners and available for purchase for newcomers. I think that's fair and a lot better than the mandated SF4 update.

Yeah that is fair because I bought sf4 release date 65$ super and ultra for the same that's 190$ on the same game lmao

what was that game for the playstation
it was a wcw wrestling game
and during the match
u could call another wrestler from the back to come to the ring
to help u fight during the match

Sounds more like Bungie LOL (this is the argument they used for why Destiny 2 is restricted to 30 fps on consoles, but left uncapped on PCs).

Don't even get me started on those bums lol that's on the "human eye can't see more than 30 fps" level

I don't think either MS or Sony is worried about Nintendo. I think Nintendo is just in different space altogether when it comes to gaming. They'll always have great 1st party games but that's about it imo. For every step forward they take, they take two backward. I'm not gonna even get on voice chat app for the switch smh.

Out b4 nawghty comes to get me
nah everything u said is right
but imagine if nintendo was interested in having the best tech
coupled with their games
man

Idk I like Nintendo style I haven't had a Nintendo since GameCube...but they have great first party titles and that's what Sony and MS need to focus on imo 3rd party games are great and all that but at this point there's no doubting that both ms and Sony get 3rd party how about some great exclusives

For Sony what happened to their great characters/mascots? Crash bandicoot, little big planet, fat princess, sly cooper, god of war, twisted metal etc.

What's the one game you think of when you think of Sony PlayStation?
What happened to killzone lol the first one was cool

Ms I can say halo, gears, forza...

Back
Top Bottom