The Old PlayStation Thread | *NEW THREAD IS UP*

MGS 5 was the first and only Metal Gear game I played through and I might be in the minority but I absolutely LOVED that game. The gameplay loop was so addicting. I spent hours and hours upgrading Mother Base, capturing and recruiting soldiers, and exploring the world just looking for materials. I even went back and S ranked every mission just to unlock Raiden. From the reviews I’ve seen so far DS will probably scratch that itch for me so I’m all in day one

Makes since. As a first time entry you probably don’t have the expectations those of us who were there from at least MGS1 (Shadow Moses). In the end, the story was hollow and gameplay was pretty lackluster after a while. Basically big void left in a very pretty world.

I expected a lot more. None the less Kojimas name carried that game to amazing scores.

I’m relaxed. You’re the one that couldn’t wait to come in here and proclaim Death Stranding is trash upon the review embargo lifting.

Of course, you haven’t played it, and despite multiple people asking you how you know it is trash, you’ve yet to answer anyone. So all I can do is try to reach that conclusion. Or maybe you did play it. Hard to say because you’ve yet to answer the very simple question.

if you would like to share, please do so.

Last edited:
Makes since. As a first time entry you probably don’t have the expectations those of us who were there from at least MGS1 (Shadow Moses). In the end, the story was hollow and gameplay was pretty lackluster after a while. Basically big void left in a very pretty world.

I expected a lot more. None the less Kojimas name carried that game to amazing scores.
What about the gameplay did you feel lackluster? In my opinion I felt it was anything but. The variety in which you could complete missions depending on load out, time of day, stealth or “guns blazing” etc. is something very few games if any have ever come close to since. The fact that guard’s positions would change depending on the time of day and that they would remember you and set traps for the next time you came through was extremely impressive and realistic to me. It forced you to rethink each encounter. Not to mention me playing through the entire game, S ranks and all, completely non lethal (except for the mission where Quiet gets captured since the game pretty much makes you use lethal force). And that doesn’t even cover Snake’s mobility in the game. The fluidity of going from standing to crouching to laying prone to popping back up into a sprint, all without missing a beat was so satisfying that it made every game that came after feel like I had two left feet. More developers should take note

pathetic and desperate :smh:

that game is so pathetic :smh:

EB9EB7DF-AA50-478B-95F2-32E063EF85AD.gif

I also find it funny anytime I bring up how bad DS is, Swendro always rides into this Xbox hate.

As if I haven’t been championing for TLOU2 like it’s going out of style. As if I haven’t said on multiple occasions how TLOU is genre defining. Basically ND = Goat to me.

Last time I checked, the ONLY rock For the PS4

What you haven’t said is what you based your statement about DS being trash, just as you’ve been saying all along, is based on.

I suspect you will continue to not do so, therefore let’s move on until the next PS game you’re dying to call trash.

Last edited:
I am definitely looking forward to some of your opinions on the game. I also will check it out on Twitch. I wanted to go in blind but I just wasn't sold and couldn't commit another $60 to a game I was unsure of. I am trying to make better choices when it comes to games. I have a never ending backlog and it really doesn't make any sense.

I am definitely looking forward to some of your opinions on the game. I also will check it out on Twitch. I wanted to go in blind but I just wasn't sold and couldn't commit another $60 to a game I was unsure of. I am trying to make better choices when it comes to games. I have a never ending backlog and it really doesn't make any sense.

amen.

I am pretty confident that those who have been looking forward to it will enjoy it.

Seems like the sensible, level-headed thing to do ?. Although I would try to limit the twitch stream viewing. Seems like the TGS demo is a good indicator of what the gameplay is.

Clearly not gonna be a game for everyone, which I’ll admit makes me even more intrigued. AAA games of interest to me are few and far between honestly and i have no backlog.

And if it doesn’t do it for me, no big deal. Either way I’m glad it’s happening.

Last edited:
Seems like the sensible, level-headed thing to do ?. Although I would try to limit the twitch stream viewing. Seems like the TGS demo is a good indicator of what the gameplay is.

Clearly not gonna be a game for everyone, which I’ll admit makes me even more intrigued.

And if it doesn’t do it for me, no big deal. Either way I’m glad it’s happening.
For sure. I normally just check out some random middle-of-game gameplay and see what the "real" game is like. That way I don't come across something too spoiler-ish. I hope it turns out great.

What you haven’t said is what you based your statement about DS being trash, just as you’ve been saying all along, is based on.

I suspect you will continue to not do so, therefore let’s move on until the next PS game you’re dying to call trash.

And your still hurting. So let me answer your question. Based on WHAT IVE PLAYED, which is repetitive fetch and quest and the reviews I’ve seen (which feel the same way as I do). This game is utter garbage, esp considering the KOJIMA hype. Period.

Could’ve all been avoided if he just said he played it.

of course he’s been saying it’s garbage for a long time so sounds like he had his mind up to begin with.

guess im going to have to wait on a sale for DS hopefully this jedi fallen order scores good or im done copping games until 2020 Cyber punk

nothing else on the horizon before CP

Think I'll just watch a gameplay walkthrough of DS and call it that.

Nothing I've seen so far makes it a must cop.

Could’ve all been avoided if he just said he played it.

of course he’s been saying it’s garbage for a long time so sounds like he had his mind up to begin with.

And yet you’re still bitter that MY OPINION of the game is that it’s trash, and OTHERS namely some reviewers tend to agree. Sheesh I never knew KOJIMA meant that much to you. I’m so sorry bro.

? ok dude. Keep playing games you know are gonna suck so you can come in here and tell us they suck like you said they were gonna suck. We all find it extremely valuable to the discourse of this thread.

I don’t think there’s anyone else in this thread that plays games that they know suck, so your contribution is much appreciated.

preorder cancelled thx ✌

p.s. kojima bad

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom